The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

That there are people willing to defend Trumps recent rhetoric is proof positive that reasonable political discourse is dead.

This last week has the been the icing on the cake that Trump and his ilk created.

Politics is now basically the same tribal level as supporting football.

I dont care how much you might like Trump or believe in his policies, if you cant bring yourself to condemm his recent behaviour you are basically a lost cause

I think that’s a good analogy; and a frightening one.

However passionate we are about football its importance is at a different level and whilst a lack of rationality and objectivity might be part and parcel of supporting a football club that is not the thought process that should guide our political views.

We are hurtling towards the narrow nationalism and xenophobia that led to the last world war.  The irony in Scotland being that the political party that includes a national reference in its name is the one furthest removed from those dangerous nationalist sentiments.

10 hours ago, sureiknow said:

Now what Trump did not say.

Send them Home.

He said why don't these people go back to those totally broke and crime infected places from which they come. ( oboviously from a heritage point )  And come back and show us how it's done.

Fair comment i think - three of the four were born in the US and one is a US citizen. There is nowhere for them to "go back" to.

Now for Ilham Omar!

This person refuses to condemn terrorism - "it [terrorism] is an evil act, and we do have evil people in this world" - her point was that Muslims specifically shouldn't have to condemn, as they're normal people who obviously don't agree with it. "When you have an individual … in a Western society that goes on and does commit like a mass murder — we have mass shootings that happen constantly here — we investigate that person and what has driven them to commit that act. When an act is committed by these Muslim terrorists... we investigate that whole faith, we investigate that whole society, and everyone is supposed to have some answer to why these people are doing this"

Described the 9/11 terrorists as " some people". Indeed! - she was talking about discrimination against Muslims after 9/11, and the foundation of CAIR which is a Muslim civil liberties group. She said "some people" as opposed to "all people". SOME people committed the 9/11 atrocities, but ALL Muslims faced discrimination because of it

Refused to condemn Al Qaeda - she said she wouldn't dignify the question with a response - and a recent attack by Antifa on an I.C.E. Facility. - attack by antifa = one suicidal old man

As for marrying her Brother?

Well Trump did not say she did or infer she had - "there was a lot of talk that she was married to her brother. I don’t know anything about it. I heard she was married to her brother" - this is classic Trump. "People are saying" followed by something he's lying about. And you mean imply, not infer. And he most certainly implied she had married her brother.

This story has been going around for years.

Happy to help/

13 hours ago, sureiknow said:

Described the 9/11 terrorists as " some people".

Terrible she is.

“I can hear you! I can hear you! The rest of the world hears you! And the people — and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon!”
“America counts millions of Muslims amongst our citizens, and Muslims make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country. Muslims are doctors, lawyers, law professors, members of the military, entrepreneurs, shopkeepers, moms and dads. And they need to be treated with respect. In our anger and emotion, our fellow Americans must treat each other with respect.

"Women who cover their heads in this country must feel comfortable going outside their homes. Moms who wear cover must be not intimidated in America. That’s not the America I know. That’s not the America I value. I’ve been told that some fear to leave; some don’t want to go shopping for their families; some don’t want to go about their ordinary daily routines because, by wearing cover, they’re afraid they’ll be intimidated. That should not and that will not stand in America. Those who feel like they can intimidate our fellow citizens to take out their anger don’t represent the best of America, they represent the worst of humankind, and they should be ashamed of that kind of behavior.”

Spoiler

Ok, actually it was George Dubya, but virtually identical to Ilhan Omar's 20 minute speech.

Don't see the problem here? "Some people" were responsible for 9/11.

Unless you believe that they're not actually people at all. But members of an ancient reptilian race that can shapeshift into human like form.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

Don't see the problem here? "Some people" were responsible for 9/11.

Unless you believe that they're not actually people at all. But members of an ancient reptilian race that can shapeshift into human like form.

The Royal Family did 9/11? Huge if true

You can imagine him offering the Swedes a deal where Rocky plays a show for free, they keep the profits and it's all called quits.

This entire story is brilliant. All the dumb Americans convinced this is a huge miscarriage of justice despite the fact there's video of Rocky and his security team leathering some wee guy in the middle of the street.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump attacking the Mayor of London again.  What a fucking moron if a man.

He is trying to portray himself and the GOP as the barrier against Muslim politicians in the USA. That's why he focuses on Ilhan Omar and Sadiq Khan.

It's an electoral strategy and it's quite smart considering that the American government, both parties and the media have spent 18 years conditioning Americans to hate Muslims.

He is trying to portray himself and the GOP as the barrier against Muslim politicians in the USA. That's why he focuses on Ilhan Omar and Sadiq Khan.
It's an electoral strategy and it's quite smart considering that the American government, both parties and the media have spent 18 years conditioning Americans to hate Muslims.

It is. But I think he actually believes it too. The hatred in this Tweet is almost tangible.

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 16:45, Granny Danger said:

Trump attacking the Mayor of London again.  What a fucking moron if a man.

I don’t expect the new PM to tell him to mind his own business.

There are a lot of decent politicians who live in fear that Donald Trump might say something nice about them.

Sadiq Khan can sleep easy knowing that will never happen.

On 19/07/2019 at 08:00, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Sureiknow is a barely literate, dribbling simpleton who feels obliged to come on here and defend facists and racists.

It's as if banana had a stroke and then asked a 5 year old to type out his posts.

Is that folk who don't like faces?