The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

9 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Kyle Kulinski was on Joe Rogan saying Tulsi Gabbard was a shout for 2020. Anyone know if that's likely or not?

Quite like her, likeable, in the shrinking non-lunatic wing of women Democrats, and good eye candy for a popularity contest. She'd need to get her skates on to ready a campaign though.

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Just had a skim of her wikipedia. Seems to tick a lot of boxes, but is she realistic? She still seems quite young even though she has been in politics for a while.

She's not in the Democrats inner circle and unlikely to be brought in unless she sprung into the limelight / gathered serious momentum for whatever reason. We saw how the Democrats sabotaged a Sanders who might've had a better shot at the Big Chair than Shillary.

3 minutes ago, Bandstand said:

Have you ever had problems voting?

I didnt even get asked for ID

Though I'm sure if I lived inRepublican dominated state I would have

Did you get asked where you live and get checked off against a list, same as here?

8 minutes ago, Bandstand said:

Have you ever had problems voting?

I didnt even get asked for ID

Though I'm sure if I lived inRepublican dominated state I would have

Only been in the US a year so I'm still filthy immigrant scum at the minute - just went along with my wife out of interest in how they do "Election Day" here. Like you though, this state couldn't be any bluer if it held it's breath for 4 years, so it all seemed remarkably undramatic tbh.

Edited by JamieThomas

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Did you get asked where you live and get checked off against a list, same as here?

Yeah,drama free

When I handed in my ballot it went through a machine and I had to give my name again but no big deal

Edited by Bandstand

6 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Only been in the US a year so I'm still filthy immigrant scum at the minute - just went along with my wife out of interest in how they do "Election Day" here. Like you though, this state couldn't be any bluer if it held it's breath for 4 years, so it all seemed remarkably undramatic tbh.

I only got citizenship last year so this was my first timing voting

I keep hearing horror stories about people queuing for hours but it was easy here by comparison

1 minute ago, Bandstand said:

I only got citizenship last year so this was my first timing voting

I keep hearing horror stories about people queuing for hours but it was easy here by comparison

Sounds like voting is more difficult in areas with a high number of Democrats but controlled by Republicans, and probably vice versa.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sounds like voting is more difficult in areas with a high number of Democrats but controlled by Republicans, and probably vice versa.

Georgia and Arizona seem to be the two main states the problems are stemming from today. 

What another incredibly bad 15 pieces of luck they seem to be having.

7LQPxQG.png

Edited by JamieThomas

Put a wee speculative interest bet on the Republicans to keep the house. Not based on any real knowledge, other than being sceptical of the punditry about turnout. I remember the same kind of chat about Florida in 2016. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see the gammons out in record numbers and all the woke young folk to not bother their arse.

5 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Georgia and Arizona seem to be the two main states the problems are stemming from today. 

What another incredibly bad 15 pieces of luck they seem to be having.

7LQPxQG.png

And In North Dakota they passed a law requiring everyone to have an address to vote

Which disenfranchises the Natives living on reservations who only have p.o boxes

Funny they would introduce that law in a year a Native is running for a statewide office