The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

59 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It would be interesting to let us know the crowd's reaction if any of the players do. 

One MLB players has taken a knee. He's on the Oakland As.

Black Americans are very few in the MLB. Usually no more than a couple per team. Most of the black players are from Hispanic countries.

I assume that Mr. Bowie is going to a Rays game in Tampa. They have a black pitcher names Chris Archer. He was in the news recently for declining to kneel because he thought it would cause problems with his teammates. Sports locker rooms are like any other workplace. The largely break down by race socially. In the case of a workplace with a large foreign Spanish population and a large white American population the black Americans are going to hang out with the whites generally. But that can be socially constraining. You've got to alter your behavior a bit. Same as if you were white and you walked into a breakroom that's 50% foreign Spanish and 50% black. You'd go hang out with the blacks, but you'd alter your behavior somewhat to accommodate them. In the NBA most of the white Americans have tended to join in the various black social protests. The same thing is happening as with baseball, but in reverse.

As for why the black Hispanics in baseball don't participate: I'm not sure. Maybe they view themselves and foreign and are uncomfortable taking a position. I know lots of black Americans stereotype black Hispanics as coons who don't consider themselves "black" in the American context and who aren't down with black unity.

1 hour ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Reports ive seen in the press are the rednecks booing the players who do.

Yes. There was large scale booing in almost every stadium. 

I hope you've been to a baseball game before, because if you're going to the Rays that is about the worst fan experience MLB has to offer.

3 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The GOP not bringing forward the Graham-Cassidy bill. The 4th failed attempt to repeal/replace 'Obamacare'. What a terrible wee shame.

It does suck for me. I'm probably going to say f**k it and drop health insurance next year. Long term I'm probably going to have to switch from a job I like doing to one I'm going to hate in order to get insurance.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

How much is the average annual health insurance in the US?

Varies widely based on your job and whether you qualify for government help. I'm in the shitty section that got really fucked over by Obamacare of people who don't get it through their job and who don't qualify for government help. I pay almost $6,000 per year for premiums. That's the cheapest in my state that's allowable under Obamacare. It has no coverage for Emergency care or prescription medicine if I would need that. I can't remember my exact deductible, but it's somewhere around $6,000 that I have to pay out of pocket on top of my monthly premiums before my insurance kicks in for basically anything. My insurance price has more than doubled for worse care since Obamacare. Massive increases are expected next year again. I'm awaiting my yearly letter in a couple months that tells me my insurance has been canceled again.

13 minutes ago, Todders said:

Maybe you shpuld get behind universal healthcare then ya fuckin twonk!

If I thought our government could provide something somewhat decent, like say Sweden or Germany level, I'd be fine with that. Looking at our Veterns Hospitals I know they can't. 

Also, it's not politically feasible. Too many people have good insurance to want to ever go NHS style. We have to reform the system we have. That's the only realistic option.

16 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

It does suck for me. I'm probably going to say f**k it and drop health insurance next year. Long term I'm probably going to have to switch from a job I like doing to one I'm going to hate in order to get insurance.

Sucks for you, although the millions who would have lost out significantly probably evens it up slightly.

How about moving to Canada ? They have a much better system, although you probably don't believe that.

It's Trudeau.

trudeau.png.759f765945402df2b116522058b1b0b2.png

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Sucks for you, although the millions who would have lost out significantly probably evens it up slightly.

How about moving to Canada ? They have a much better system, although you probably don't believe that.

It's Trudeau.

trudeau.png.759f765945402df2b116522058b1b0b2.png

I don't qualify to move to Canada. You have to be highly skilled, rich, or a 3rd world refugee. They wouldn't take me if I wanted.

22 minutes ago, mjw said:

He's giving himself straight As for his disaster management though.

Indeed, Puerto Rico with no power and half the country with no water. American citizens dying.

Trump tweets about Puerto Rico: 3

Trump tweets trolling the NFL and Black athletes: 23

Making America great again.

35 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

In the case of a workplace with a large foreign Spanish population and a large white American population the black Americans are going to hang out with the whites generally. But that can be socially constraining. You've got to alter your behavior a bit. Same as if you were white and you walked into a breakroom that's 50% foreign Spanish and 50% black. You'd go hang out with the blacks, but you'd alter your behavior somewhat to accommodate them. 

In what way do you have to 'alter your behaviour' around POC ?

Are you unable to 'be yourself' in these situations ?

5 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

In what way do you have to 'alter your behaviour' around POC ?

Are you unable to 'be yourself' in these situations ?

A common one for white Americans hanging around a black dominant cultural area is that you don't joke about each other being gay the way white males tend to do with each other. Implying that a black person is gay can be grounds for a fight, and is certainly grounds for social exclusion.

Black people that have to hang around white people might not be as comfortable expressing what could be viewed as unpatriotic feelings, as with this whole national anthem controversy.

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal

Anyways, the only reason Trump keeps tweeting about this is to stir up further divides between black and white in America, which he thinks cheers up his base. I hope to f**k  corrupt Luther Strange loses in Alabama to nutter fundamentalist Judge Roy Moore, just to piss Trump off. Meanwhile Puerto Rico is drowning. Who gives a f**k, no votes.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Anyways, the only reason Trump keeps tweeting about this is to stir up further divides between black and white in America, which he thinks cheers up his base. I hope to f**k  corrupt Luther Strange loses in Alabama to nutter fundamentalist Judge Roy Moore, just to piss Trump off. Meanwhile Puerto Rico is drowning. Who gives a f**k, no votes.

Trump probably wants Mr. Moore to win. He has to back Mr. Strange because Strange voted with him in the Senate.

Trump is planning a trip to Puerto Rico.

7 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

^^^Obviously never been to a junior football ground then swampy?
Yes ive been to several baseball games at all levels College, Single A, Double and triple A and Majors (Yankees, Sox and Rays). Rays are my team and I think the trop is fine, besides that, im not american and have an attention span, I pay for the sport not the 'fan experience' which at $20 is fine for me.

I was at the Trop for the only World Series game the Rays won when they played the Phillies. Sat in obstructed view seats in last row. Couldn't see 3rd base or left field. It was exciting because it was the World Series, but I could tell it would be kind of dull for regular season games compared to most parks.

I don't care about the fan experience when it's my team. If I'm a neutral than Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park is better than whatever field the White Sox play in is called now.

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal