The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
6 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:
Kamala Harris I think. It was a while ago I backed it.
Think Elizabeth Warren was ahead of Biden too, and probably Bernie.

Interesting. If I had money on it, I'd have it on Joe. Seems popular with independents, liked by most of the Democratic Party, he'd have Obama (and Michelle, almost more importantly) campaigning for him, and you'd think he'd wipe the floor with Trump in a debate. Harris would be interesting though.

Too old imo, but there doesn't seem to be any other outstanding prospect. Paddy Power odds below, the outsider odds seem really mean.

wed1.thumb.JPG.6e1389a97323abcb34f4d276475eb248.JPG

wed2.thumb.JPG.4077a420ef10d1e2118362aad9222aa1.JPG

3 hours ago, killiefan27 said:

Beto was 33/1 when I backed him. Only stuck a fiver on it, but worth a punt I feel.

It's a good bet. If I was gambling on 2020 then that's where I'd have my money. He's increased his profile even if he loses Texas, and would be in good shape for a shot at it.

Sanders and Biden might well either consider themselves too old, or the electorate will.

Of the rest (at least from what I've seen of them), O'Rourke might well stand the best change of beating Trump. If I had a vote then that's what I'd base my preference on anyway.

3 hours ago, killiefan27 said:

Beto was 33/1 when I backed him. Only stuck a fiver on it, but worth a punt I feel.

Texas might explode if Beta is given the nod.

Edited by banana

Bit unfair as name recognition is a biggy and probably won't change much till the primaries. Kamala Harris would be my pick at the moment but the odds are rubbish. They're talking about maybe 30 primary contenders. Cory Booker is an arsehole.

image.thumb.png.4078fb1a00d2d512fb8a430e88f3d641.png

They're all preferable to Trump, but outside of Sanders it's very much meh.

I mean Booker, Cuomo and Avenatti FFS.

It'll end up being Biden after Clinton and Bloomberg threaten to run, turning the whole thing into a shitshow.

What a horrendous list, a Trump with another successful two years would eat most of them for breakfast.

Harris might be decent if they steer mostly clear of the Muh Wimminz! gambit a la Fillyry. Then again they might ramp it up with her Muhnorities status.

Democrats might be better manufacturing an Alpha dude to try to out-Trump Trump.