The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

was there not something similar once Bush was out of the white house - that the "Bushisms" took on a bit more of an endearing quality to them rather than "holy shit this man is the president of the USA"

had a little google - things like misunderestimates, "where wings take dream", and my favourite since it's legit Ralph Wiggumesque, "is our children learning?"

Bush was probably a bit unlucky (or arguably fortunate - his gaffes were less insane ramblings and vitriolic, petty verbal attacks on people, more just him sounding like a fucking idiot?) to predate social media.

another edit: oh that weird wee clip of him going "Now watch this drive!" too, cant mind the exact significance but its sticking out for some reason...

edit: I remember veeeery vaguely an old teacher was really fond of Bushisms; clearly had a hateboner for the ex president generally but really liked to regale the class with them from time to time.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

20 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

was there not something similar once Bush was out of the white house - that the "Bushisms" took on a bit more of an endearing quality to them rather than "holy shit this man is the president of the USA"

had a little google - things like misunderestimates, "where wings take dream", and my favourite since it's legit Ralph Wiggumesque, "is our children learning?"

Bush was probably a bit unlucky (or arguably fortunate - his gaffes were less insane ramblings and vitriolic, petty verbal attacks on people, more just him sounding like a fucking idiot?) to predate social media.

another edit: oh that weird wee clip of him going "Now watch this drive!" too, cant mind the exact significance but its sticking out for some reason...

edit: I remember veeeery vaguely an old teacher was really fond of Bushisms; clearly had a hateboner for the ex president generally but really liked to regale the class with them from time to time.

It's something like "we will win this war of (not on) terror. Now watch this drive."

Edited by Merkland Red

I also had a mods teacher who loved them. Had a poster on his wall of some of the bests. I actually found a book of Bushisms in a charity shop in Peebles. I'll look it out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...