The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

If meeting a Kremlin lawyer in Trump Tower to discuss dropping sanctions on Russia in exchange for dirt on Clinton, followed by a leak of stolen emails, wasn't enough, it was always clear that it would be money stuff that would hurt him, much of which is either progressing in the courts or still under investigation. So far his Campaign Chairman (convicted) gave election research data to a Russia linked Ukrainian, his National Security Advisor (convicted) and others persuaded the GOP to drop stuff about aiding Ukraine against Russia with advanced weaponry in the Convention in Cleveland, and later discussed dropping  sanctions with the Russian Ambassador when Obama had just imposed them, all without informing anyone in Government. And his personal lawyer (convicted) was in contact with the Kremlin during the campaign to do with something Trump lied about. Merited investigation imo.

Cohen sent two emails and made one phone call to the Kremlin about a hotel that was never given planning permission. Manafort gave someone polling data which is in no illegal.

The Trump Tower meeting has been established as a set up to frame Don Jr. The head of Fusion GPS (working for the Clinton campaign at the time) told Congress he was with the Russians involved before and after they left the tower. That revelation didn't get much press coverage tho.

The investigation into his inauguration committee, their fundraising and spending, will be interesting.  I assume it will be easier to follow the money trail there than it would have been to prove collusion.

19 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

He is an absolute calamity. Everything he has ever done had ended in failure or him being sued. 

Beggars belief he's a practising lawyer. 

24 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

He lost all of Stormy Daniels pay off by suing Trump for defamation when she told him not to. She sacked him.

12 hours ago, Michael W said:

He is an absolute calamity. Everything he has ever done had ended in failure or him being sued. 

Beggars belief he's a practising lawyer. 

Rudy Giuliani was the Mayor of New York city, as well as a lawyer.  The bar is very low, it would seem.

1 minute ago, JamieThomas said:

Not a big fan of scum it seems.

Think he might be a bit OCD. TBH I couldn't watch him on whatever cable channel he used to be on, why are they all so shouty? Even in the early morning over there they just rant at you, it's unbearable, Fox, MSNBC or CNN.

You don't hear much of Glenn Beck these days do you. They did a segment on him in the most recent Chapo Trap House podcast but it's strange to think how much he has faded away as other, somehow even more batshit people have come to the fore. I know it's inevitable that people will be most strongly identified with specific historical moments in time but his does seem very short in retrospect. Wonder who his current analogue is in terms of being a hysterical reaction to the incumbent president - probably Eric Garland or something.

As an aside that play of his they covered is a Freudian dream isn’t it? I remember him ranting about My Chemical Romance and Glee pushing environmentalist propaganda on kids and being a big fan of Muse because “they get it!” back in the day.

He is quite anti Trump himself us he not?

He was but apparently he’s now on the “Democrats winning in 2020 would be the end of the republic” train. Chapo were speculating that he was anti-Trump cause Trump, in his opinion, stole his grift.

4 hours ago, kmc dafc said:

It's genius.  The planet is already over-populated, I'm sure people having more babies is just the answer.