The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

9 hours ago, banana said:

Emperor Trump lowering the boom  :wub:

image.png.cf9b8d30e9b26d23e6a9e8b9531f4a0e.png

Trump doesn't know the difference between an illegal immigrant and an asylum seeker.

Trump ignoring the UNCHR about treatment of asylum seekers.

Trump costing his nation more money by detaining asylum seekers but making a good rhetorical soundbite.

I'm genuinely amazed there are people who don't think this guy isn't an absolute shitgibbon. (Trump that is. Not banana. Everyone thinks he's a shitgibbon)

8 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'm genuinely amazed there are people who don't think this guy isn't an absolute shitgibbon. 

The American policies of providing college degrees for being able to spell your name with less than two mistakes and making mental illness treatment prohibitively expensive have certainly paid off for the lad Trump.

Edited by JamieThomas

38 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

The American policies of providing college degrees for being able to spell your name with less than two mistakes and making mental illness treatment prohibitively expensive have certainly paid off for the lad Trump.

Not forgetting giving people who need someone else to sign Government forms for them because of mental incapacity, or being on the no fly list, the right to buy assault rifles.

Edited by welshbairn

Liberals, of course, have an easy explanation for why so many white workers have rejected the Democrats: activated by Trump’s racism, they have chosen ethnic identity over class interest. This is surely part of the story. Yet as Geismer and Lassiter point out, the standard liberal argument intentionally obscures the flip side of Republican race-baiting: “the deliberate, long-term strategy by the Democratic Party to favor the financial interests and social values of affluent white suburban families and high-tech corporations over the priorities of unions and the economic needs of middle-income and poor residents of all races.”

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/11/midterm-elections-reconstruction-du-bois

A good article about Democratic strategy and the midterm results.

I've said it before, but what really blows my mind about Trump isn't the racism, the narcissism, the thin skin - it's how UNBELIEVABLY stupid he is.

You forget sometimes, then you see him talking about raking the forest, getting the name of the town wrong (Pleasure instead of Paradise) and insisting "we're going to have great climate".

I have a strong opinion. I want a great climate.

We're going to have that, and we are going to have forests that are very safe because we can't go through this. Every year we go through this. We're going to have safe forests.

What does that even mean? He's a terrifying mix of deeply, deeply stupid and supremely confident.