The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

Imagine being at work, all the time knowing that a performatively angry attention-seeker like Gaetz or Boebert could demand a vote to have you fired every time you tried to get something done.

Well he made the compromise, it’s up to him to live with it.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The new pick to chair the House Homeland Security Committee, Mark Green, believes that evolution is a myth, humans have no role in global warming, vaccines cause autism and that the 2020 election was stolen.

Suddenly Westminster doesn't look quite so bad. 

Seriously though, to have people of that "quality" in senior positions in government should worry even his own voters. 

It would be like having a Head of State who thinks that a God has given him his job or a legislature that reserves places in it for folk who believe in talking snakes or that they have meaningful relationships with dead people. Oh, no, wait a minute... 

This could well lead to criminal charges.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jan/14/trump-georgia-grand-jury-political-fate

I am insufficiently knowledgeable to know if, when and how SCOTUS could intervene if Trump is convicted of criminal charges at State level.

39 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This could well lead to criminal charges.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jan/14/trump-georgia-grand-jury-political-fate

I am insufficiently knowledgeable to know if, when and how SCOTUS could intervene if Trump is convicted of criminal charges at State level.

I feel like we have been hearing how he will be criminally prosecuted for about 7 years now 

Until I see it I won’t believe it 

You have to hope that Biden leaving secret documents lying around all over the place will derail his attempts for a second run. Also that attempts at prosecutions of Trump get narrowed down to obvious stuff that even thick republicans recognise as being seriously naughty. Haven't much hope in either tbh.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jan/23/trump-philadelphia-mobster-photo

Trump posing with Skinny Joey, great stuff. Merlino is likely the boss of the Philly mob and is probably the highest profile mobster in the US still active. He once walked into an Italian restaurant at Halloween wearing a Batman mask and shot the son of a rival eight times with a machine gun (the guy survived and Merlino was never charged).

He was acquitted of running a huge Medicare fraud a couple of years back and now lives in Florida.