The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, tirso said:

I don't even think charges and a grand jury would put an end to him.  It would just be another time in the limelight.

His manic behaviour has cushioned him in his core vote against any bad press.  The press have handled him badly; they over played things they thought would end him (his core vote were bored off by the russia thing and now don't trust anything they have to say) and now there's no room left for horror of the really odious stuff.  

Can only see this ending when he steps on enough toes, causes enough damage that 'The Company' decides to have words* with him.

*semi-jacketed, hollow point words.

Due to how the media control things on both sides of the pond, I think many people including politicians have underestimated the real "feeling" on the streets with regards to racism, sexism, bigotry etc. It's not disappeared overnight as many would have you believe and the success of both Trump and Brexit should confirm this.

I also firmly believe that the constant pushing of the political correct agenda, has in fact, only served to push people towards the extremist elements as already mentioned.

As such, the "outrage" at Trumps use of language etc doesn't actually exist in the lives of real people who have far more important things to be worrying about........

2 hours ago, tirso said:

His behaviour has cushioned him in his core vote against any bad press. The press have handled him badly; they over played things they thought would end him.

These are the other way around if anything - his core vote, his latent Republican vote, and his nose-holder vote recognised the growing hysterical media bias/narratives years before he was elected. That the framing wasn't and isn't representing their views nor realities.

That the media have handled him badly is just more of the same, pumped up a few levels. This doubling down is what has cemented Trump against any bad press with any legitimacy.

The unhinged 'Progressive' media (and high priests) continues to run its deranged narratives oblivious. They helped elect him for 2016 and they're on the same path to helping reelect him for 2020.

PBSEA9X.jpg

Edited by banana

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The Democrats have to take some of the blame for their complacency and arrogance; most of which still seems to exist.  But that does not explain or excuse the clusterfuck that has been thrust on the world by the election of this incompetent, petulant, ignorant manchild.

The Democrats likely agree with 80% of his policies, it's just they think they should have been better sugarcoated.

3 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

The Democrats likely agree with 80% of his policies, it's just they think they should have been better sugarcoated.

I think that’s pish.

Meanwhile, from the BBC website, showing the effect of Trump’s toxicity:

A poll released on Tuesday by Quinnipiac University suggested that 51% of Republican voters now believed the media to be "the enemy of the people rather than an important part of democracy" and 52% of the Republican supporters polled were not concerned that Mr Trump's criticism would lead to violence against journalists.

Among all voters, 65% believe the news media to be an important part of democracy, the poll suggests.

An Ipsos poll, also this month, gave similar figures. In addition it found that 23% of Republicans, and about one in eight Americans overall, believed Mr Trump should close down mainstream news outlets like CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times.

All scarey, but that last part showing a worrying percentage with no respect for democracy.

It’s funny that it’s political correctness that’s turned voters away from the centre and not widespread economic misery. I’m sure meth towns are just a rolling back of LGBT legislation away from returning to the establishment.

44 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think that’s pish.

You can think it's pish all you like chief, I live here.

It's Tories v UKIP year in year out, and if you fancy a bit of proof look at the terrified, violent diarrhea being spilled about these far left SocDem lads "infiltrating" the Democrat party. The SocDems have exactly the same kind of wild and crazy anti-American communist policies that the SNP do. Not a single sheet of A4 could be fitted between them in fact.

ChMampY.png

25 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

It's Tories v UKIP year in year out, and if you fancy a bit of proof look at the terrified, violent diarrhea being spilled about these far left SocDem lads "infiltrating" the Democrat party. The SocDems have exactly the same kind of wild and crazy anti-American communist policies that the SNP do. Not a single sheet of A4 could be fitted between them in fact.

ChMampY.png

That’s like saying every person who lives in Scotland can claim to speak for that country; even if they contradict other people who live in Scotland.

Every opinion poll showing Democrats largely denouncing Trumpism.

Edited by Granny Danger

31 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

ChMampY.png

You can also think what you like champ, we live here and you clearly know f**k all about the SNP.  Or communism for that matter.

I'd be very surprised if polls showed anything other than Democrats heavily disliking Trump and his policies.
Maybe Dems from places like Alabama like them.

Also, the media trying to pass themselves off as a bastion of truth and righteousness in the face of Trump's attack is a  bit of a joke .
I trust the likes of CNN to be more balanced than Fox News but they still give a point of view rather than the unbiased truth.

If you want the truth you need to turn off the TV and go look yourself.

The Brennan thing is hilarious. He seems to be trying to reinvent himself as a champion of truth and honesty, while the liberal media clamour to defend him. There literally can't be many people in the world less honest or trustworthy than the director of the CIA.

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

You can also think what you like champ, we live here and you clearly know f**k all about the SNP.  Or communism for that matter.

Pep m8. Read this slowly before having your 400th tantrum of the day - I was pointing out that they're NOT communist at all, and that the American propensity for calling every single thing that isn't giving billionaires more money "communist" is a tad fucking silly. Glad we had this chat.

So long as Trump delivers on judges to rescind abortion rights and attack gun control his supporters will back him to the hilt. 

If Republican legislators lose large numbers of seats in November the party will turn against him, as will donors. 

His survival as the Republican candidate in 2020 is down to delivering judges.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

the effect of Trump’s toxicity:

A poll released on Tuesday by Quinnipiac University suggested that 51% of Republican voters now believed the media to be "the enemy of the people rather than an important part of democracy" and 52% of the Republican supporters polled were not concerned that Mr Trump's criticism would lead to violence against journalists.

Among all voters, 65% believe the news media to be an important part of democracy, the poll suggests.

An Ipsos poll, also this month, gave similar figures. In addition it found that 23% of Republicans, and about one in eight Americans overall, believed Mr Trump should close down mainstream news outlets like CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times.

How would the same polling look among Tories, Corbyn, UKIP and SNP supporters. Attacking the media has been the go to for a good few years. The violence would be lower but "enemy of the people" probably as high among those groups. 

33 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Pep m8. Read this slowly before having your 400th tantrum of the day - I was pointing out that they're NOT communist at all, and that the American propensity for calling every single thing that isn't giving billionaires more money "communist" is a tad fucking silly. Glad we had this chat.

Good lad

2 hours ago, dorlomin said:

So long as Trump delivers on judges to rescind abortion rights and attack gun control his supporters will back him to the hilt. 

If Republican legislators lose large numbers of seats in November the party will turn against him, as will donors. 

His survival as the Republican candidate in 2020 is down to delivering judges.

I doubt if many of his supporters care much about abortion rights, just the evangelicals holding their noses while they vote. The rural voters who love their guns might stop supporting him when nobody is buying their soya beans anymore because of his daft trade wars.