The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

12 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

White house statement says... that she was gone because she 'betrayed the department'... that's North Korea speak

If she was sacked because she was seen to be taking a political stance that is fair enough, though, as you say, the language is outrageous.*

If she was sacked because she believed that what was happening was in breach of the law that is a totally different situation.  In her position she had an obligation to ensure the law was being followed.

* Here's a prediction - what most of us would previously have classed as outrageous language from a US President and his staff  will soon become the norm.

39 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

White house statement says... that she was gone because she 'betrayed the department'... that's North Korea speak

I must admit, waking up to that this morning is the first time I've genuinely felt a wee bit scared by his actions. He said he was going to build a wall, he said he'd ban Muslims, so when the people were stupid/bigoted enough to vote for him,  I was hardly surprised to see him doing it.

But this? This is getting into the realms of only surrounding yourself with people who agree with you. That is scary enough, but the 'betrayal' language is even more terrifying. 

Just in case anyone has forgotten here's where he's now at: Anyone who disagrees with him is said to have betrayed him, the press that point out his inaccuracies are lying and it's a conspiracy. Anyone who looks a bit foreign is not a proper American. The country is in a mess because of another race stealing all the jobs. The country is under severe threat from another religion and they must be, in effect, banned (or at the very least 'sent back to their own country...even if they are Americans...).  White, Christian Americans are the leaders of the country, and can do no wrong.

How can people not see what's happening here? Surely it's only a matter of time before he is impeached....it has to be.

Listening to GMS on drive in this morning and Iain McWhirter and Tom Harris having an arguement over the state visit.

According to Harris the Queen would be fine with it as she has had to have state visits from other world leaders of dubious repute of the years,

and as an example cited 'the facist dictator Nicolae Ceausescu'. Tom doing a bit of history rebranding and moving a bad guy from the left to the right.

23 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I am sure the killing of six people at a mosque in Quebec has nothing to do with the hatred being stirred up in the USA.  No sir, not a thing.  I hope no one suggests otherwise.

16 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

What a fanny you're going to look if recent reports about the attackers identity are true- absolutely desperate to pin the world's problems on the US president.

:whistle

3 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

"Hey, a French-Canadian has just murdered some Muslims!"

"Well it's there own fault.  It wouldn't have happened if they'd just banned immigrants from travelling there!"

Labour MP Tulip Saddiq is outraged at Trump's temporary ban, yet fails to tell you her aunt is the PM of Bangladesh who has a total ban on Israeli's from entering. And there are another 15 islamic countries who have the same ban.
Surrounded by hypocrisy

9 hours ago, toto1504 said:

This is getting ridiculous! A friend of mine who is a UK citizen proceeded to apply for an ESTA online (this is a visa which you are required to hold prior to visiting the USA and it lasts for 2 years plus there is a fee to pay). Apparently, when you apply for an ESTA now, you are required to list all social media information that you access as well as advise if you've participated in negative comments re: Trump and/or the US Administration - as such information may affect your ESTA application!

Your "friend" is talking bullshit.  I completed the ESTA online yesterday and there is an OPTIONAL section, where you can fill out your social media information if you wish to do so. The part in bold is absolute bollocks.

ETA... I see I've already been beaten to it with responses.

Edited by MONKMAN

7 minutes ago, toto1504 said:

Labour MP Tulip Saddiq is outraged at Trump's temporary ban, yet fails to tell you her aunt is the PM of Bangladesh who has a total ban on Israeli's from entering. And there are another 15 islamic countries who have the same ban.
Surrounded by hypocrisy

It's almost as if Bangladesh don't hold themselves out as 'the land of the free and the home of the brave' taking in your tired poor huddled masses of men who are all created equal.