The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:
Biden's brain has obviously checked out but it's not like he's the first president to be sundowning in office.

Hes just a barely animated shoe horn for Kamala Harris anyway

My wildcard prediction is that she doesn't run in 2024 as the Democratic candidate.

Point of interest, no Democrat has ever succeeded another Democrat as President following an election, only after death in office.

Democrats generally present themselves as the party of change and it is difficult to do that when you have been supporting the President for the previous four years.

On 09/11/2016 at 16:36, Lex said:

Going to be interesting to watch from afar.

He could appoint a raft of experienced republican advisors and cabinet members and delegate all important policy decisions to them. Be a symbolic president, but an inactive one.

Or he could do it all himself.

The latter. 

On 09/11/2016 at 17:19, itzdrk said:

He will probably end up doing a decent job of it. 

Hmmm - should end up in the jail. 

On 09/11/2016 at 17:56, welshbairn said:

I doubt he'll stick with it for 4 years, too many boring meetings and stuff to read to prepare for them. He'll probably do something daft like promise Putin he can have Alaska back by mistake. "What did you say Vlad, oh whatever, sure, why not. Where do I sign, got to go."

Plenty meetings, few boring, read f**k all, almost right on Putin - it's been a great 4 years for the Russians.

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

Free speech is free but only on my terms.

Stormzy has chosen to demonstrate his belief in free speech by red dotting every time I post.

As is his right.

Nice of him to demonstrate that just because there can be consequences for what you say, it doesn't mean you're not free to speak.

1 hour ago, HTG said:

I doubt he'll stick with it for 4 years, too many boring meetings and stuff to read to prepare for them. He'll probably do something daft like promise Putin he can have Alaska back by mistake. "What did you say Vlad, oh whatever, sure, why not. Where do I sign, got to go."

This was an underrated part of the Trump presidency even though sadly it didn't happen enough. Trump just promising or suggesting he might do mad or cool shit then his advisors clearly stepping in and getting him to tweet or issue corrections.

5 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Is it likely to kick off in Washington again this evening? I see the National Guard appear to actually be there this time.

Not till 20th probably. They better be a bit quieter though.

ErnlSMlXUAMSTsu?format=jpg&name=900x900

Is it likely to kick off in Washington again this evening? I see the National Guard appear to actually be there this time.

Officially they are there to prepare for the inauguration. Lots of rehearsals, or whatever the military equivalent of one is.