The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

During the Kavanaugh debacle someone posted that Trump was trying to assume the right of Presidential pardon for state crimes and that Kavanaugh supported this.
Don’t know the veracity of this but it was suggested that was why Trump was so gung ho on Kavanaugh rather than some other lackey.

It's true-ish. What they were looking to do was have a Federal pardon also apply where the same charges were being brought by a State and pardon both. If the charge is only being brought at State level then that's up to the state governor. It's why it's notable that the Manafort and Gates inditements specifically mentioned properties they bought in VA and NY with what Mueller suspects is dodgy cash. I'd imagine at least the NY part of that will be in the hands of the State with no Federal indictment as the chances of Andrew Cuomo issuing pardons to anyone in Trump's orbit are zero.

31 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

forbes.jpg.4bd7568157c8de999adae1c5f74b984c.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

putin3.jpg.e6bcffb38055953b90886ca36ed568ea.jpg

Thank non existing God for the deep state checks and balances. The top two are like Cartman on tricycle police patrol.

Edited by welshbairn

43 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He knows that his base will believe black is white even while their factories are closing down because of the huge costs he's raised on their supply chains.

43 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

Ronald Reagan was re-elected while almost certainly suffering from dementia.

What's your point?

That no matter how stupid some people are, there are billions even more stupid.

16 minutes ago, RiG said:

Looking forward to the chapters on how to go bankrupt multiple times and how you can secure the best junk bonds to finance projects you clearly can't afford.

It pisses me off when I still see/hear people referring to him as a successful businessman.

We live in hope. Didn't help that Trump was surrounded by fantasists who claimed to have more connections than they really had. He still hired them, for a purpose.

Tbf he’s been known during the administration to just offer people jobs when they’ve offered him advice. Didn’t he try to appoint Lindsey Graham to something after he made a limp critique of some program? I’ll find the LRB article I read.