The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

7 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

They'll tolerate him until the tax cuts go through and throw him under the bus once that's done.

Can’t see the tax cuts going through in their present form.  Particularly the inheritance tax.

Increasing the deficit to fund tax cuts is something many traditional conservatives are unlikely to support.

15 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That’s what rational conservatives are most worried about. They know that Trump’s considering across-the-board pardons, which would basically tear the Republican Party asunder.

He's already at risk of obstruction  of justice charges by admitting he sacked the FBI Director to shut down the the Russia probe. If he pardoned people with potential evidence against him before their cases even reached trial it would be conclusive imo.

The Koch bros want a tax cut and Paul Ryan's been tasked with getting them it. If it goes thru, then Trump has fulfilled his usefulness and is gotten shot of. If they don't, he's hounded out for being useless. It's worth noting the only Republicans to speak out publicly against him (Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski have voted against him but been fairly quiet about it) are leaving either their seats or this mortal coil in the immediate future. Ben Sasse maybe the exception.

He's already at risk of obstruction  of justice charges by admitting he sacked the FBI Director to shut down the the Russia probe. If he pardoned people with potential evidence against him before their cases even reached trial it would be conclusive imo.

I’m not saying it’s his best course of action. I just think there’s a far greater chance of it happening with an narcissist like Trump. This could be a genuine constitutional crisis. Trump isn’t going to pull a Nixon and quit, so he’ll drag down whomever he can.

33 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m not saying it’s his best course of action. I just think there’s a far greater chance of it happening with an narcissist like Trump. This could be a genuine constitutional crisis. Trump isn’t going to pull a Nixon and quit, so he’ll drag down whomever he can.

More likely to sack Mueller first I think. More dramatic and fits the soap opera story he likes to be in. Just as big a constitutional crisis though, if not more.

Edited by welshbairn

56 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

he could easily pull a Nixon, pardon those who are being looked into then arrange for pence to pardon him when he stands down

23 minutes ago, Heart of Northern said:

I had to Google who Eric was :unsure:

He was brilliant. Posted a massive thread about GAME THEORY then had a prolonged meltdown where he started posting like the rampant AI at the end of Metal Gear Solid 2.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

He was brilliant. Posted a massive thread about GAME THEORY then had a prolonged meltdown where he started posting like the rampant AI at the end of Metal Gear Solid 2.

Well it seems some are taking Seth seriously

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/trump-campaign-papadopoulos-russia-investigation/amp

The guilty plea by Papadopoulos looks pretty damning to me: https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4163402/Papadopoulos-Statement-Offense.pdf

He's basically copped to meeting Russian officials, people who he knew had connections to the Kremlin, after being appointed to Trump's campaign.

Given he made a guilty plea weeks ago, and several names are redacted, it's probably fair to say they expect others to flip.

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 00.22.01.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 00.22.55.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 00.25.37.png

1 hour ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

The charges etc do look bad but I'm sceptical that they'll be enough to get rid of Trump as people seem to be hoping.

As important as the story is, it seems to me that for the past year people have been very happy to use the Russia investigation as a means of avoiding talking about other more important reasons their team lost. Seems like people want Mueller to get rid of Trump then things 'can go back to normal' or whatever, which is wishful thinking allowing them to avoid hard questions about how fit for purpose the Democrats actually are.

Yes, Trump's associates in collusion with Russian agents is a Democratic Party issue.  Fucksake.

4 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

It's a Democratic party issue in the sense that even with Russian interference, any half-decent left-wing campaign worth the name should have been able to beat a cartoon fascist

Is that because cartoon fascists never win elections?  Even in countries hoaching with cartoon fascists?

2 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

The charges etc do look bad but I'm sceptical that they'll be enough to get rid of Trump as people seem to be hoping.

As important as the story is, it seems to me that for the past year people have been very happy to use the Russia investigation as a means of avoiding talking about other more important reasons their team lost. Seems like people want Mueller to get rid of Trump then things 'can go back to normal' or whatever, which is wishful thinking allowing them to avoid hard questions about how fit for purpose the Democrats actually are.

Before the vote many Americans thought Hilary Clinton was running a paedophile ring out of a pizza takeaway in DC. 

But it's the democrats fault. 

Incredulous_Buscimi.gif

2 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Right.  But that attitude - added to the "Hilary was robbed/Gerrymandering/Misunderstood by the Media" brigade, which is utterly lacking in all self-reflection - will result in the Republicans winning again in 2018.  These charges will, at some point, involve Wotsit Boy, but even if it does, the Democrat leadership is every bit capable of blowing an open goal.  

Richard Nixon beat George McGovern at the height of the Watergate scandal.  I can quite see this bringing Trump down and Republicans gaining votes.  Turtles all the way down.  Cultists on either side.