The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

I know it's been posted on the thread about the Notre Dame fire but worth recording it here for posterity.

Maybe that's what Boeing should do with their 737-Maxes.... SYNERGY!

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That was very quick reading, it's only just been released, non searchable and 448 pages.

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

There is a huge number of people reading it and tweeting about it. Just Twitter search who you are interested in and screenshots pop up.

The fact that it doesn't mention that the Russian lawyer met with a paid operative of the Clinton campaign before and after the meeting tells you Mueller isn't playing straight.

Edited by Detournement

42 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That was very quick reading, it's only just been released, non searchable and 448 pages.

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

The next couple of days will be folk reading up on Twitter purely the political and legal folk who say things they like.  I'll do that as well.  It'll take several days for any kind of consensus to come out, and even then people will only read what they want to read.  Slow news is called for here, and people making rush judgements on Fox and MSNBC are helping nobody.  

Once RT comes out with an official editorial, it'll be safe to assume the polar opposite is true.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The next couple of days will be folk reading up on Twitter purely the political and legal folk who say things they like.  I'll do that as well.  It'll take several days for any kind of consensus to come out, and even then people will only read what they want to read.  Slow news is called for here, and people making rush judgements on Fox and MSNBC are helping nobody.  

Once RT comes out with an official editorial, it'll be safe to assume the polar opposite is true.

Might just read the thing, a warning that the whole thing is scanned and takes half an hour to download. From what I've read it makes for a great movie, secret meetings between private military bosses and FSB operatives in the Seychelles, Manafort feeding GRU with precise targets for borderline states from polling data. But no doubt Rizzau has already read the whole thing and found that a Democrat wasn't mentioned when they weren't under investigation.

Despite Trump saying there was no obstruction a theme emerging from the report is that Trump did try to obstruct the investigation and the only reason that there was none was that the aides he instructed to carry out his orders completely ignored him :lol: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-47817596?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5cb8ad73739f02066581792a%26No obstruction by Trump because others failed%262019-04-18T17%3A01%3A40.589Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:a4fc8e17-3262-4e21-a762-bb7f56d76c2f&pinned_post_asset_id=5cb8ad73739f02066581792a&pinned_post_type=share

Edited by RiG

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

Despite Trump saying there was no obstruction a theme emerging from the report is that Trump did try to obstruct the investigation and the only reason that there was none was that the aides he instructed to carry out his orders completely ignored him :lol: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-47817596?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5cb8ad73739f02066581792a%26No obstruction by Trump because others failed%262019-04-18T17%3A01%3A40.589Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:a4fc8e17-3262-4e21-a762-bb7f56d76c2f&pinned_post_asset_id=5cb8ad73739f02066581792a&pinned_post_type=share

So you’re saying Trump lied???!!!  I find that hard to believe.

Looks like his lapdog Barr has down everything he can to downplay this.

I can just about forgive the US people for electing this guy in 2016, but in the highly unlikely event he wins a second term they should never be forgiven.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He's a pathological liar and has been for years. The report merely confirms this but his supporters won't care.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

He's a pathological liar and has been for years. The report merely confirms this but his supporters won't care.

Yeah, going back to my other point, I think next time around he will get the support of his hardcore base and few others.  Even the inconsistencies of the electoral college system won’t see him over the line.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah, going back to my other point, I think next time around he will get the support of his hardcore base and few others.  Even the inconsistencies of the electoral college system won’t see him over the line.

From what I gather, he could be in a spot of bother once he's out of office.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I can just about forgive the US people for electing this guy in 2016, but in the highly unlikely event he wins a second term they should never be forgiven.

Bill Barr is getting it tight pretty much right across the board.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Good to see you are back in the saddle :lol:

Not sure what that means at all, but it's fairly (if not legally) obvious that nothing was going to happen to him while he was in office.  

Edited by Savage Henry

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

On 24/03/2019 at 22:14, Granny Danger said:

Trump has bought Mueller off, there needs to be an investigation of Mueller’s financial holdings.

So you have given up trying to pedal your conspiracy theory that Mueller had been bought off. 

Might just read the thing, a warning that the whole thing is scanned and takes half an hour to download. From what I've read it makes for a great movie, secret meetings between private military bosses and FSB operatives in the Seychelles, Manafort feeding GRU with precise targets for borderline states from polling data. But no doubt Rizzau has already read the whole thing and found that a Democrat wasn't mentioned when they weren't under investigation.

I’ve just downloaded it. It’s my weekend reading for the next few weeks.

6 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

So you have given up trying to pedal your conspiracy theory that Mueller had been bought off. 

Only an incredibly stupid person would not realise that the second post you quoted was complete sarcasm.

I’m pretty sure that was mentioned after I originally posted it.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Only an incredibly stupid person would not realise that the second post you quoted was complete sarcasm.

So you were supporting Mueller with sarcasm  when all we had was Barr's very biased version of his report.  Yeah mate.