The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1052186219696803841

At a 2015 campaign stop, Trump bragged to the crowd about his business dealings with the Saudis. “Saudi Arabia, I get along with all of them,” Trump said. “They buy apartments from me. They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.”

In 2001, the Saudi government bought the 45th floor of the Trump World Plaza building in New York City as part of its mission to the United Nations. And shortly before entering the White House, Trump was aggressively pursuing deals with Saudi investors and attempting to build hotels in the Saudi Arabia. In August 2015, in the middle of his presidential run, Trump registered new corporations to manage a prospective hotel in Jeddah, the gateway city to the Muslim holy sites of Mecca and Medina. That project never came to fruition, but the Washington Post reported that at least two of Trump’s US hotel properties—both called the Trump International Hotel & Tower, in New York and Chicago—have benefited hugely from Saudi business.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/10/donald-trump-has-a-serious-saudi-arabian-conflict-of-interest/

"I don't want to get into his mind — but it sounded to me like maybe these could have been rogue killers," he said. "Who knows?

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Tbf Trump essentially saying “we make a lot of deals with the Saudis so why would we punish them” is just saying the quiet part of existing US policy loud.

He should go full troll and say they killed a bus load of Yemeni children so why are people getting worked up about a journalist?

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Tbf Trump essentially saying “we make a lot of deals with the Saudis so why would we punish them” is just saying the quiet part of existing US policy loud.

I wonder if he'll ever admit that it's ok for the US to slaughter it's own people in the name of international policy.

I see he's comparing the treatment of the Saudi leadership to that of Kavanaugh. "Guilty until proven innocent". Can't help but wonder whether he'd have taken the same approach with Rouhani if this had happened in the Iranian consulate.

Saudi Arabia buys lots of shit though so human rights abuse on a massive scale is fine. 

Trump really is an odious hyper-c**t. 

Old news now but I was watching some of Kavanaugh’s testimony again last night.  The guy is totally unstable, almost certainly a liner, completely evasive and totally unsuited to sit on the Sumpreme Court.

I can see why Trump associates so strongly with the guy.

Trump at least is up front about it all. We all suspected that the UK and USA Govs would lie, cheat, ignore, manipulate the truth etc in order to protect their business interests, however Trump has finally admitted this openly.

The bottom line is that Saudi Arabia & Israel can do no wrong and they're our pals but Iran, Russia, Syria and any communist regime throughout the world are the arch enemies and of course if any of them are in the way of natural resources then, well, you know how it goes................................

22 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Trump at least is up front about it all. We all suspected that the UK and USA Govs would lie, cheat, ignore, manipulate the truth etc in order to protect their business interests, however Trump has finally admitted this openly.

The bottom line is that Saudi Arabia & Israel can do no wrong and they're our pals but Iran, Russia, Syria and any communist regime throughout the world are the arch enemies and of course if any of them are in the way of natural resources then, well, you know how it goes................................

Yeah, what Trump lies is about his personal business interests.  That is also his main driver.

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah, what Trump lies is about his personal business interests.  That is also his main driver.

Oh Yes, none of them actually care about their "country", it's all just a means to an end to further their own egos and personal wealth.

I've often said, just look back through history and your fundamental drivers have always been money, power and sex.

The names and faces may change but the rules remain the same.............