The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

From CNET…that’s another $4M+ from suckers…

The news turned out to be a disappointment even to some of Trump’s supporters: a Trump-themed NFT collection. 

"My official Donald Trump Digital Trading Card collection is here!" he posted on Thursday. Trump never used the abbreviation "NFT" in the post, but that's indeed what the "digital trading cards" are: 45,000 NFTs on the Polygon blockchain, priced at $99 each.

Though the NFTs were widely mocked by both Trump supporters and detractors alike, all 45,000 sold out in around 12 hours, according to OpenSea data. At $99 each, that means $4.45 million has been raised. The collection's creators also receive 10% of every sale on secondary markets like OpenSea. Thus far traders have spent $406,000 (320 ether) buying and selling the NFTs on OpenSea. Who that money goes to and how it's used remains a mystery.”

I wonder if the author of this thread managed to snap his up before they sold out.

4 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Is it just me or does the one of him as a sheriff make it look like he's having a pee.

Pilot Trump is definitely fishing his y-fronts out of his crack.

Also, I just noticed that NASCAR Trump is #47 instead of #45, so I guess he's Time Traveller Trump too?

It's all very z-grade Action Man, isn't it.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Pilot Trump is definitely fishing his y-fronts out of his crack.

Also, I just noticed that NASCAR Trump is #47 instead of #45, so I guess he's Time Traveller Trump too?

It's all very z-grade Action Man, isn't it.

Rather harsh on Action Man, although the 60’s and 70’s Action Man did have the molded plastic hair…

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Rather harsh on Action Man, although the 60’s and 70’s Action Man did have the molded plastic hair…

Action Man's spoiled baby brother who never served due to crippling bone spurs, but would really, really have liked to. Honest. Damn those bone spurs.

It's just pure grift getting in at the bottom of the market like this. They've sold out apparently, but how do you trigger the libtards with these ? I thought that was the whole point of the red caps and flags, how are you going to upset your neighbours or your blue haired neice with these?

46 minutes ago, Slim Charles. said:

It's just pure grift getting in at the bottom of the market like this. They've sold out apparently, but how do you trigger the libtards with these ? I thought that was the whole point of the red caps and flags, how are you going to upset your neighbours or your blue haired neice with these?

Facebook.

As an old git, can someone explain to me in nice simple terms what the attraction of NFTs are. When it comes to physical things you own something that may be unique, such as an original painting, or in limited supply like a rare bottle of whisky. But NFTs are digital which means exact copies can be easily and quickly made. Several of Trump’s have already been posted here, so what’s the point of paying money for something millions of others can easily get for free?

I can see the use of NFTs for documents such as wills, title deeds etc to prove than someone owns them, but digital images really do escape me.

Maybe I’m just getting too old.

32 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

As an old git, can someone explain to me in nice simple terms what the attraction of NFTs are. When it comes to physical things you own something that may be unique, such as an original painting, or in limited supply like a rare bottle of whisky. But NFTs are digital which means exact copies can be easily and quickly made. Several of Trump’s have already been posted here, so what’s the point of paying money for something millions of others can easily get for free?

I can see the use of NFTs for documents such as wills, title deeds etc to prove than someone owns them, but digital images really do escape me.

One of the biggest collectors - guy who goes by Punk6529 on socials, not sure of his real name - did a thread explaining that the digital was actually more use than the physical because of the security. The way he framed it was that your property deeds only signify that your house is yours when the social contract is upheld, and if mobs are at your door with pitchforks, it means very little; an NFT would be secured away in cyberspace. You can almost see it, however what he didn't explain is how in a post-apocalyptic society, a .jpg would have any value whatsoever.  

43 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Damien Hirst recently created 10,000 individual pieces of art, all different versions to the piece below called The Currency.  After shelling out a paltry sum of $2,000 each, the owner could then decide if they wanted to receive the original piece, or a digital NFT version. Just over 5,000 people opted for the original, which are now re-selling for up to $30,000 each.  For those that opted for the NFT, almost 5000 people, they were sent a digital version and the physical piece was incinerated.  The NFT version sells for considerably less than the physical, around $2-3000.

Either way, Hirst pocketed a nice $20,000,000 for recreating what essentially looks like the Ishihara test for colourblindness

I see NFT's similar to Crypto, just a complete scam.

damien hirst to burn 'the currency' as buyers can't own both NFT & physical  artwork

Edited by MONKMAN

10 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Donny sold $4.5m worth of this shit in a couple of hours, which only highlights how frighteningly stupid republicans are.

There's something Uber Republican about scamming John Q Fartbag of Toadsuck, Nebraska out of all his money that you have to admire.

See also: American religion.

9 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Damien Hirst recently created 10,000 individual pieces of art, all different versions to the piece below called The Currency.  After shelling out a paltry sum of $2,000 each, the owner could then decide if they wanted to receive the original piece, or a digital NFT version. Just over 5,000 people opted for the original, which are now re-selling for up to $30,000 each.  For those that opted for the NFT, almost 5000 people, they were sent a digital version and the physical piece was incinerated.  The NFT version sells for considerably less than the physical, around $2-3000.

Either way, Hirst pocketed a nice $20,000,000 for recreating what essentially looks like the Ishihara test for colourblindness

I see NFT's similar to Crypto, just a complete scam.

damien hirst to burn 'the currency' as buyers can't own both NFT & physical  artwork

Everyone's probably seem this already, but NFTs are (were?) a scam to get the credulous to bring new money to Crypto so those who've already invested can cash out into real money.

If anyone has any friends desperate to get them to invest in Crypto, treat them the same as if they want to talk to you about joining their Herbalife downline.

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

There's something Uber Republican about scamming John Q Fartbag of Toadsuck, Nebraska out of all his money that you have to admire.

See also: American religion.

I never thought I would indulge in double-think but:

On the one hand I don’t want to see poor gullible people being fleeced by a grifter.

On the other hand there is something immensely satisfying about seeing gullible poor people being fleeced by a grifter.

6 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

What the f**k do you do with your Trump NFT?  Stick your monitor above yer fireplace and display it as a screensaver.?

Apparently people use them as avatars online and claim that it's better than using an actual photo of themselves, as people can't judge them based on appearance, race, and all that jazz.

Then fume away as dozens of other folk judge them for wasting money on a hideously ugly GIF, before copypasting the same picture as their avatar purely to wind them up.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I never thought I would indulge in double-think but:

On the one hand I don’t want to see poor gullible people being fleeced by a grifter.

On the other hand there is something immensely satisfying about seeing gullible poor people being fleeced by a grifter.

I'd amend that to "gullible poor people who actively wish harm on others", which is generally true of Trumpets.

Edited by BFTD
Granny