The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Political terrorism resulting in death when democratic means are available is the worst crime a person can commit. In addition to the deaths it is aimed at each and every citizen and seeks to undermine our very democratic way of life. Anybody who engages in it should spend the rest of their life in prison as a specific deterrent. That's my belief. People are of course free to disagree. Beyond that this dude doesn't seem very sorry for what happened and plotted an escape while in prison that would have resulted in the deaths of prison guards. 
A few further thoughts:
The Hamilton musical dude, Lin-Manuel Miranda, is celebrating the release. These are the dudes who lectured Mike Pence about protecting the rights of people? Like the right to peacefully vote for the political arrangements we desire. The right to walk around a city in the US without someone who didn't like the way a vote went blowing you up?
Chicago Rep. Luis Gutierrez, who was actively involved with the violent shutdown of Trump's Chicago and the attacks on Trump supporters, is celebrating the release and decrying US imperialism in the Caribbean. It makes me wonder why I have to be ruled by Mr. Gutierrez.

No response from deplorable regarding the imperialistic and militaristic actions of the American government over the years?

The people of many of these central American islands has been shit because of the 'freedom' that American capitalism brought them.

23 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

No response from deplorable regarding the imperialistic and militaristic actions of the American government over the years?

The people of many of these central American islands has been shit because of the 'freedom' that American capitalism brought them.

He'll be busy doing research on Daniel Ortega and listing all the evil he's been accused of, some of it genuine. It won't be any defence to the fact that Republican administrations have encouraged, funded, supplied and participated in what can only be described as terrorist acts, and pardoned perpetrators when they were exposed to have broken even US laws. Lopez has spent 35 years in jail without being directly accused of a single violent act, a third of that time in solitary confinement.

Edited by welshbairn

40 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If this was the Telegraph predicting a Trump win and a right wing renaissance, would that be "virtue signalling"?

If.

Could you imagine a leading 'quality' paper going with the smug celebratory terminology 'right-wing renaissance'. Meltdowns galore, "literally Hitler!", "white supremacy!", petitions, candlelight vigils, colouring books, etc.

5 minutes ago, banana said:

If.

Could you imagine a leading 'quality' paper going with the smug celebratory terminology 'right-wing renaissance'. Meltdowns galore, "literally Hitler!", "white supremacy!", petitions, candlelight vigils, colouring books, etc.

Have you read the Telegraph?

4 minutes ago, banana said:

If.

etc = toys out of pram, tears and snotters, keyboards chewed, swing and a miss (maybe not that one)

12 minutes ago, banana said:

I read across the spectrum, including the Hitlergraph. Literally shaking, so I am.

I would hope so, James Bartholomew, your English instructor works for them. Why should his invented phrase not be applied to the Right signalling the immorality of Pro Choice groups, for example? Or @Deplorable signalling the superior morality of white Americans over black or latino?

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, Aladdin said:

Some of the over the top wailing and gnashing of teeth of the anti- trumpers is quite comical, even to an anti-trumper like myself.

Maybe in a couple of years we will be able to determine if it's 'over the top'.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe in a couple of years we will be able to determine if it's 'over the top'.

I wouldn't be surprised if, in a couple of years, we are finding the impeachment proceedings just as comical.

To be honest, given the current vacancy and the age of a couple of the more liberal justices couple with the level of control the republicans have, the most and longest lasting damage trump will be able to do in the US will be to appoint a couple of absolute mentalists to the SCOTUS.

12 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

I wouldn't be surprised if, in a couple of years, we are finding the impeachment proceedings just as comical.

To be honest, given the current vacancy and the age of a couple of the more liberal justices couple with the level of control the republicans have, the most and longest lasting damage trump will be able to do in the US will be to appoint a couple of absolute mentalists to the SCOTUS.

He'll probably just abolish the Supreme Court and hand over all it's business to a phone in style TV show.

"If you want to vote for Roe it's the number ending 5051; for Wade it ends 5052.  Calls cost $3 each plus your phone provider charges".

6 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I paid out to his chosen charity.

Good man, I had no idea... thought the etiquette on here was to post proof of payment.

Anyway, I'll double my donation to my charity in celebration of the Big Man's imminent arrival.

On 1/15/2017 at 23:08, banana said:

A living, breathing virtue signal in human form.

Not so popular in Edmonton.

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

He'll be busy doing research on Daniel Ortega and listing all the evil he's been accused of, some of it genuine. It won't be any defence to the fact that Republican administrations have encouraged, funded, supplied and participated in what can only be described as terrorist acts, and pardoned perpetrators when they were exposed to have broken even US laws. Lopez has spent 35 years in jail without being directly accused of a single violent act, a third of that time in solitary confinement.

21 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Didn't seem to affect the IRA's ability to raise funds in the USA. Didn't stop their political wing being lionised by the likes of Trump, either.

You'd have to talk to Irish-Americans who take the Irish part seriously. I've never met such a person, but I've never spent much time in the big east coast cities that were overrun by Catholic/Jewish/Orthodox immigrants to such an extent that the various groups held on to more of their identity. I do have a friend from DC who's dad was super into being Irish and got his citizenship. My friend said his dad went to Ireland and they pretty much told him he wasn't Irish and to get his Yankee ass back to America.:lol: I doubt Trump had much good to say about the IRA.

14 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I'm against that stuff.

15 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I see Clinton won the popular vote by 2.1%, so some of the pollsters weren't as far off as it seemed.

Yep. Within the margin of error. The issue was all the polls from big, big media organizations a week or two before the election that showed Clinton up by high single to low double digits. The sampling was clearly manipulated.

11 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

You'd have to talk to Irish-Americans who take the Irish part seriously. I've never met such a person, but I've never spent much time in the big east coast cities that were overrun by Catholic/Jewish/Orthodox immigrants to such an extent that the various groups held on to more of their identity. I do have a friend from DC who's dad was super into being Irish and got his citizenship. My friend said his dad went to Ireland and they pretty much told him he wasn't Irish and to get his Yankee ass back to America.:lol:I doubt Trump had much good to say about the IRA.

He went to a fund raiser where Gerry Adams was guest terrorist speaker, so I doubt he had much bad to say about them either.