The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 18:49, Detournement said:

Russophobia surely can't get any dumber than that.

This kind of unhinged nonsense is Exhibit A in the case for the 'MSM' being at least as bad, or worse, than the likes of RT and Sputnik. I'm pretty sure neither would come anywhere near to this particular example of blatant, hysterical state propaganda, which is more akin to something out of North Korea.  Absolutely frightening that this is apparently the most-watched news (lol) program in the US.

I've watched Maddow a few times, it's not news  (and I don't mean hur hur it's like Fox, I mean it's literally not news - it's more an investigative show like that Stacey Dooley but less ****ing vacant.) f**k knows what that video is all about though. Best punter on that channel is the lad Lawrence O'Donnell, nothing but sneering contempt for President Dipshit. 8)

22 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

This kind of unhinged nonsense is Exhibit A in the case for the 'MSM' being at least as bad, or worse, than the likes of RT and Sputnik. I'm pretty sure neither would come anywhere near to this particular example of blatant, hysterical state propaganda, which is more akin to something out of North Korea.  Absolutely frightening that this is apparently the most-watched news (lol) program in the US.

Absolute shite. One segment which is nowhere near as bad as Fox is consistently means nothing, never mind considering Jamie's explanation of it. 

On 1/31/2019 at 00:12, welshbairn said:

God gives great wealth to inexperienced countries, who are incapable of handling it, to allow developed nations to exploit it. The Congo is another example. There are countless. Praise the Lord. Countries who get overwhelmed with a single massively profitably source of wealth that makes other industries look a bit pointless usually don't do very well.

In the 80's I worked in Brunei.    One of the computer projects I did was in the State Secretariat. 

I'd regularly see Prince Jefri, the Sultan's brother,  in and around the building, usually in the company of a couple of bodyguards., but no big retinue.

He was a good looking, well dressed, well turned out guy.

I noticed a picture of him in a magazine a couple of years ago. He looked like a wizened old man who had led a hard life.

Almost glad I've never owned a multitude of cars,  large houses in many countries across the world, with accompanying  resident girlfriends.

And about 2000 prostitutes.   

I can only think that somehow he's  had the life sucked out of him.....

Edited by beefybake

In the 80's I worked in Brunei.    One of the computer projects I did was in the State Secretariat. 
I'd regularly see Prince Jefri, the Sultan's brother,  in and around the building, usually in the company of a couple of bodyguards., but no big retinue.
He was a good looking, well dressed, well turned out guy.
I noticed a picture of him in a magazine a couple of years ago. He looked like a wizened old man who had led a hard life.
Almost glad I've never owned a multitude of cars,  large houses in many countries across the world, with accompanying  resident girlfriends.
And about 2000 prostitutes.   
I can only think that somehow he's  had the life sucked out of him.....

Poor soul.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Absolute shite. One segment which is nowhere near as bad as Fox is consistently means nothing, never mind considering Jamie's explanation of it. 

Maybe should have said current affairs rather than news. Fox is obviously also awful. I'm not singling out Maddow or MSNBC, hence the reference to mainstream media as a whole, but one segment? This is maybe one of the worst to date, but it's just the latest in a long line of loonball scaremongering nonsense.

55 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Maybe should have said current affairs rather than news. Fox is obviously also awful. I'm not singling out Maddow or MSNBC, hence the reference to mainstream media as a whole, but one segment? This is maybe one of the worst to date, but it's just the latest in a long line of loonball scaremongering nonsense.

She didn't just invent it, here's the whole segment.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

She didn't just invent it, here's the whole segment.

She didn't invent the report, but she did invent the imagery of American families freezing to death on the instruction of an evil foreign dictator. It's like Brexit project fear on steroids.

6 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Nobody is going to push the button, nobody ever pushes the button. They'll be squabbling followed by a bunch of scare propaganda, then nothing will happen.

A couple of times more by sheer luck than anything else. 

Nobody is going to push the button, nobody ever pushes the button. They'll be squabbling followed by a bunch of scare propaganda, then nothing will happen.

Don’t underestimate the stupidity of evangelical Christians in charge of the US political system at this present moment. These deluded fuckwits are actively playing out End Time (Armageddon) biblical prophecies. If these nutters think that pressing the button would bring about the second coming of Christ then we’re all fucked.

2 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Don’t underestimate the stupidity of evangelical Christians in charge of the US political system at this present moment. These deluded fuckwits are actively playing out End Time (Armageddon) biblical prophecies. If these nutters think that pressing the button would bring about the second coming of Christ then we’re all fucked.

The evangelicals may have undue influence at the moment but they are not part of the military machine.  

If Trump gave an order that was stupid it wouldn’t be obeyed and he’d end up mysteriously ill/dead.

It's not trumps call. He doesn't simply say "nuke Russia" and it happens. There are a multitude of processes that need to be undertaken before such an attack can occur. The exact same applies to Russia and all world nuclear powers.

The only exception would possibly be North Korea, but they're not about to drop nukes on the US or Russia, considering they rely heavily on hidden supply deals to keep their people alive.

The reason nuclear weapons haven't been used in war since 1945 is because US Presidents have refused to let their Generals use them. I'm sure there are some modern day LeMays and MacArthurs who would lobby for nuclear war with little provocation, it is then down to the President to bring some sanity.

The Cuban missile crisis completely changed JFK's outlook on the Cold War because he realised he was surrounded by lunatics.