The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

27 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

"Conspiracy against the United states"

"Conspiracy to launder money"

"Unregistered agent of a foreign principal"

Aye but Hilary's emails tho.............

Let's watch the Trumpsters pretend Manafort had nothing to do with Trump's campaign.

On 3/31/2017 at 19:25, Zetterlund said:

The WaPo cited unnamed officials with knowledge of the matter as their source. The lawyer's letter doesn't explicitly state he requested immunity.

I think it's more than reasonable for him to call it a politically-driven witch hunt. That's not to say he hasn't behaved inappropriately or illegally, but you could dig up all the dirt you like on just about anyone on any side - they all get a free pass until it serves an agenda to go after them.

Tbh I tend to tune out of the constant 'revelations' in the Trump/Russia allegations. I believe it's a massive red herring and a monumental waste of time and resources. The ongoing investigations are only trying to find evidence to support conclusions they made at the beginning.

Yeah, about that...

The Trump campaign foreign advisor, George Papadopoulos, has been detained since July and has now pleaded guilty to a charge of obstructing justice and lying to prosecutors about his meetings and activities with Russian leadership.   It seems he told the FBI that he was approached by the Russians well before he had been working with the Trump campaign when it transpired that he was only in correspondence after he'd been offered the role.  In effect, he basically tried to cover for his colleagues and made an arse of it but looks to have turned.

Definitely, the bigger part of the news today as it is directly outlined that his charges are about Russia specifically and ends any sort of get out clause about Manafort's crimes potentially being purely financial fraud.

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:

The Trump campaign foreign advisor, George Papadopoulos, has been detained since July and has now pleaded guilty to a charge of obstructing justice and lying to prosecutors about his meetings and activities with Russian leadership.   It seems he told the FBI that he was approached by the Russians well before he had been working with the Trump campaign when it transpired that he was only in correspondence after he'd been offered the role.  In effect, he basically tried to cover for his colleagues and made an arse of it but looks to have turned.

Definitely, the bigger part of the news today as it is directly outlined that his charges are about Russia specifically and ends any sort of get out clause about Manafort's crimes potentially being purely financial fraud.

I think the most likely thing to bring Trump down would be his involvement in Russian money laundering.

13 minutes ago, banana said:

This is it!
Trump's done!
It's over this time!

Day 868 of constant and demented anti-Trump propaganda, yet a load of you have still learned nothing yet. Beyond belief :lol::lol::lol:

A member of his campaign team plead guilty to "collusion" on October 5Th.

I'm sure it's nothing though.

3 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Seemingly the charges raised don't relate to things involved in Trump's campaign, but one would assume that they hope he will roll over and give them the dirt on Trump in exchange for some kinda deal if i am interpreting this correctly. 

Correct for Gates and Manaforte.

Papadopolous's guilty plea and subsequent three weeks of assisting investigations are directly linked to the campaign.

Further charges could still be brought against Gates and Manaforte so I guess they are hoping an attack of patriotic conscience makes that all unnecessary.

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

Correct for Gates and Manaforte.

Papadopolous's guilty plea and subsequent three weeks of assisting investigations are directly linked to the campaign.

Further charges could still be brought against Gates and Manaforte so I guess they are hoping an attack of patriotic conscience makes that all unnecessary.

Cheers bud, absolutely zombied out atm and all of this is going over my head. TBH i think i need my bed