The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I wonder who recently sabotaged the oil tankers in the Straits of Hormuz.  My money is on covert US operations.

Reminds me of the Gulf of Tonkin incident but it was probably the Iranians. US sanctions are really beginning to bite, it's full economic warfare, and declaring the Revolutionary Guards as a terrorist organization was probably the last straw.

29 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I wonder who recently sabotaged the oil tankers in the Straits of Hormuz.  My money is on covert US operations.

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Reminds me of the Gulf of Tonkin incident but it was probably the Iranians. US sanctions are really beginning to bite, it's full economic warfare, and declaring the Revolutionary Guards as a terrorist organization was probably the last straw.

Mossad claims Iran is preparing to strike US interests, it's splashed across every western newspaper, the US says any such actions would have grave consequences... so Iran says f**k it, YOLO and does it anyway. Sounds legit.

1 minute ago, Zetterlund said:

Mossad claims Iran is preparing to strike US interests, it's splashed across every western newspaper, the US says any such actions would have grave consequences... so Iran says f**k it, YOLO and does it anyway. Sounds legit.

Could well be the Israelis I suppose. I just think things are falling apart a bit in Iran and the Guards could be taking action on their own.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Could well be the Israelis I suppose. I just think things are falling apart a bit in Iran and the Guards could be taking action on their own.

You can never rule out someone going rogue of course but as usual with the US meddling around the world, these designated enemy states have a terrible habit of doing precisely the worst possible thing for themselves and the best possible thing for the US war narrative. 

“Non-Emergency” US Consular Staff are being evacuated from Iraq (something that didn’t happen in 2014) and there are unusually strongly-worded releases from Consulates across the region. There’s definitely something going on, but as of now our security guys are only advising to avoid political meeting places and US-specific locations (I.e embassies and consulates).

Not sure it’s the Mossad that’s exaggerating the threat, but there’s obviously some reason to believe there’s potential for some kind of incidents. Could be absolutely nothing.

The UK Consul General is keeping its usual low-key profile and telling folk to carry on regardless. Post Benghazi, the US overseas stations have been particularly jumpy, but this is... unprecedented.

“Non-Emergency” US Consular Staff are being evacuated from Iraq (something that didn’t happen in 2014) and there are unusually strongly-worded releases from Consulates across the region. There’s definitely something going on, but as of now our security guys are only advising to avoid political meeting places and US-specific locations (I.e embassies and consulates).

Not sure it’s the Mossad that’s exaggerating the threat, but there’s obviously some reason to believe there’s potential for some kind of incidents. Could be absolutely nothing.

The UK Consul General is keeping its usual low-key profile and telling folk to carry on regardless. Post Benghazi, the US overseas stations have been particularly jumpy, but this is... unprecedented.
Yep, and the American rhetoric has been directly contravened by a senior military rank operating within an international monitoring group in the Middle East. Putin will be watching events closely.

On 5/11/2019 at 20:56, NotThePars said:

Where's H_B gone to? I've seen quite a few people in recent months echoing his argument about US policy pivoting towards encircling China. One good take in 100 is a good return for him.

If you are talking about me i've been on holiday but i'm back now sadly.

The China policy is obvious. The entire US economy is based on dollar hegemony and being able to exploit whatever resources they want globally. They aren't going to let China ruin that for them without a fight.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

If you are talking about me i've been on holiday but i'm back now sadly.

The China policy is obvious. The entire US economy is based on dollar hegemony and being able to exploit whatever resources they want globally. They aren't going to let China ruin that for them without a fight.

If Biden ruins the country and ends up the Democrat nominee then I can see Trump focusing very heavily on his ties to China. 

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Yep, and the American rhetoric has been directly contravened by a senior military rank operating within an international monitoring group in the Middle East. Putin will be watching events closely.

If you mean this guy here's the press conference. Not had time to watch it but it looks interesting. Set off a panic at the Pentagon.

https://dod.defense.gov/News/Special-Reports/Videos/?videoid=680548

Edited by welshbairn

A backward state going further backward.  It’s pretty depressing.
The more the medieval states in the US revert to the 14th Century, the more will be the flight of those more able to the seaboards. The net result will be a socio-economic sandwich in which the middle descends completely into a wild, virtually ungovernable dystopian Southern Comfort hell-hole.

6 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48275795

Alabama passes a bill to ban abortion including in cases of rape/incest

Decided by these perfectly representative citizens of Alabama.

1961.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

768.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=format

It's GAMMON WARS! QUESTION TIME v ALABAMA! BRING IT ON!

Edited by welshbairn

Sebastian Gorka declaring "it's a war for our culture" over that episode of Arthur just months after declaring "they're trying to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin always dreamed of but never accomplished". Absolute king.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Dumb question but if you're in Alabama and want an abortion, can you go to a neighbouring state and do it there?

Was wondering the same. I think it's the same rules in NI so somebody should know.

9 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Dumb question but if you're in Alabama and want an abortion, can you go to a neighbouring state and do it there?

Yes, if you can afford to do so. Many of the people this will affect can't afford to do so.