The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Hopefully someone will shoot him.

Soon.

Very, very soon.

His family would start a religion to follow the teachings of their martyred leader.

It would likely be massively successful for them.

19 hours ago, BFTD said:

His family would start a religion to follow the teachings of their martyred leader.

It would likely be massively successful for them.

They would hold some trashy streamed service at Mar a Lago ending with Ted Cruz handing over his red tie to Trump jnr on a golden tray.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve got work today, but day one of the Jan 6 Committee public hearing is box-office.

Trump AG Barr told Trump the big lie was bullshit, and his polling manager also told him he had lost, long before Jan 6.

His plausible deniability has disappeared.

Also turns out that, he made no calls to any of the authorities.  Whereas Mike Pence made a few!

• 2 weeks later...

Old trumpy's legacy really coming home to roost now with his packing of the Supreme Court resulting in expanding gun rights and the overturning of Roe Vs Wade in the space of a week. Absolute staggering. 

The US is a total binfire of a place right now, the lunatics truly have taken over the asylum. 

11 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Old trumpy's legacy really coming home to roost now with his packing of the Supreme Court resulting in expanding gun rights and the overturning of Roe Vs Wade in the space of a week. Absolute staggering. 

The US is a total binfire of a place right now, the lunatics truly have taken over the asylum. 

If anybody's looking to travel to downstate Illinois any time soon, I'd get that hotel booked right now, we about to get a shitload of abortion tourism. Nice to have Republicans contributing to the economy of blue states tho, rather just being a fucking drain on Federal tax resources the whole time. 

I'm sure the pro life lobby will be ecstatic about the increase in the number of kids put up for adoption/abandoned/born into miserable abject poverty or the increase in the number of kids born with hideous disabilities crippling both them and their families because hey a fucking horrible shitty life is better than no life at all. 

Absolute fucking disgrace. That's what happens when every country in Europe ships their religious fanatics and weirdos off to another country and they manage to survive the inevitable slaughtering of each other. 

All the my body my choice fruit loops about taking the covid vax are all delighted that women no longer have a choice,this doesn't end abortions in the states only safe abortions

Biden already said previously that they have legislation ready to go if the wackos on the supreme court that trumpy appointed came for roe v Wade it needs to happen quick

15 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I'm sure the pro life lobby will be ecstatic about the increase in the number of kids put up for adoption/abandoned/born into miserable abject poverty or the increase in the number of kids born with hideous disabilities crippling both them and their families because hey a fucking horrible shitty life is better than no life at all. 

The pro life lobby are all mental and won't care. The GOP needs impoverished white folks to be relied on to vote for them and that's been the case for at least 20 years. See the artificial 'country limits' on green cards which means waiting lists are now upwards of 30 years if you're a Mexican national and upwards of 50 for Indians and Filipinos. They've moved thru 'the Dems want illegal immigration so they get voters' (not sure how that works as you can't vote if you're not a citizen) to the great replacement theory being mainstreamed thru now trying to consolidate power at state level so electors will simply refuse to certify a Democrat winner.

That has already happened - I think in New Mexico - a couple of weeks ago where the board of electors refused to certify a win, however that State's Supreme Court got them telt. We can't rely on it all the time tho - look at Wisconsin for example where the State's Republican supreme court simply shot down any of Democrat Governor Tony Evers' ideas about gun control etc. 

Edited by carpetmonster

Just now, doulikefish said:

All the my body my choice fruit loops about taking the covid vax are all delighted that women no longer have a choice,this doesn't end abortions in the states only safe abortions

Biden already said previously that they have legislation ready to go if the wackos on the supreme court that trumpy appointed came for roe v Wade it needs to happen quick

Biden needs to pack the Supreme Court, stat. 

26 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

If anybody's looking to travel to downstate Illinois any time soon, I'd get that hotel booked right now, we about to get a shitload of abortion tourism. Nice to have Republicans contributing to the economy of blue states tho, rather just being a fucking drain on Federal tax resources the whole time. 

On hearing this news I was wondering if there will be any sort of sizeable migration of  more informed and reasonable people from the 'medieval' US states to more tolerant states.

I would imagine that if that WAS to happen we could be right back almost to 1861-style polarisation, with everything that implies.

8 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

On hearing this news I was wondering if there will be any sort of sizeable migration of  more informed and reasonable people from the 'medieval' US states to more tolerant states.

I would imagine that if that WAS to happen we could be right back almost to 1861-style polarisation, with everything that implies.

Not in the short term I don't *think*. Big business can be lured to red states by tax breaks - Citadel are about to move from IL to FL while Caterpillar are shifting their head office from IL to TX. It depends on the talent they can attract there tho, I'd imagine - there was a big movement in Chicago a few years back where companies moved large offices from the suburbs back into the city as graduates wouldn't move out to the burbs. McDonald's was the prime example; their HQ is now a shiny building in the ultra-hip West Loop. World class talent might be OK with living in Miami or Austin, but they're going to find there's not a whole lot for them to do outside of those places. Also, there's a line of thought that as 5G infrastructure increases alongside homeworking people will become more ruralized - why pay $5k a month rent for a shoebox in SF when you can work from a big house in the boonies for a fraction of the cash?

Edited by carpetmonster