The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

It's funny how (some) people on the right can't understand anyone being motivated by anything other than self-interest.
"It's not going to affect you personally, so what are you complaining about?" seems to be the argument. What a miserable f*cking existence they must have.

Nah folk on the left are exactly the same. Don't give a toss about the masses of working class across the north of England or rust belt America who've been left behind, ignored and dismissed.
But they do care about grandstanding and displaying their own moral righteousness by being vocal champions for all sorts of trendy right on, mainly trivial, issues concerning identity politics.

I've not kept track of how Trump is supposedly sexist but I assume it's because of his recorded conversation on the bus that time and because he has passed judgement on female appearances?
Every day on here folk post about female appearances and make jokes similar to what Trump did.
I'd assume as we are all on a football forum we alll have hung about in football crowds or dressing rooms where such talk is common place.
Whilst it is undoubtedly disrespectful- how many of you object at any other time?

13 minutes ago, banana said:

Corty getting his bigoted arse handed to him left, right and centre here. Sad!

FTFY

5 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I've not kept track of how Trump is supposedly sexist but I assume it's because of his recorded conversation on the bus that time and because he has passed judgement on female appearances?
Every day on here folk post about female appearances and make jokes similar to what Trump did.
I'd assume as we are all on a football forum we alll have hung about in football crowds or dressing rooms where such talk is common place.
Whilst it is undoubtedly disrespectful- how many of you object at any other time?

I can't speak for anyone else on here but I haven't run for office while numerous women accuse me of sexual assault having boasted of being able to freely grope women because I'm rich

I also haven't made such comments about my children: http://www.mediaite.com/online/donald-trump-wont-stop-joking-about-banging-his-daughter/

Or anyone else, come to think of it.

9 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Nah folk on the left are exactly the same. Don't give a toss about the masses of working class across the north of England or rust belt America who've been left behind, ignored and dismissed.
But they do care about grandstanding and displaying their own moral righteousness by being vocal champions for all sorts of trendy right on, mainly trivial, issues concerning identity politics.

Care is not a zero sum game. You can be interested in the women's rights and the welfare of redundant Redcar steelworkers. I also find it rich when the populist right will cast the (white) working classes as unfairly dismissed patriots one day, and the next will demonise them as the kind of alcoholic benefit scroungers who probably wear their pyjamas to Tesco.

8 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

There are all the accusations of assault from various women, his deranged 3am Twitter feud with a former Miss Universe, and the fact that his own wife said he raped her:

The part of the book that caused the most controversy concerns Trump’s divorce from his first wife, Ivana. Hurt obtained a copy of her sworn divorce deposition, from 1990, in which she stated that, the previous year, her husband had raped her in a fit of rage. In Hurt’s account, Trump was furious that a “scalp reduction” operation he’d undergone to eliminate a bald spot had been unexpectedly painful. Ivana had recommended the plastic surgeon. In retaliation, Hurt wrote, Trump yanked out a handful of his wife’s hair, and then forced himself on her sexually. Afterward, according to the book, she spent the night locked in a bedroom, crying; in the morning, Trump asked her, “with menacing casualness, ‘Does it hurt?’ ” Trump has denied both the rape allegation and the suggestion that he had a scalp-reduction procedure. Hurt said that the incident, which is detailed in Ivana’s deposition, was confirmed by two of her friends.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/10/24/documenting-trumps-abuse-of-women

5 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Protesting against someone because of allegations? What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

A tiny amount of study will show that the concept of "innocence until guilt is proven" is not practiced, enforced or sought in the USA.

It might sound nice but it means nothing.

Would you defend any other person running for office who had been recorded saying you can grope women because you're rich?

He speaks like your average guys guy does. I would rather have someone that was down to earth and spoke like normal people than some media crafted bore that pretended to be someone he wasn't.

Have to say I'm getting quite pissed off at both the lefties and righties.

As for the women's march I'm all for it, if people feel a certain way show it.

The only thing, once again that's extremely frustrating is everybody, on both sides, trying to out do each other for likes on social media.

Infuriating stuff, people trying way too hard.

3 hours ago, McRuffian said:

Were you out protesting?

Actually no, because I'm pretty unwell at the moment. I do however, fall into a couple of the minorities mentioned so have had a keen interest.

Are you going to give the bog standard reply that I've no right to comment if I didn't join a march?

10 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

He speaks like your average guys guy does. I would rather have someone that was down to earth and spoke like normal people than some media crafted bore that pretended to be someone he wasn't.

I wish you lot would just be honest about it. You don't give a f**k about the working classes in the rust belt or the North of England. You love Trump because you think he gives you license to say things that polite and sane society disapproves of, paranoid racist and sexist stuff mainly. You don't have any policies other than Unionism and being anti-immigrants.

Special-privilege-overloaded modern feminists equating the current horrific manspreading/mansplaining/pink tax/etc. oppression of western women with the fight for suffrage :1eye

ms0kcne.jpg

Edited by banana

Really? The average guy says things like "You can do anything… Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything"

I think you hang around with some creepy fuckers, if you think that's normal.

Just watched a wee news snippet there with interviews.

Few people saying that they don't want women's rights taken away? What's Trump going to do in regards to that?

Another woman saying that it was a terrible result for women, not being funny but you can't become president of the US without getting an absolutely massive female vote. Even my mother (surprised me by the way) said to me she wanted Trump to win. Sure there'll have been plenty others like that.

A lady also saying that Trump getting in isn't democracy, but that the march is what democracy looks like? Again Trump won fair and square.

There's no doubting he's a total arsehole who's said some horrible things about women but he won a vote fair and square. Some of the stuff being said is a bit OTT.

Just admit it 1320LightieKKK, you like the guy. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't bring your mother into it after that "keeping a potential shag occupied till you got home" incident. She didn't strike me as a hardcore feminist anyway.

Just admit it 1320LightieKKK, you like the guy. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't bring your mother into it after that "keeping a potential shag occupied till you got home" incident. She didn't strike me as a hardcore feminist anyway.

Wow. You're really saying that after what I said? Horrible.

No, I do not like Donald Trump. I actually really dislike him.

But just you carry on with it.

44 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Wow. You're really saying that after what I said? Horrible.

No, I do not like Donald Trump. I actually really dislike him.

But just you carry on with it.

Sorry, I lumped you together with some horrible people. Apologies to your Mother.