The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

The results of Obama's executive order singling out Cubans. A bit more intrusive than a delay at the airport I'd say.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/22/world/americas/cubans-us-border-policy-wet-foot-dry-foot-obama-trump.html?_r=0

NUEVO LAREDO, Mexico — She spent weeks hiking through the Amazon, crossing a crocodile-filled river. She scaled border walls, escaped from immigration detention in Panama and slept in a church. Broke, hungry and exhausted, she found refuge with indigenous people in the jungle who took her in and fed her for a week.

Finally, six months after fleeing Cuba on a tortuous journey to the United States, Marleni Barbier, a dental assistant from Havana, made it to the border with Texas — about 12 hours too late.

She might vote Republican, thought. I suppose that's a problem for the Democrats.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

I have infinite respect for people that can take the time to engage with Swampy's patience testing w**k.

Ive said it before,he is the master troll.The seethe he must be feeling towards all these right wing god fearing types must be driving him loco (unless he has been dumped by the dungeon master and its sent him mental)

2 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Ive said it before,he is the master troll.The seethe he must be feeling towards all these right wing god fearing types must be driving him loco (unless he has been dumped by the dungeon master and its sent him mental)

I'm not Swampy, though I understand the part about the dungeon master because I've seen that before.

What's with the seethe towards right wing god fearing types? Is Swampy supposed to hate conservative Christians?

Just now, Deplorable said:

I'm not Swampy, though I understand the part about the dungeon master because I've seen that before.

What's with the seethe towards right wing god fearing types? Is Swampy supposed to hate conservative Christians?

Aye nae bother swampmaster troll away

2 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

The results of Obama's executive order singling out Cubans. A bit more intrusive than a delay at the airport I'd say.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/22/world/americas/cubans-us-border-policy-wet-foot-dry-foot-obama-trump.html?_r=0

NUEVO LAREDO, Mexico — She spent weeks hiking through the Amazon, crossing a crocodile-filled river. She scaled border walls, escaped from immigration detention in Panama and slept in a church. Broke, hungry and exhausted, she found refuge with indigenous people in the jungle who took her in and fed her for a week.

Finally, six months after fleeing Cuba on a tortuous journey to the United States, Marleni Barbier, a dental assistant from Havana, made it to the border with Texas — about 12 hours too late.

She might vote Republican, thought. I suppose that's a problem for the Democrats.

I've seen quite a lot of this over the past few days.  That what Trump is doing is validated by the fact that other people, including Obama of course, have done similar things.

It somehow simultaneously takes the form of white knighting Trump while denegrating the others - for the same actions.

I think we could all take an action and find someone, somewhere who has done similar.

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

Aye nae bother swampmaster troll away

Cool. I'll go on.

Ms. Barbier said she had spent all of the $8,000 she made from the sale of her house in Cuba to make it this far. “That money is gone, gone, gone,” she said.

“I certainly have sympathy for them, but the policy has been changed, and the moment they changed it, the policy was eliminated,” said Representative Henry Cuellar, a Democrat who represents Laredo. “They didn’t say anyone in the pipeline can come in. By luck, some got in and some did not.”

Just now, Deplorable said:

Cool. I'll go on.

Ms. Barbier said she had spent all of the $8,000 she made from the sale of her house in Cuba to make it this far. “That money is gone, gone, gone,” she said.

“I certainly have sympathy for them, but the policy has been changed, and the moment they changed it, the policy was eliminated,” said Representative Henry Cuellar, a Democrat who represents Laredo. “They didn’t say anyone in the pipeline can come in. By luck, some got in and some did not.”

Have a greenie you mad b*****d

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Deflection. So you admit that your "couldn't name a foreign leader" claim was a load nonsense. It's you who is the idiot.

I've inadvertently entered an episode of Peppa Pig when she falls out with Suzy Sheep or something? You'll be sticking your tongue out blowing raspberries soon.

There there. I'm sure Gary will be touched of your defence of his ineptitude when he hears.

9 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

I've seen quite a lot of this over the past few days.  That what Trump is doing is validated by the fact that other people, including Obama of course, have done similar things.

It somehow simultaneously takes the form of white knighting Trump while denegrating the others - for the same actions.

I think we could all take an action and find someone, somewhere who has done similar.

It's more about the hypocrisy of the protestors and the reactions to Trump's ban from the left, media, and celebrities. I'm cool with changing the Cuba policy, though obviously exceptions should be made for people like the lady in the NY Times story who gave up everything, endured great hardship, and arrived a few hours too late. We elect Presidents. They make decisions regarding immigration. Then they face election again. We don't need to shut down the country over a small change..

Although I will say this Obama move was pure cowardice. He did it in his lame duck period because he didn't want to f**k the Democrats over in Florida. Once the Cubans already cost Hillary the state he was good to go get revenge. Funny that the last two Democrat Presidents, while constantly going on and on about how great immigration is for America, have imposed great restrictions on the only immigrant group that supports Republicans.

Edited by Deplorable

22 minutes ago, The OP said:

That is one shit poll. "Do you favour or oppose" followed by the options 'yes and no'? :lol:

We'll presume the breakdowns should've been 'favour' and 'oppose' and say the thing about populism is that it is popular, at least until you educate people about the facility or consequences of the policy.

Your issue is with my typing and communications skills, not the poll.

21 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Is your point that the American public is, in part, made up of raging bigots?

We know, that's why we're in this fucking mess.

What percentage of countries in the world allow large numbers of Somali immigrants? 10%?

I'd appreciate it you would refer to the Japanese public as "raging bigots." Can you do that?

13 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Have we not got enough issues going on in this country without protesting against trump?

In a worrying way, it's refreshing to see an elected politician actually stick to his election promises and not just ignore everything he said and continue with the status quo.

By excluding immigration from strategically unimportant Muslim majority countries but ignoring the countries which provided all of the September 11th 2001 highjackers and the orchestrators? :lol:

He's playing to the prejudices of morons and he's very good at it, I'll give him that.

Edited by The OP

5 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Have we not got enough issues going on in this country without protesting against trump?

In a worrying way, it's refreshing to see an elected politician actually stick to his election promises and not just ignore everything he said and continue with the status quo.

Just like Hitler did with those pesky Jews.

The only folk supporting Trump are a few demented Tories, the leaders of European fascist parties, Farrage, the same xenophobes in the US that elected him and a few halfwits on the internet.  

4 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Unfortunately not, President Trump is literally Hitler because reasons and gender pronouns it's time to protest petrol stations because polar bears smh

21 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

He always hated muslims but was very keen on sociological jargon and gender affairs. I'd say banana has taken over that burden.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

If I'm stealing patter from 4chan dorks when I'm the wrong side of 40 like the above poster then consider this all the go ahead you need to bludgeon me to death.

GJiWmX4.png