South of Scotland Cup - upcoming border team fixtures

Big Z

Will be good to see how some of the border amateur teams have progressed over the years as they used to dominate this cup until teams from the Edinburgh, Lothians and West joined. Looking at the league tables for the borders embroideries leagues some of the more prominent teams of the past seem to have dropped away dramatically! Your Leithen Rovers and Gala Rovers used to always be competing at the top end!

2 upcoming fixtures are Pencaitland at home to Chirnside which always used to be a feasty encounter and both us and Chirnside seem to be doing well in their leagues! Tranent away to Gordon will be another to watch!

I always thought when Pencaitland left to join LEAFA and Gala merged with the Lowland team those leagues would eventually suffer and not be as competitive. There was genuine bad blood towards Pencaitland being in the borders league but with them leaving you can see it has coincided with the demise of the few decent teams of the past! I always remembered a decent battle at Stow, Duns and Chirnside!

Will be good to see how these teams fair against teams playing in LEAFA.

• 4 weeks later...
How did the pencaitland and chirnside game go?

surely Danderhall as holders will be big faves for the cup again this year?

Pencaitland got beat. Nah danderhall are or will be going out as they never informed haddington either way about the tie, I know the manager and he's tried to claim the tie and has every right to do so but if they don't get thrown out they have a great chance.

Don't know who are still in it but the smart money would be on East Linton or Shotts Thistle if they are still in this.

54 minutes ago, Sx Drugz N Martin Jol said:

Pencaitland got beat. Nah danderhall are or will be going out as they never informed haddington either way about the tie, I know the manager and he's tried to claim the tie and has every right to do so but if they don't get thrown out they have a great chance.

Don't know who are still in it but the smart money would be on East Linton or Shotts Thistle if they are still in this.

Are chirnside decent?

Was wondering about Danderhall as i seen they are scheduled to play that tie on 17th December. 

Machan Utd are still in the cup,they seemed decent last season and got to semi finals and should have beat Shotts Vics,I reckon they could be one to watch. Carluke Hearts seem to fancy there chances as well,don't know much about them either.

East Linton seem to be struggling for form in league this season?

Shotts Thistle can be a decent side on their day,think they would give most teams a game at that big pitch in Shotts with the famous Shotts weather!

Are chirnside decent?

Was wondering about Danderhall as i seen they are scheduled to play that tie on 17th December. 

Machan Utd are still in the cup,they seemed decent last season and got to semi finals and should have beat Shotts Vics,I reckon they could be one to watch. Carluke Hearts seem to fancy there chances as well,don't know much about them either.

Shotts Thistle can be a decent side on their day,think they would give most teams a game at that big pitch in Shotts with the famous Shotts weather!

Not sure to be honest i think pencaitland were down to the bare bones but end of the day can only beat what's in front of you. Yeah mate they never informed haddington if the game was on or off so lucky to get a replay if I'm honest.

Yeah East Linton are toiling this year but every confidence they will turn it around as they have some terrific players so not sure why results have been so bad, I know they have a new manager so will take time for him to get his ways across.

Are Carluke still a decent outfit? Who are machan Utd? The two Shotts teams will be in with a chance. I do fancy another leafa team to win this again.

20 minutes ago, Sx Drugz N Martin Jol said:

Not sure to be honest i think pencaitland were down to the bare bones but end of the day can only beat what's in front of you. Yeah mate they never informed haddington if the game was on or off so lucky to get a replay if I'm honest.

Yeah East Linton are toiling this year but every confidence they will turn it around as they have some terrific players so not sure why results have been so bad, I know they have a new manager so will take time for him to get his ways across.

Are Carluke still a decent outfit? Who are machan Utd? The two Shotts teams will be in with a chance. I do fancy another leafa team to win this again.

Well they are the holders,would have been a shit way to go out lol 

Carluke are decent but play in a shit league so hard to judge how they will do,they could face Danderhall in next round if Danderhall progress so will know better then.

Machan play in the Saturday church league, but got to semi finals last year and took Shotts vics untill extra time to beat them.

Shotts Vics folded at start of season so just Shotts Thistle in it this year,they have a few of the Shotts vics boys in there team this season.they play Hawick Waverley,no idea what they are like.

Well they are the holders,would have been a shit way to go out lol 

Carluke are decent but play in a shit league so hard to judge how they will do,they could face Danderhall in next round if Danderhall progress so will know better then.

Machan play in the Saturday church league, but got to semi finals last year and took Shotts vics untill extra time to beat them.

Shotts Vics folded at start of season so just Shotts Thistle in it this year,they have a few of the Shotts vics boys in there team this season.they play Hawick Waverley,no idea what they are like.

Yeah especially against haddington as it will be a formality if they play. Well if they are still a decent team it should be more of a contest but danderhall seem to be very strong... they used to be torture a few seasons backs.

I've never heard of them but I don't know much about Saturday morning teams / church league but I've heard it's a reasonable standard.

Yeah Shotts are a good team so sad to see them fold but I guess with players moving on they would merge the two old teams together and play as one so they will be very very decent.

Are chirnside decent?

East linton v Machan Utd

Another win for us yesterday against Newcraighall in challenge cup, I think we just didn't know our best team mate but I think we're getting there. From reading about this Machan they seem half decent abeit they play in churches league. We've got Cupar Hearts on 7th Jan in next round of the Scottish aswell as they beat Glasgow Uni 2-1 yesterday. Hopefully turn our cup form into league form when it all kicks off again.

Yeah I'm texting whitey just now, was always going to take time to settle with him coming in as manager he's been trying to find a shape and team that suits the players you have and it looks to be working, 12 goals in two games is a massive improvement and looks like you're not conceding as many.

Yeah I seen the draw and it will be a hard game for you in the Scottish but I do fancy you to win the south. For some reason it's a cup that East Linton always wanted but never seemed to manage it but I think it'll chnage this year.

Archived