The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Just now, welshbairn said:

He claimed his Gran was a Ukrainian Jew who escaped from the Nazis, turns out she was a Catholic born in Brazil well before WW2, so not even "ish"".

That's not the kind of lie you tell as a one-off; he's been at it for a while to be that bold.

It's going to turn out he's actually Keyser Soze or something.

13 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Cannot be arsed looking further into this, but what on Earth does "Jewish background" mean in this case? His maw had a job washing the yarmulkes at the local temple?

Maybe ‘Jewish background’ means having a mural of the Red Sea parting on a wall in the living room.

16 minutes ago, BFTD said:

That's not the kind of lie you tell as a one-off; he's been at it for a while to be that bold.

It's going to turn out he's actually Keyser Soze or something.

I was wondering about why he thought it would help him to pretend to be Jewish, turns out the winner before last was Steve Israel.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I was wondering about why he thought it would help him to pretend to be Jewish, turns out the winner before last was Steve Israel.

This could end up being a house of cards.

"I never said I was Jewish. As I was just saying to Representative Blowsvoters, people just saw my last name was Israel and jumped to conclusions".

7 minutes ago, BFTD said:

This could end up being a house of cards.

"I never said I was Jewish. As I was just saying to Representative Blowsvoters, people just saw my last name was Israel and jumped to conclusions".

I can see Moses Yahweh being the next candidate.  Just to be sure.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I can see Moses Yahweh being the next candidate.  Just to be sure.

Maybe nobody's actually Jewish.

Bit suspicious about my ex-wife, thinking about it.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s probably nothing dodgy about this.  After all which of us has not mislaid $240,000 before?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-jr-transcript-jan-6-donations-b2253129.html

GD, you are doing that thing with numbers again.

34 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Not sure how many folks are following it but the demise of Kevin McCarthy’s career is proving rather hilarious. The more telling bit is that Trump’s endorsing of him last night has swayed not a single vote of the openly lunatic fringe. 

There seems to be huge question marks about whether or not the House can function if a Speaker is not elected and the impact that will have on Congress as a whole to govern.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There seems to be huge question marks about whether or not the House can function if a Speaker is not elected and the impact that will have on Congress as a whole to govern.

The GOP have absolutely zero interest in governing. All that happens is there’ll be a week less of ‘investigations’ into Hunter Biden’s laptop while Kevin gets publicly humiliated over and over again. They’re doing f**k all for the next 2 years so providing some entertainment prior is about as good as it’s going to get. 

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Attention seeking and nihilism have become the sole agenda for the Trumpy leftovers.

Don't forget attempting to demonstrate that democracy doesn't work.

11 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

The GOP have absolutely zero interest in governing. All that happens is there’ll be a week less of ‘investigations’ into Hunter Biden’s laptop while Kevin gets publicly humiliated over and over again. They’re doing f**k all for the next 2 years so providing some entertainment prior is about as good as it’s going to get. 

Obstructionists obstructing themselves 

Who could have seen that coming eh?