The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

I think the iranians will take a few oil tankers.
Possibly, but their best move would be to get a cooperation and mutual defence treaty between Iran, Iraq and Syria. I think and hope they'll be wary of more than a symbolic physical revenge attack on a deeply unstable US.

The shite between Iran and the USA has been going on for forty years ever since Ayatollah Khomeini returned to Iran, and now I'm sure that this will escalate to a war.
I personally got caught up in the Iran/Iraq war in Jan 1982 when USA backed  Iranian jets fired missiles at us in a convoy going into northern Iran, they hit and sunk four of the ships in the convoy, the one right behind us got hit with a heat seeker and had to run into the bank, four got killed on that one, we were a 100,000 ton tanker with a cargo of soya bean oil, how we never got hit was a mystery thank goodness.
A whole month was spent in Bandar Shapur, now Bandar Khomeini with firefights going on continually, after an Iranian offensive we manged to get out.
A lot more than 40 years, the CIA and MI6 overthrew the democratically elected government in the 50s and put the corrupt peacock Shah in as dictator.

Not entirely true, Truman nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Eisenhowers Korea, Kennedy's Bay of Pigs, Nixon and Johnstone bombed civilians in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, Reagan escalated the cold war and bombed the shite out of Libya, Clinton's Somalia, and his bombing of Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovinia, Obama increased the ground forces in Afghanistan and ordered air strikes in Iraq, even benign Carter gave the Mujihideen,via the CIA, $300.000 and so and so on with them all.
And they all got away with it in the name of freedom?
Now I am absolutely no way defending Daft Donnie but apart from yesterdays killing of the Iranian General all he has done so far is bring troops back to the USA.

Except that is for building troops up in Saudi and escalate tensions in Iran and now Iraq. He’s done nothing of the sort, and one of the reasons he’s so unpopular with Realist conservatives.

Iraqi Parliament about to meet, likely to demand the US pull out completely, consolidating Iranian control over Iraq. Way to go Donny!

It really is remarkable how bumbling his administration must be to have achieved even the slimmest possibility of this happening. It’s foreign policy incompetence of the highest calibre.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

The shite between Iran and the USA has been going on for forty years ever since Ayatollah Khomeini returned to Iran, and now I'm sure that this will escalate to a war.

I personally got caught up in the Iran/Iraq war in Jan 1982 when USA backed  Iranian jets fired missiles at us in a convoy going into northern Iran, they hit and sunk four of the ships in the convoy, the one right behind us got hit with a heat seeker and had to run into the bank, four got killed on that one, we were a 100,000 ton tanker with a cargo of soya bean oil, how we never got hit was a mystery thank goodness.

A whole month was spent in Bandar Shapur, now Bandar Khomeini with firefights going on continually, after an Iranian offensive we manged to get out.

A very terrifying experience and thankfully you and those with you managed to get out of it eventually.

I am kind of to young to remember the early eighties being born 1980.  However the incident the I am able to remember from that war was in 1988 if memory serves me correctly when an American warship shot down an Iranian airliner in error killing all 290 I think it was people on board.

Unsurprisingly Iran vowed serious revenge on the USA because of that incident.

39 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

A very terrifying experience and thankfully you and those with you managed to get out of it eventually.

I am kind of to young to remember the early eighties being born 1980.  However the incident the I am able to remember from that war was in 1988 if memory serves me correctly when an American warship shot down an Iranian airliner in error killing all 290 I think it was people on board.

Yes but it was Libya who carried out the revenge.  Lockerbie.

Or more particularly, footed the patsies who shouldered responsibility for the revenge. And funnily enough, Libya was somehow regarded as the victim.

29 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

Was it?

Okay if you insist.  Lockerbie was seen as the revenge - whoever it was that carried it out.

Never heard of this guy but sounds like the world is a better place with him gone. Well done to Trump for sending a strong message that enemies of the west who stand in opposition to our Christian values will be bombed tae f**k.

5 minutes ago, ForzaDundee said:

Never heard of this guy but sounds like the world is a better place with him gone. Well done to Trump for sending a strong message that enemies of the west who stand in opposition to our Christian values will be bombed tae f**k.

I tend to agree behind a lot of attacks on American targets, take out the head of the snake and hopefully the snake will not be so effective. 

21 minutes ago, ForzaDundee said:

Not....sure...if...serious???

3 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

That's correct, as usual the USA pumped out pathetic excuses over the incident which was down to the usual trigger happy rednecks, however history is littered with these kind of incidents when a singular nation becomes over powerful such as the Roman and British Empires.