The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
12 hours ago, welshbairn said:
Doubt the people in the rust belt give a f**k about Iran. Don't know why he's taken sides against Iran, unless it's the big party the Saudis threw for him and his creepy son-in-law whispering in his ear. The establishment, both Democrat and Republican, can't forgive them for the Tehran embassy siege, nearly 40 years later, and the Beirut bombing, Yanks have an awful long memory, but I don't think Trump will start a war there, doubt he gives a f**k.

Two words - John Bolton. Read David Pratt's excellent article in yesterday's National.

He was slagging off Iran long before Bolton arrived.

He was slagging off Iran long before Bolton arrived.
Yes indeed, but I'll raise you by pointing out that as far back as the George Bush Jnr presidency Bolton was fabricating evidence and dissembling to justify war - this guy has serial form.

What we need to remember is that Trump is a political ventriloquist's dummy, incapable of original thought. We all need to hope that the Pentagon puts the crazies like Bolton back in their box; I honestly don't think the US military wants war with Iran, especially given their close relationship with Russia

32 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

It’s all part of the evangelical rights mad march to Armageddon. They want the Great Bear from the north involved with their biblical “End Times” prophecies.

Yeah this is a serious issue with the Christian right, they are quite happy for the world to go to war in the name of God. Some of my family are radical born again Christians and are brexiteers due to not wanting anything to do with a euro-army. Also think Trump is a good guy because he likes the Jews and hates the Muslims, when I ask them about all his non christian ways they just say no one is perfect. There is no talking to them.

3 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Yeah this is a serious issue with the Christian right, they are quite happy for the world to go to war in the name of God. Some of my family are radical born again Christians and are brexiteers due to not wanting anything to do with a euro-army. Also think Trump is a good guy because he likes the Jews and hates the Muslims, when I ask them about all his non christian ways they just say no one is perfect. There is no talking to them.

There's someone in the Bible that the evangelicals invoke as an analogy for supporting Trump.

49 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

There's someone in the Bible that the evangelicals invoke as an analogy for supporting Trump.

The guy who spent 40 days and nights in the desert being tempted by him?

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Imagine if he posted on here.

Absolute scenes every time.

Not convinced it'd be any more mental or cringe inducing than the boys posting in the "Dotting accounts?" thread last weekend, tbh.