The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Brainwashed outrage-regurgitating rhetorician suddenly demands dialectic! [emoji33]
I've finally cracked you, well done! Progress!

Word salad buffet.

Google break antitrust laws, Google is punished for breaking antitrust laws, Donald Trump moans about Google being punished:
IMG_4777.jpg
It’s almost as if he has absolutely no idea what he’s talking about.

Trump usually doesn’t bother me that much. Unemployment is record low, the economy is strong so he’s been more like a white noise machine droning away in the background but the stuff about Michael McFaul is horrific.
Get him in the Baltic sea right now.

Last few days time line: 

• Insist Russia didn't meddle in election
  • Insist Russia did meddle in election
  • Accuse Putin of being personally responsible for Russian interference
  • Invite Putin to visit the US.

Brilliant. He's either going to hail him as a hero or have him arrested on arrival.

IMG_1228.thumb.jpg.64fd8a4d40ee6716c499ad08799395e1.jpg

1 year ago today

Louise Mensch has been about 50% on the money. She throws a sorts of insane stuff out there, and, heaven knows how, some of it sticks.

Emma Kennedy is clearly someone who should know better.

Trump’s approval ratings have not shifted, the US electorate are entrenched.
This is probably good news for the midterms.

It also shows that there’s no point in debating with the rust belt rubes. They’re actually the ones suffering most from Trump’s nonsense,and are quite happy to support him. Their sole motivation for voting is mean-spiritedness and vindictiveness.

But yes, it’s good because if this continues into the midterms the Republicans will be obliterated.

15 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

Re Mensch's tweets there, imagine in 2018, in what is supposed to be the greatest beacon of democracy and freedom on the planet, having to qualify you're 'pro-life'.
f**k me man.

Tbf the USA government uses capital punishment and no one seems that bothered so Mensch's stance is the minority one in the USA (without even considering drones).

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

It also shows that there’s no point in debating with the rust belt rubes. They’re actually the ones suffering most from Trump’s nonsense,and are quite happy to support him. Their sole motivation for voting is mean-spiritedness and vindictiveness.

But yes, it’s good because if this continues into the midterms the Republicans will be obliterated.

There seems to be a partisanship that has developed in politics that is based on prejudice and ignorance rather than rational thought.  I think that is what is fueling Brexit in this country.

Part of the problem is that there appears to be no room for considered debate.  

For me the anti-immigration sentiment driving Brexit is OTT and simply wrong but if we simply write folk off as racist and xenophobic rather than trying to recognise why they feel that way then we will not make progress.

In a similar vein, if the Democrats fail to understand why a large portion of the US electorate bought into the anti-elite argument that got Trump elected they will find it more difficult to oppose him and the other Republicans.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

"Hick bumpkins are stupid and evil, and they don't know what's good for them", declares tolerant, enlightened 'Progressive' in Clintonesque election gambit.

Truly amazing :lol:

30 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Part of the problem is that there appears to be no room for considered debate.  

For me the anti-immigration sentiment driving Brexit is OTT and simply wrong but if we simply write folk off as racist and xenophobic rather than trying to recognise why they feel that way then we will not make progress.

About five / thirty-five years late with the analysis, but is that two in two days I've finally cracked? :o Progress!

Edited by banana

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Far be it from me to agree with banana about his poster boy, but absolutely f**k all will happen. It never does.

It's all just endless round after round of folk getting excited on Twitter because they're fucking unable to grasp how deep the corruption within the GOP actually is.

4 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Far be it from me to agree with banana about his poster boy, but absolutely f**k all will happen. It never does.

It's all just endless round after round of folk getting excited on Twitter because they're fucking unable to grasp how deep the corruption within the GOP actually is.

I'm waiting for the Helsinki tapes to be fed to Wikileaks before getting chirpy.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

I will enjoy every bit of it I can.