The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

I can't believe that was for real it is completely unbelievable behaviour for a world leader to think they should act like that to another country even if they are hostile or not.

There are proper ways of conducting yourself which Trump seems incapable of understanding.

The use of capitals reminds me of a toddler having a tantrum and screaming and yelling everywhere after not getting their own way time and time again.

Those who voted for him have got to be getting embarrassed at what they have done at some point.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1021234525626609666?s=19

I can't believe that was for real it is completely unbelievable behaviour for a world leader to think they should act like that to another country even if they are hostile or not.
There are proper ways of conducting yourself which Trump seems incapable of understanding.
The use of capitals reminds me of a toddler having a tantrum and screaming and yelling everywhere after not getting their own way time and time again.
Those who voted for him have got to be getting embarrassed at what they have done at some point.

That's the thing, if anything they're delighted. I don't know if you watch The Circus on Sky Atlantic (the excellent Showtime Show that followed the Primaries and Election, then the first few months of the administration) but they were at a Trump rally recently and they were loving his work.

2 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Hs latest approval ratings are up since his meeting with Putin, despite the outrage that caused. Still low ratings compared to other presidents but the highest for Trump so far. and with only Dubya post-9/11 higher among Republicans.

If this is the best the opposition can think of then we should prepare for The Donald until 2024.

11 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

See, here's the point.  If they haven't repented their vote by this point, they never well.  They're too entrenched and invested to admit they've been had by an idiot and a snake oil salesman.

If people can't see that he's entirely unfit to be in his job, that he's done not one thing to improve the lives of the people who voted for him, and that he's every bit the Swamp Monster that the people of Wisconsin voted to "punish", then you can only assume that they aren't voting out of reason but out of spite.

But, as has been pointed out, if the polls remain as is going into November, the Republicans will take such a kicking that he'll be powerless.   He's trailing by 20 points with independents.  30% of the electorate of the USA is unwilling to open their eyes.  If they were open to reason, they wouldn't be voting for Trump.

Edited by Savage Henry

1 minute ago, Zetterlund said:

Hs latest approval ratings are up since his meeting with Putin, despite the outrage that caused. Still low ratings compared to other presidents but the highest for Trump so far. and with only Dubya post-9/11 higher among Republicans.

If this is the best the opposition can think of then we should prepare for The Donald until 2024.

The effects of Trump's trade war should start kicking in properly around the mid terms. When people start seeing higher prices and job losses a few might lose the love for Daddy.

3 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Trump won by a very fine margin and lost the popular vote to a Democrat contender who was unpopular with large swathes of the electorate.

I reckon enough folk have/will change their minds causing Trump to become a one term President.  The only thing that might screw that up is a really bad Democratic nominee.

18 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

That's the thing, if anything they're delighted. I don't know if you watch The Circus on Sky Atlantic (the excellent Showtime Show that followed the Primaries and Election, then the first few months of the administration) but they were at a Trump rally recently and they were loving his work.

I have to admit that I have not seen this but I might look out for it in the future if it is still on.

18 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

See, here's the point.  If they haven't repented their vote by this point, they never well.  They're too entrenched and invested to admit they've been had by an idiot and a snake oil salesman.

I guess some people will be set in their way and refuse to change regardless of the outcome it will have be it politics or just life in general.

I recall catching a bit of a late night programme some time ago following someone doing a tour of the US, I think it was a female author or actress but I can not remember and it was after Trump came to power.

Part of the bit I saw was with the woman staying with athe a ranch in either Arizona or Texas, during a conversation with the older cowboy whose ranch she was staying at the subject of Trump came up.

The cowboy was totally pro Trump and regardless of opposing viewpoints refused to lose any support for him.

I guess that sort of support will stay with Trump to the bitter end.

2 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

I guess some people will be set in their way and refuse to change regardless of the outcome it will have be it politics or just life in general.

I recall catching a bit of a late night programme some time ago following someone doing a tour of the US, I think it was a female author or actress but I can not remember and it was after Trump came to power.

Part of the bit I saw was with the woman staying with athe a ranch in either Arizona or Texas, during a conversation with the older cowboy whose ranch she was staying at the subject of Trump came up.

The cowboy was totally pro Trump and regardless of opposing viewpoints refused to lose any support for him.

I guess that sort of support will stay with Trump to the bitter end.

Yes they will.

What is worse is the GOP lawmakers who do exactly the same thing.  History will judge them.

Trump railing against the Washington Post, Amazon and the USPS again. Trump continues to repeat lies that Amazon costs the USPS money, they don't pay taxes etc. 

Yet Amazon do now pay taxes, well over $900 million in income tax in fact, but no federal taxes. Why? Because of Trumps new tax bill :lol: 

Trump railing against the Washington Post, Amazon and the USPS again. Trump continues to repeat lies that Amazon costs the USPS money, they don't pay taxes etc. 

Yet Amazon do now pay taxes, well over $900 million in income tax in fact, but no federal taxes. Why? Because of Trumps new tax bill [emoji38] 
Jeff Bezos owns Amazon and the W Post though.
He's got more money in his back pocket than The Bankrupt ever made in his life and Donny is seething.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

How can so many stupid people exist?  

Because American governments are very, very good at realising that it's absolutely in their interests to keep the general population thicker than shit in the neck of a bottle.

50 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

I think I will stay clear of those who try to use religion and God to justify Trump being in power.

Clearly some are beyond reason, will they still feel that way when he starts a way with someone, Iran, North Korea etc.