The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

He mentioned that moment on Saturday and at the same time told this story. He had been out and about in Enfield knocking on doors explaining to the local electorate why they should vote conservative.
Walking up a garden path he was puzzled as it felt sticky underfoot. When he got to the doorstep he realised he had just walked up a newly cemented pathway and had left some pretty damning footprints. The door opened and a man appeared taking in the whole scene. "Who the f**k are you,"  he said, and what the f**k have you done to my path?
"I'm terribly sorry, says Michael. "I'm Stephen Twigg and I'm here canvassing on behalf of the labour party.....
A story told by a thousand other candidates since the 1950s I reckon.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I was in Georgia in a small town for the 2004 election. Nobody gave a f**k about the big ticket stuff, it was all about local issues and whether old people would have to pay roof tax when their partner died, and the like. Stirring up the debate in my local bar got a tad dangerous, a gun was pointed when I claimed that even Dick Cheney admitted that Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11. Locals whisked me out of the back door.

I imagine you'd get a gun pointed at you in Georgia if you said you disagree with french kissing house pets tho. :lol:

Edited by JamieThomas

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

It would be wonderful if the polls were wrong and the Democrats got the House and the Senate.

Can’t see it happening but it would f**k Trump completely.

The polls suggested Trump had a 20% chance of winning in 2016. They now suggest the Democrats have a 20% chance of taking the Senate. I've won loads of 5/1 bets before.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The polls suggested Trump had a 20% chance of winning in 2016. They now suggest the Democrats have a 20% chance of taking the Senate. I've won loads of 5/1 bets before.

Yip.  A guy walks up to bat with a .200 batting average.  Are you surprised if he gets a base hit?  

So many people willfully misunderstand polling percentages.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I was in Georgia in a small town for the 2004 election. Nobody gave a f**k about the big ticket stuff, it was all about local issues and whether old people would have to pay roof tax when their partner died, and the like. Stirring up the debate in my local bar got a tad dangerous, a gun was pointed when I claimed that even Dick Cheney admitted that Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11. Locals whisked me out of the back door.

Aye, you really do wonder just how a nation who put a man on the moon in 1969 comes to be run by the cast of Deliverance in 2018.

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yip.  A guy walks up to bat with a .200 batting average.  Are you surprised if he gets a base hit?  

So many people willfully misunderstand polling percentages.

Got 11/1 with Paddy Power. :)

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

I'll enjoy it if the Republicans win simply for the seethe on the BBC.

Apart from that, I don't really care that much.

I think most folk reading this post would mark you down as ‘thick as shit’. 

Mind you I doubt if you care very much.

Edited by Granny Danger

On the one hand I want the Dems to retake the House and Senate, on the other that probably means Ted Cruz losing in Texas.

While that would be glorious, I put a bet on at some very long odds a few months ago for Beto O'Rourke to be the next Democratic Presidential nominee.

I based this on him narrowly losing to Cruz, but using the increased exposure - and progressive bona fides in not taking pac money - to make a run for the White House...

On the one hand I want the Dems to retake the House and Senate, on the other that probably means Ted Cruz losing in Texas.
While that would be glorious, I put a bet on at some very long odds a few months ago for Beto O'Rourke to be the next Democratic Presidential nominee.
I based this on him narrowly losing to Cruz, but using the increased exposure - and progressive bona fides in not taking pac money - to make a run for the White House...
Who was favourite? Joe Biden?

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
15 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

Who was favourite? Joe Biden?

Kamala Harris I think. It was a while ago I backed it.

Think Elizabeth Warren was ahead of Biden too, and probably Bernie.

Kamala Harris I think. It was a while ago I backed it.
Think Elizabeth Warren was ahead of Biden too, and probably Bernie.
Interesting. If I had money on it, I'd have it on Joe. Seems popular with independents, liked by most of the Democratic Party, he'd have Obama (and Michelle, almost more importantly) campaigning for him, and you'd think he'd wipe the floor with Trump in a debate. Harris would be interesting though.