The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

3 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

So you were supporting Mueller with sarcasm  when all we had was Barr's very biased version of his report.  Yeah mate. 

Think you're on the wrong track here. Follow the money. Into car parks.

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Only an incredibly stupid person would not realise that the second post you quoted was complete sarcasm.

I’m pretty sure that was mentioned after I originally posted it.

Yeah, you did, and it was quite obvious.

This is developing into an impressive minter.

7 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

So you were supporting Mueller with sarcasm  when all we had was Barr's very biased version of his report.  Yeah mate. 

I think you’re losing the plot.

Mate.

12 hours ago, Detournement said:
Just seen that Abramson is 238 tweets deep in the report :lol:

I had to mute him. He’s a creative writing professor.

ETA: I shit you not, that thing ended up at 450 tweets.  

Edited by Savage Henry

So you’re saying Trump lied???!!!  I find that hard to believe.

Looks like his lapdog Barr has down everything he can to downplay this.
I can just about forgive the US people for electing this guy in 2016, but in the highly unlikely event he wins a second term they should never be forgiven.

I’m almost certain if there was an election tomorrow in the states trump would win.

2 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I’m almost certain if there was an election tomorrow in the states trump would win.

He would as the Democrats seem intent on cheating Bernie and/or Tulsi again in favour of Joe Biden!

Democratic voters won't turn out for Biden, just like they didn't for Hillary.....some even voted for Trump instead!

Mind there was about two days where people sincerely argued that Trump wouldn't, or couldn't, use the Touchy Joe Biden angle for fear of being labelled a hypocrite?

Anyway it was good to see Bernie getting a good response on Fox. The more of the lumpen who realise he's their best shot at not living an utterly miserable existence the better.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Is there any polling data to back that assertion?

It's based on the Super delegates screwing Bernie in round 2 as opposed to round 1 this time.

Trump is almost a protest vote for Democrats instead of maintaining the status quo they'd get with Obama/Clinton/Biden.

If you don't believe me, watch Jimmy Dore on YouTube!

9 minutes ago, sjc said:

It's based on the Super delegates screwing Bernie in round 2 as opposed to round 1 this time.

Trump is almost a protest vote for Democrats instead of maintaining the status quo they'd get with Obama/Clinton/Biden.

If you don't believe me, watch Jimmy Dore on YouTube!

In other words, no.

FWIW I have nothing but disdain for the Democratic establishment who would probably prefer another four years of Trump to a progressive Democrat but that doesn’t detract from my question.

BTW, I thought super delegates had been done away with.

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

In other words, no.

FWIW I have nothing but disdain for the Democratic establishment who would probably prefer another four years of Trump to a progressive Democrat but that doesn’t detract from my question.

BTW, I thought super delegates had been done away with.

The Republicans and Democrats (bar Bernie, Tulsi and a couple of others) are one and the same thing. Bought and paid for by the global Corporations!

The Democrats have only done away with super delegates in round 1 but have increased the number of candidates, therefore increasing the likelihood of a round 2. i.e it's a fix!

Aye the candidates are basically being micro marketed to certain demographics to ensure that it's all up in the air at the convention. One of the more bizarre candidates is Marianne Williamson who is a Jewish woman pushing for slavery reparations of $500 billion dollars to the descendants of slaves.

The focus on reparations is obviously designed to create a wedge in working class voters which will diminish their ability to campaign for realistic policies like $15 minimum wage and Medicare for all. It has also created (minor) division within black America as some black Americans are starting to refer to themselves as "A Descendant Of Slaves" (#ADOS) and arguing that black people descended from post civil war migrants or black people who's families were never slaves in the north don't deserve reparations. It will be a complete and utter clustefuck if this becomes a genuine issue in the primary.

Reading the various reports over the weekend, I am torn two ways about impeachment.  

The could be a prima facia argument based on obstruction of justice but it would never get passed the Senate; could become a political sideshow; and nothing should be done that would help unite Republicans.

Might be better waiting to see what stems from the State level investigations first.