The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

11 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Senior Republicans are now blaming Trump for the results.

Some of them have been chomping at the bit for years.

The mystifying thing is that so many of them think that nobody will find it weird that they absolutely castigated the Apricot Amin before he became their candidate, sooked the absolute arse off him in humiliating fashion while he was president, but will cut him adrift as soon he's no longer useful to their own quest for power.

You could only come to the conclusion that folk like McConnell and Cruz believe in absolutely nothing. I guess all they have to do is deny the existence of all the footage of them espousing diametrically opposing views, and that's good enough now.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Some of them have been chomping at the bit for years.

The mystifying thing is that so many of them think that nobody will find it weird that they absolutely castigated the Apricot Amin before he became their candidate, sooked the absolute arse off him in humiliating fashion while he was president, but will cut him adrift as soon he's no longer useful to their own quest for power.

You could only come to the conclusion that folk like McConnell and Cruz believe in absolutely nothing. I guess all they have to do is deny the existence of all the footage of them espousing diametrically opposing views, and that's good enough now.

Yeah it wouldn’t happen with the more right wing of the two main U.K. parties.  :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah it wouldn’t happen with the more right wing of the two main U.K. parties.  :rolleyes:

Labour?

Murdoch media , Fox News, The New York Post and the Wall St Journal has been pushing the time to dump Trump narrative..

Rupert playing king maker again?

DeSantis anyone?

26 minutes ago, Bob in Denny said:

Labour?

Murdoch media , Fox News, The New York Post and the Wall St Journal has been pushing the time to dump Trump narrative..

Rupert playing king maker again?

DeSantis anyone?

It looks like DeSantis could become favourite.  I can’t say I know much about him but there’s a suggestion that he’s a pretty poor performer under pressure.  If so he could get destroyed in the primary debates.

DeSantis is a bit of a weird one - he campaigned for the statehouse very much on a Trump ticket - down to a truly execrable advert that had his kid 'building a wall' out of Lego. Then his first 6 months or so in charge, he governed fairly neutrally - signed off some protections for the Everglades and refused US Sugar growing land there - to the point where (very, by US standards) left wing friends in Miami were telling me 'maybe this guy isn't so bad'. Then he went off the deep end - then he tried to be 'moderate' again, and only signed an abortion ban after 20 weeks, leading to a lot of speculation to lots of clinics being built in the FL panhandle to service the more extreme neighbouring states. Now he's won re-election, the first thing he's said is that abortion bans will be tightened up. And we've seen how much of a winner that was in places like Pennsylvania. 

He didn't do well in this year's gubernatorial debate against Charlie Crist. Crist's a nice old guy, but he's run more races than Carl Lewis, there's no enthusiasm for him. This doesn't bode well for him going up against anyone young, hungry and with a modicum of ambition left. 

11 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Wonder if Trump would then go independent?

Lots of better political folks than me are predicting that, but I dunno. He's lazy as f**k. I think he'll certainly threaten them with it, but whether he carries thru would be an issue of what staff he could get. If it's just Stone, Rudy and Jason Miller then they couldn't organize a lodge night in Larkhall, so it'd be doubtful they could run a full campaign. Even if Fox have moved on, he'll still get plenty TV coverage tho, both interviews on the zoomer networks and then reportage of said on CNN and Sinclair-affiliate local stations, so he could be a pain in their arse for quite some time without having to do a whole lot. 

I think they should wait awhile and then tell Trump he was right about the election being stolen and officially he is President-in-exile with Biden occupying the White House illegimately.

Naturally Trump would be delighted. 

Until it is pointed out that technically this then counts as two terms as President which automatically excludes him from ever standing again.

Just a thought.

With the defeat of the appalling Kari Lake that's now every single election denying Trump endorsed nutter now lost. 

Popcorn at the ready now for the GOP tearing itself apart as Trump goes up against DeSantis for the GOP nomination. Likelihood is that If Trump gets it the GOP will lose. If DeSantis gets it Trump will run as an independent and sink the DeSantis by biting into the Republican vote.  And there will be another 4 years of tantrums from the bloated orange skinned tit.

Edited by AndyM

20 minutes ago, AndyM said:

With the defeat of the appalling Kari Lake that's now every single election denying Trump endorsed nutter now lost. 

Popcorn at the ready now for the GOP tearing itself apart as Trump goes up against DeSantis for the GOP nomination. Likelihood is that If Trump gets it the GOP will lose. If DeSantis gets it Trump will run as an independent and sink the DeSantis by biting into the Republican vote.  And there will be another 4 years of tantrums from the bloated orange skinned tit.

The BBC are claiming that, across the piece, at least 125 pro-fascists (because let's call them what they are) won their election, including Marjorie Taylor-Greene and (likely) Lauren Boebert, so they'll be free to make screaming self-promoting c***s of themselves for another term.

I've been delighted to see a bit of common sense prevailing in Arizona over the past few years, considering that it was a long-term Republican stick-on when I was there. I'm told that, naturally, the right-wingers are blaming those dirty Mexicans who claim to be "Americans" despite every right-thinking Arizonan knowing that they're foreigners, so expect to see them make deeply disturbing attempts to limit voting rights for non-Caucasians as much as possible (although naturally they'll phrase it as innocently as possible, because they're cowards).

Edit: it'd be interesting to know how many of the fascists ran unopposed, because that happens disturbingly often in the US, across a variety of elected positions. "Democracy", eh?

Edited by BFTD