The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Dominion suing Giuliani for $1.3 billion over his claims about their election machines being rigged.  This should be fun.

Every one of the vote counters should sue him in a joint defamation action. 

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Dominion suing Giuliani for $1.3 billion over his claims about their election machines being rigged.  This should be fun.

Just read the complaint. It's a belter 👌 

Link here

Edited by madwullie

3 hours ago, HTG said:

Every one of the vote counters should sue him in a joint defamation action. 

And the man who he was acting on behalf and under instructions.

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, madwullie said:

Just read the complaint. It's a belter 👌 

Link here

39 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Your all right it’s 107 pages of lawyer gobbledegook.

If you’ve read it you can give us a summary.

It’s a great read; you don’t need to read every single word but it’s still great fun.  It shows how arrogant Giuliani is to think that there would not be a pushback to such outlandish and unsubstantiated claims.  Between this and his comments before the storming of the Capital Building I can see him spending a fair amount of time in court.

I hope he has a good lawyer.

25 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I thought she was saying it was a "bonkers" claim and wouldn't win. So she's actually saying it highlights the bonkers behaviour of Giuliani and he's in big trouble, yeah?

I imagine they’ve worked out that Giuliani/Powell have defamed them x amount of times and they estimate that to be worth x amount of reputational damage a shot, so it’ll just be a case of multiplying the 2 figures - let’s say it was 60 times at $21.7m a time to come up with $1.3bn - if the beak sides with them but says they’ve overegged the pudding and it’s 5m a time then that’s still $300m and gives them precedent for moving on to the next suit. This has the potential to be fucking hilarious. 

EDIT - mental arithmetic failed me

Edited by carpetmonster

2 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Your all right it’s 107 pages of lawyer gobbledegook.

If you’ve read it you can give us a summary.

Even just the first dozen pages mate - it's clear rudy has bitten more than he can chew. This is going to be all the boys and all their burds and all their maw's too down Ruel Street level bants. 

Bring a piece. 

That is such a slam dunk. If I was Giuliani's lawyer I'd tell him the weather's usually quite nice in Northern Cyprus but if he insisted on staying, I'd try to bamboozle the jury into some doubt over this bit.

Apart from these red flags indicating he is no expert at all, Ramsland also illustrates
a gross misunderstanding of the machines and software in the details of his report. For example,
he claims that his “forensics team” “perform[ed a] forensic duplication of the Antrim County
Election Management Server running Dominion Democracy Suite 5.5.3-002.” But there is no
Democracy Suite 5.5.3-002. Instead, 5.5.3-002 is the version of the ImageCast Precinct tabulator
(i.e., the actual scanner), not the election management server or software.
 This demonstrates that
Ramsland is incapable of telling the difference between the relevant hardware, software, and
servers involved—or simply did not take care to do so.
66. Ramsland also fails to understand the difference between—or intentionally
distorted—adjudication software (which is an optional component of Dominion’s voting system
suite) and the process of adjudicating a ballot. In fact, Antrim County only purchased (and
therefore only used) certain components of Dominion’s voting system suite; critically, Antrim
County neither purchased nor used—nor possessed the hardware required to use—the adjudication
software. This did not prevent Ramsland from falsely claiming that “allots sent to
adjudication can be altered by administrators,” and that “all adjudication log entries for the 2020
election cycle are missing” and must have been “manually removed.”
67. Finally, Ramsland’s specific claim of a 68% “error rate” evidences a fundamental
misunderstanding of election software. Ramsland claims to have used the tabulation logs as the
source for his supposed “error rate.” But the tabulation logs do not reflect the machine’s tabulation
of votes. They record activities logged by the machine during the tabulation process. So
Ramsland’s claim that “these … tabulation totals were used as the official results” is false (because
they are a recording of machine activity, not votes). Simply put, Ramsland does not understand
what he is looking at.
68. While Ramsland claims that a huge percentage of machine activity reflected in the
tabulation logs were “errors” or “warnings,” he gives no explanation of how he identified or
defined an “error” or “warning.”
69. Ramsland references three settings—“reverse,” “divert,” and “override”—as
examples of these so-called “critical errors” or “warnings.” But these are not “errors.” They are
parameters used in the tabulator to handle ballots that—for example—include write-in candidates
or ballots that contain votes for two candidates for the same office. Calling these “errors” is
analogous to claiming that the low fuel indicator light turning on in a car is an “error”—it is of
course not an error; the car is operating precisely how it is supposed to. Similarly, just because
the tabulator recorded, for example, “divert” does not mean that there was error with the ballot or
the vote; precisely the opposite—it means that the machine operated properly in response to that
ballot. This shows that Ramsland does not understand—or did not take care to distinguish—the
difference between an actual error and proper functioning. 

Must finally get around to reading the Mueller report next, I don't think anybody did because everyone's minds were already made up.

Edited by welshbairn

15 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Trump probably won't suffer any consequences for his crimes, but Giuliani and his ilk being sued into oblivion would be a nice second prize.

Dominion are going after Fox next.

26 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Trump probably won't suffer any consequences for his crimes, but Giuliani and his ilk being sued into oblivion would be a nice second prize.

I still believe that he will suffer in state court and the convictions will have a huge impact on his business practices.

I'm not a subscriber to the belief that Trump lost his mind at any point - I think he's fully aware when he's lying, and what the consequences will be - but that Dominion complaint really makes it seem that Giuliani has lost his mind and at least believes some of his own bullshit, to the point where he seems to have been running this campaign with minimal input from the Tangerine Terrorist. I don't think $20,000 per day is quite enough to explain these kind of batshit beliefs when you're an already well-off and respected man in your twilight years. He may well genuinely think the reds are under his bed.

I know his tough-guy cleanup of New York was controversial, but he was popular for that even before 9/11, and this has been a remarkable fall from grace.

24 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I'm not a subscriber to the belief that Trump lost his mind at any point - I think he's fully aware when he's lying, and what the consequences will be - but that Dominion complaint really makes it seem that Giuliani has lost his mind and at least believes some of his own bullshit, to the point where he seems to have been running this campaign with minimal input from the Tangerine Terrorist. I don't think $20,000 per day is quite enough to explain these kind of batshit beliefs when you're an already well-off and respected man in your twilight years. He may well genuinely think the reds are under his bed.

I know his tough-guy cleanup of New York was controversial, but he was popular for that even before 9/11, and this has been a remarkable fall from grace.

I think it's all a desperate attempt to get back to those days as the tough guy who saved New York, his profile pic on Twitter is about 20 years old.

Before

vJ3PwX5y_400x400.jpg

After

trump-giuliani.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPj6eDs2p9SLtX1hG5Xxu

Edited by welshbairn

45 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I believe Trump has mental health issues but they are nothing new, he has displayed them throughout his adult life (and possibly before).

I genuinely believe he has psychopathic tendencies, he really does not bother about the impact of his words or actions; he is totally lacking in empathy.

I remember reading about Bernie Madoff and thinking similar; genuinely no regrets about his actions despite many of his victims being close friends and religious organisations which he was personally affiliated with.

David Allen Green has written an (as per usual) excellent blog discussing Dominion's chances of winning this case, and why that first paragraph is written as it is:

https://davidallengreen.com/2021/01/why-the-first-paragraph-of-the-lawsuit-brought-by-dominion-voting-systems-against-rudolph-giuilani-is-a-splendid-piece-of-legal-drafting/