Allan Johnston - Poll

Stay or Go  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some of the older contingent in the Norrie were giving it the "bring back Jefferies" patter on Saturday. The same contingent that tend to dish out the racist patter and the "HE'S AFFSIDE" from a throw in patter. 

In regards to AJ, at this point it's getting a tad frustrating. BUT I can't see how anyone else could turn this around either. If somebody thinks they could whip our team into shape then please go ahead! 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was surprised he wasn't retained at Hearts, as he was on form towards the end of last season.

Like to keep tabs on former players.

His last goal for Hearts came in January.

He didn't then score in his last 12 games for Hearts, maybe we just have different standards but that isn't terribly good form.

Nor is the fact he's scored 4 league goals from open play since leaving QoTS...

3 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Some of the older contingent in the Norrie were giving it the "bring back Jefferies" patter on Saturday. The same contingent that tend to dish out the racist patter and the "HE'S AFFSIDE" from a throw in patter. 

In regards to AJ, at this point it's getting a tad frustrating. BUT I can't see how anyone else could turn this around either. If somebody thinks they could whip our team into shape then please go ahead! 

The main issue is making errors. Surely this can be coached?

JJ is not the man to bring back though, maybe a defensive coach and McMillan might fix most of it?

Thing is you could see it coming miles away, several players signed up were nowhere near championship standard.

His last goal for Hearts came in January.

He didn't then score in his last 12 games for Hearts, maybe we just have different standards but that isn't terribly good form.

Nor is the fact he's scored 4 league goals from open play since leaving QoTS...

Reilly had a really good understanding with Lyle, rather than with Clark.

Magic, Riley and Clark all left Queens a season too early IMO.

I've got no delusions of grandeur here, but as I said to my Pars supporting mate, Clark and Magic are only proven successful at league 1 level. [emoji52]

Riley did very well and clearly had the potential to go on to better things. But one more season playing every week would've done him more good than the more limited game time he got at Hearts.

All would've benefitted but Magic particularly should have stayed on. Killie was a step too far and I think it's showing now.

On Monday, November 14, 2016 at 18:08, RUSTY1111 said:

Reilly had a really good understanding with Lyle, rather than with Clark.

Nonsense. He had a perfectly good understanding with both. Its incredible the way our supporters feel the need to rewrite history with Clark because he had the temerity to join Rangers.

Nonsense. He had a perfectly good understanding with both. Its incredible the way our supporters feel the need to rewrite history with Clark because he had the temerity to join Rangers.

I'm not attempting to re-write history with Clark. Reilly perhaps did have a good understanding with both Clark as well as Lyle, fair enough. I still feel Gavin should have stayed on at Palmerston instead of going to Tynecastle.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

He got offered more money to showcase his talents at a bigger club at a higher level, providing you've got a bit of self confidence anyone would jump at that in a heartbeat.

Of course hindsight might show it's set his career back in the long run but I can't imagine Reilly was gifted with sight seeing at birth. It's not worked at Hearts, and it's really, really not worked out at Dunfermline, anyone taking him on next season is doing so in the hope he'll regain his form from a couple of seasons back.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

He got offered more money to showcase his talents at a bigger club at a higher level, providing you've got a bit of self confidence anyone would jump at that in a heartbeat.

Of course hindsight might show it's set his career back in the long run but I can't imagine Reilly was gifted with sight seeing at birth. It's not worked at Hearts, and it's really, really not worked out at Dunfermline, anyone taking him on next season is doing so in the hope he'll regain his form from a couple of seasons back.

I hope Reilly goes back to Queens.

Archived