The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Trump is obviously going to argue that the payments to the two birds were made for personal as well as political reasons.
The Manafort revelation is another post election perjury accusation which doesn't effect Trump.
He's already argued he knew nothing about the payments to 'the birds' though personal or not.

I'm sure the inflated US contribution to NATO is genuinely out of concern for the security of Europe, and nothing to do with satisfying the demands of the military-industrial lobbyists pouring ever-increasing amounts of  cash into politics.

At least Blumenthal did his military service during Vietnam and I assume he could have been shipped out. Captain Bonespurs however is apparently still avoiding the draft.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2018/10/17/top-senate-democrat-urges-trump-to-visit-troops-fighting-overseas/

Have to say though that I would have been one of the first to f**k off to Canada or Sweden to avoid it, if I didn't have a rich and influential daddy to get me deferments like these two did. 

Edited by welshbairn

13 hours ago, NotThePars said:

That's a savage takedown fair play. Dementia sufferers are always the most brutal since they've no concept of civility anymore.

It was the resort to pure logic and reasoning which appealed to me.  It's been a long time since such eloquent discourse has been seen on a public stage.

Seriously, though, it staggers me that Republicans can sit back and say this is all perfectly fine.  That dog-in-a-burning-house meme has never been so applicable.  Apart from when that poster burned his house down to get the insurance money.