The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

:o

Jobless Claims Remain at Half-Century Low

Initial claims, a proxy for layoffs across the U.S., fell to 204,000 in the week ended Sept. 8

https://www.wsj.com/articles/jobless-claims-remain-at-half-century-low-1536842053

Really strangely, a Google Search for this news isn't plastered with CNN and Guardian links this time. Weird! What could it possibly mean?

Donald-Trump-smug-feature.jpg

#trump2020

Texas includes some of the most progressive cities in the United States - well, Austin - so I wouldn't gauge it all as a state full of banana-esque loon balls.

I'm pretty sure Dallas and Houston - or the counties that contain the bulk of those cities; Harris in Houston's case - both went Clinton in the 2016 General.

Basing who should run a country on if they stood for a wee song or not is definitely the workings of a sound mind and not a comically thick arsehole.

Folk will think those tweets are genuine and find their bovine minds slowly turning the rusted cogs in agreement.

20 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Manafort has apparently been flipped. Bet you Trump isn’t as effusive in his praise for his campaign manager now.

Doubt he'll be saying anything that could blow his pardon, unless he's being threatened with hefty State charges where Trump has no power.

22 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I would imagine Manafort is worth a good number of Russian tourists or Cypriot bankers.

You may be right, but I think think this is a game changer.

It's all about money laundering and Russian connections so it could easily lead to Trump further down the line. I just don't think Manafort would give up his Get out of Jail free card that easily by dropping Donald in it directly. He also probably weighed up that it would cost a fortune to defend a second trial and that he'd already been found guilty on 8 counts.

P.S. Manafort apparently laundered $12 million of Russian or pro Russian Ukrainian money while  he was Trump's campaign manager. The campaign persuaded the GOP to drop arming the Ukrainians as a policy statement at the Convention.

Edited by welshbairn

Mueller will have an agreement of what he wants in return for a plea deal before he agrees to it.  I’d be surprised if he’s letting Manafort off lightly.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/14/trump-legal-team-takes-back-paul-manafort-will-tell-the-truth.html

Womp womp.

You've got to think Manafort's had to bring something serious to the table for Mueller to be interested tho. He's attempted to witness tamper, had bail revoked and already been convicted of enough to die in jail. You'd imagine Mueller would have need to have been given something big, with proof of it, to offer a deal.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It's all about money laundering and Russian connections so it could easily lead to Trump further down the line. I just don't think Manafort would give up his Get out of Jail free card that easily by dropping Donald in it directly. He also probably weighed up that it would cost a fortune to defend a second trial and that he'd already been found guilty on 8 counts.

P.S. Manafort apparently laundered $12 million of Russian or pro Russian Ukrainian money while  he was Trump's campaign manager. The campaign persuaded the GOP to drop arming the Ukrainians as a policy statement at the Convention.

Manafort allegedly orchestrated a plan to smear a Yanukovych domestic rival, Yulia Tymoshenko, by disseminating “with no fingerprints” allegations that Tymoshenko had paid for the murder of a Ukrainian official. “My goal is to plant some stink on Tymo,” Manafort wrote in a message.

He also allegedly schemed to have “Obama Jews” exert pressure on Barack Obama’s administration to support Yanukovych and disavow Tymoshenko, and conspired with an Israeli government official to spread allegations linking Tymoshenko to antisemitism. Manafort allegedly wrote in one message to an unidentified associate: “I have someone pushing it on the NY Post. Bada bing bada boom.

I reckon Trump has been told to lay off anything too controversial on Twitter while Florence is ravaging the country.  It will be interesting to see if he can resist, particularly given the latest with Manafort.

It must bug him that a natural disaster is pushing him off the front page.

I reckon Trump has been told to lay off anything too controversial on Twitter while Florence is ravaging the country.  It will be interesting to see if he can resist, particularly given the latest with Manafort.
It must bug him that a natural disaster is pushing him off the front page.

Trump is his own natural disaster.