The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

10 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

It's a turn of phrase, he clearly means assassinated, as any president getting assassinated is obviously a darker day than a president saying something dodgy, no matter where in the body they got shot.

Brains blown out doesn't mean assassinated. Brains blown out means having your brains blown out. 

I'm taking bets on how long until the eighty-fifth and next Outrage Flip takes to go from "Trump is colluding with Russia! Treason!" to "Trump is taking the world towards nuclear war with Russia! Madman!"

Absolutely stunning meltdowns and blanket deranged propaganda over a leadership summit :lol:

Edited by banana

Statement on Russia

July 16, 2018|Speaker Ryan Press Office

WASHINGTON—House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) today issued the following statement:

"There is no question that Russia interfered in our election and continues attempts to undermine democracy here and around the world. That is not just the finding of the American intelligence community but also the House Committee on Intelligence. The president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally. There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals. The United States must be focused on holding Russia accountable and putting an end to its vile attacks on democracy."

https://www.speaker.gov/press-release/statement-russia

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

So you think it's not as dark a day as a president saying something stupid if they only get shot multiple times in the chest?  

It doesn't matter anyway really

This is hilarious, I'm just pointing out only two have had their brains blown out and I added tbf because I was just being pedantic. 

I would also agree with GD that the reference was probably to things done by (rather than to) US Presidents but in the interest of perspective certain presidents have extended the use of slavery, resegregated the federal government and sabotaged peace talks in Vietnam in case they would help their opponent. 

Absolutely beautiful non-sequiter sleight of hand by the presenter to set up the lunatic lady's parallels with Watergate, 9/11, and Pearl fucking Harbour :lol:

#trump2020

Edited by banana

21 minutes ago, The OP said:

This is hilarious, I'm just pointing out only two have had their brains blown out and I added tbf because I was just being pedantic. 

I would also agree with GD that the reference was probably to things done by (rather than to) US Presidents but in the interest of perspective certain presidents have extended the use of slavery, resegregated the federal government and sabotaged peace talks in Vietnam in case they would help their opponent. 

This is true.

15 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

The USA has overturned more democracies than any other state in history.  They might want to remember that.

Aye, Trump should meekly accept it from Russia as it's only fair.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, Trump should meekly accept it from Russia as it's only fair.

Didn't say that.  But people like Ryan should learn their own history before spouting off about their values and democracy.  The USA has been the biggest enemy of democracy in human history by far.

33 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

The USA has overturned more democracies than any other state in history.  They might want to remember that.

It' be an interesting footrace, but I think it'd be pretty close between the two, once you consider the whole of Eastern Europe and the various communist dictators in Africa and South East Asia on the back of Russian support vs. the basically total fascist states the US propped up or brought to power.

1 minute ago, renton said:

It' be an interesting footrace, but I think it'd be pretty close between the two, once you consider the whole of Eastern Europe and the various communist dictators in Africa and South East Asia on the back of Russian support vs. the basically total fascist states the US propped up or brought to power.

It would but America wins it.  They've been overthrowing democracies for seventy years.

I have no idea how to embed Tweets, but this is from Trump:

As I said today and many times before, “I have GREAT confidence in MY intelligence people.” However, I also recognize that in order to build a brighter future, we cannot exclusively focus on the past – as the world’s two largest nuclear powers, we must get along! #HELSINKI2018

Ignoring the egotistical capitalisation of 'my'; the US intelligence services are saying very clearly that this is ongoing, so it is not just focusing on the past.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1018943446583668736

In fairness, you could blow the back of Trump's skull out and it probably wouldn't slow him down much. Would just need a bit of extra hair product to cover the wound...

Some people are saying this is the greatest head shot any president’s ever received*

*phrasing definitely intended

29 minutes ago, renton said:

Very few (if any) of the countries that went communist were democracies immiedately before.

I think it’s a good idea for people to introduce accusations of treason and being a traitor to the discourse. That definitely won’t backfire in the way that fake news became Trump’s catchphrase.

If Mueller eventually comes up with the goods, then yesterday will be remembered by a lot of Americans as one of, or the worst things their President has done.

At the moment it's probably not even in the top 20.