The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

I could imagine no activity more suited to Trump than laying on of hands.
He fell for it when someone suggested a Nobel Peace prize was on the cards, and that Greenland was up for sale. A potential Papacy would send him through the roof.

This is an utterly ridiculous amount of money to spend on a defence budget.

Imagine what benefit US society could have had if spent elsewhere on education, infrastructure projects, free healthcare etc.

Edited by CaspianChris

2 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

This is an utterly ridiculous amount of money to spend on a defence budget.

Imagine what benefit US society could have had uf spent elsewhere on education, infrastructure projects, free healthcare etc.

Insane, isn't it? Millions will love him even more for this. Usually the type that could do with the type of state support you've mentioned.

9 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

The crazy thing is a huge proportion of that two trillion is because military equipment suppliers have contract stipulations that prevent the army doing much repair work beyond basic maintenance, so they have to send a humvee back to have a new exhaust fitted and they charge like $20000 for it. Just like healthcare it's a racket.

There would be more of a racket if they didn't replace the exhaust.

10 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Insane, isn't it? Millions will love him even more for this. Usually the type that could do with the type of state support you've mentioned.

I'm always reminded of this video when I think of the US defence budget:

38 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Is this level of notification to Congress even legal.  I would have though notice of intention of military action would have needed to have been more formally sought. 

Trump is truly an imbecile.

There's no way he wrote that, it's a staffer detailed to write in his manner, I betcha.

1 hour ago, CaspianChris said:

Trump well out in front in this poll unsurprisingly. 

Trump might well be an egotistical man-child, but he's not a dictator. He's actually seeking re-election this year...