The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

25 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

On the same day that Trumpy boy loses another tax case.  He’s going to be raging later today.  UPPER CASE TEXTING HERE WE GO!  SAD!

I doubt it. 

1592904949_Screenshot2020-08-20at15_58_36.png.11f003032038d2260ba1988d659e5c25.png

Got to imagine Bannon will be turning this Italian school for Fash into a military compound so he can push for another March on Rome to prevent extradition.

15 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

lol what the f**k they force prisoners to fight fires instead of just paying firefighters??!?!

Of course they do. And obviously that is part of the motivation to keep the prisons expanding. 

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The prison system in the US is essentially continued slavery.

13th amendment baby!

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

lol what the f**k they force prisoners to fight fires instead of just paying firefighters??!?!

A certain VP pick had a substantial role in ensuring a continued firefighting force in California.

These guys get paid about $2 an hour to fight those fires. They're also barred from becoming firefighters after their sentence is finished, because they're ex cons.

Neolib capitalism working at peak efficiency.

The years of inability to recruit professional firefighters in California is more proof that entrenched left wing governments cannot properly govern, but the inmates are not forced. They know the risk and the terrible terms but volunteer anyway and it's doing them a disservice to suggest otherwise.

"I could be sitting behind the [prison] wall right now, dealing with all the drama that that entails, or I could be out here helping save this part of California because of this disaster," former inmate firefighter Daniel Erickson told NPR last year.

5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The years of inability to recruit professional firefighters in California is more proof that entrenched left wing governments cannot properly govern, but the inmates are not forced. They know the risk and the terrible terms but volunteer anyway and it's doing them a disservice to suggest otherwise.

"I could be sitting behind the [prison] wall right now, dealing with all the drama that that entails, or I could be out here helping save this part of California because of this disaster," former inmate firefighter Daniel Erickson told NPR last year.

Which left wing government would that be?  And it’s still slave labour, whether it be fire fighting or making car parts.  

14 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

THE SHARK THING WAS REAL. I REPEAT, THE SHARK THING WAS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, that’s the first time I’ve ever seen him say anything vaguely humorous.  It’s hardly hilarious, but anyone taking that at face value needs to take a look at themselves.  Of all his myriad oratory f**k ups, that’s very, very low down the list.

Edited by Savage Henry

Prison labour in use since WW2, climate change causing fires in greater numbers and intensity, private fire crews hindering state operations, rich people building houses on ground as flame retardant as a 1980's shellsuit.

You: ah you see, this is why left wing governments are bad.