The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

How many US State level Secretaries of State do you know? I've known about widespread gerrymandering nationwide for decades, not the names of every official involved.

None the same as you.

You are posting about this daft Yank like we should know and care who he is.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

None the same as you.

You are posting about this daft Yank like we should know and care who he is.

This is the American politics thread. Vote rigging is relevant. The votes in Georgia are still being counted and who wins the Governor job could decide the the next election.

Edited by welshbairn

Sanders still hasn't pulled the doctored video on her Twitter - the one from Infowars.

If it was in this country it would be an open and shut libel/slander - what's the law like on this in the US?

Similar; Acosta has a fairly bulletproof case for slander, should he wish to take one up.

8 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Daft Laddie question: is it so hard to sort out an address/id for the folk targeted by these kind of efforts?

I wouldn't have thought so but it wouldn't help those who've been removed from the ballot by other nefarious means. For example, my signature changes every time I write it. In some states I'd be fucked, even with full id. With an anglo/saxon/celtic name I'd probably get away with it though.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Mind when Jeff Sessions got his jotters? Crazy times. Seems like it was only yesterday.

Still, some boy at CNN isn't getting free donuts now eh.

jose.png

And a Senior White House spokesperson has posted a deliberately doctored video clip.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

And a Senior White House spokesperson has posted a deliberately doctored video clip.

The White House lied? Gosh. A brand new development, and one that's worthy of hour upon hour of airtime. Perhaps Trump will make his 875th blantantly racist statement later and the press can wring their hands about that instead of talking about the shit that's actually important. 

Working them like marionettes.

9 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

and *still* no update on the caravan! That must be 2 days of not speaking about what was being billed as the greatest threat to the US ever.

They've dropped the name of the military political stunt from Operation Faithful Patriot to Border Support. :lol:

Edited by welshbairn

24 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

The White House lied? Gosh. A brand new development, and one that's worthy of hour upon hour of airtime. Perhaps Trump will make his 875th blantantly racist statement later and the press can wring their hands about that instead of talking about the shit that's actually important. 

Working them like marionettes.

Whereas the headlines being about Sessions sacking will have a significant impact upon US opinion, Trump’s future actions and his accountability?

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Whereas the headlines being about Sessions sacking will have a significant impact upon US opinion, Trump’s future actions and his accountability?

Fair point; however the White House are deliberately pointing attention away from it for a reason.

There will be an attempt to stop/seriously curtail Mueller, Nothing is more certain.

The backlash, together with anything that is reported (officially or leaked) will play well into 2020.

Trump will not try to be bipartisan in the next two years and will be voted out of office unless the Democrats pick a terrible candidate.

He also believes Trump’s finances should be out of bounds for Mueller.

You can see where this is heading.

Hell to pay my arse.

15 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He also believes Trump’s finances should be out of bounds for Mueller.

You can see where this is heading.

Hell to pay my arse.

I wonder if it's possible for a seperate House investigation to be launched with Mueller named as its head.