The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, killiefan27 said:

Sure, I just find it hilarious that right wingers accuse the left of being snowflakes when they have absolute heads-gones over balloons and trainer adverts

and pizza, and coffee machines, and a kids sci fi movie, and a man kneeling, and etc etc etc

Anyway, I see from Woodward's book that one of the White House lads was on the blower to Mueller stating that Trump couldn't testify in the national interest as he's that mentally challenged, America's enemies would have a field day.

I think they already know, m8.

56 minutes ago, banana said:

I fully agree that the two years and 565 pages (and counting) of mass Trump hysteria snowflakery has been delicious, I'll give you that.

But it's also slightly terrifying to bear witness in a David-Attenborough-narrating-chimps-enthusiastically-eating-jobbies type manner.

tenor.gif?itemid=7870358

#trump2020

It would probably be half the length if you weren't on it arguing with yourself every day.

13 minutes ago, mjw said:

Ooft.

Did you not listen to President Trump harassing and shouting at poor Woody in that latest WaPo BOMBSHELL phonecall?

It's probably over, I think they finally got him.

Just noticed the next Supreme Court Justice will be on an indexed linked 1/4 million dollars a year for life, with no possibility of being fired. No wonder they usually work till they die.

Edited by welshbairn

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html
So who do we think it is?
My money's on Kellyanne Conway, but I've seen theories it was Pence...

The use of the word 'lodestar' indicates Pence, although 'first principles' is a term Jim Mattis uses often. More likely it's someone who's using both of those as a smokescreen. Pence would be fun tho, because Trump has no power to fire him; only way he can be removed is by Trump asking Congress to impeach Pence. Or, seeing if he can get one of his masters to make with the polonium tea.

1 hour ago, killiefan27 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

So who do we think it is?

My money's on Kellyanne Conway, but I've seen theories it was Pence...

Conway isn't a conservative thinker; she just rode in on a wave of populism and cares little for the Republican party.

Whoever wrote that is an older Republican veteran (and therefore probably male).  I'm all in on Dan Coats, or perhaps a lesser name like John DeStefano.

Whichever way, Trump's taking it well, I see.  And whoever wrote it is pretty much obligated to resign their position.

18 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Conway isn't a conservative thinker; she just rode in on a wave of populism and cares little for the Republican party.

Agree, my mind just went to her because her husband is always slagging off Trump, and because of the sheer resignation in her voice on that Woodward phone call!

18 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

And whoever wrote it is pretty much obligated to resign their position.

Don't see why, he or she's only reason for staying is to try to stop Trump doing any more damage than he already is. An honourable task. It's probably some high ranking deputy or assistant we've never heard of.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't see why, he or she's only reason for staying is to try to stop Trump doing any more damage than he already is. An honourable task. It's probably some high ranking deputy or assistant we've never heard of.

Because the daft conspiracy theories are already starting, and resignation sooner rather than later will ensure maximum effect.  This person isn't a one person army.  If they don't resign, it moves from an act of public interest to an act of cowardice.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Because the daft conspiracy theories are already starting, and resignation sooner rather than later will ensure maximum effect.  This person isn't a one person army.  If they don't resign, it moves from an act of public interest to an act of cowardice.

Resigning would be an act of cowardice imo. Staying in place and resisting is the brave and honourable thing. Imagine if someone like Matiss (I'm sure it's not him) were replaced by one of Trump's swivel eyed fanboys on Fox News?

Resigning would be an act of cowardice imo. Staying in place and resisting is the brave and honourable thing. Imagine if someone like Matiss (I'm sure it's not him) were replaced by one of Trump's swivel eyed fanboys on Fox News?

Apparently the WH is already talking replacements for him after the midterms. Current favorites are Tom Cotton (who'll start WW3 by himself) and Lindsay Graham (who'll do it when dickhead tells him to).

52 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Apparently the WH is already talking replacements for him after the midterms. Current favorites are Tom Cotton (who'll start WW3 by himself) and Lindsay Graham (who'll do it when dickhead tells him to).

This is quite informative..

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/donald-trump-fallen-out-us-military-chiefs-mattis-kelly-mcmaster-a8524056.html

Mike Pompeo is the latest really senior "senior official" to rule himself out.  If it's someone on that kind of level, then this is an historic revelation.

Clearly Trumpy boy is just going down the pecking order, telling folk to make a statement or walk.