Mass Effect Andromeda

ALJAGS76

The game looks phenomenal from what I've seen, that music though [emoji38] embarrassing.

For the record I think the songs actually quite decent, just doesn't fit ME at all

I thought it worked quite well, given that it is no longer a war veteran saving the galaxy and we now have a young team of explorers. The tone is always going to be different.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what Bioware has been doing, but for some reason Peebee is holding her gun in the wrong direction;

1489269071938.png.c97fe6f45a1fbc2ae65122933056237a.png

EDIT; I was unsure of the context (she could have been handing it to someone), but she actually shoots a flying drone. With the wrong end of the gun....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_dPTprFWiw&t=1566s 

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Come on, you can't leave it at that.

They don't seem to be enjoying it much at Rock Paper Shotgun, for whatever that's worth.

Personally I thought they should have retold the original trilogy from Marauder Shields POV

Seen a response/review that says the RPS review is a little harsh. They agree that the dialogue and side quests are pretty meh though which is disappointing, it was the same with Fallout 4. The Witcher 3 seems to be the only recent RPG that actually puts in effort in those areas.

It’s mindblowing how dreadful the planet scanning system is. That you have to watch the camera zoom in to wherever you were, then crawl across the solar system to wherever you clicked (in an animation that reveals nothing, offers nothing) and then every single time zoom in too far into that planet, hold for two seconds, then pull back out again to where it’ll eventually show the UI. I can only assume that in testing BioWare had a way to skip this, because otherwise anyone playing the game ahead of launch would surely have questioned the wisdom of making this completely unrewarding experience so unbelievably boring to wade through.

Nooooooooooooooooo! I cried tears of bitter boredom and frustration over the planet scanning when I first played ME2. So fucking dreadful and time consuming and utterly not worth the reward for sitting through it. They even had to release DLC to fix this in ME2, making it much, much quicker and more efficient. Why the f**k would they make another big boring planet scanning system?! Why?!!!!

Disappointing, I seriously can't be bugged wasting time doing that again. Just give us a great story, intriguing characters, interesting locations, great backing music and the same battle system....nothing was wrong with it.

Started playing it just now. Agree that for a centuries long jaunt across the galaxy what you find isn't that exciting. The facial expressions are really off putting as well. Nothing as bad as that video so far though. It's weirdly the humans that look the worst. Asari and the new dudes look decent. Game plays fine as well. Most like 3 from what I recall.

Ive played 2 hours of a 10 hour trial i have available before i gave up on it. Its okay. The combat is decent enough but the characters are fairly meh. I found the deluxe edition online for £38 which im gonna pick up after release assuming they fix the god awful performance. 

1 hour ago, killie_lad said:

Reviews are all over the place, i think I'll be waiting on a price drop

Yeah they're a bit up and down, currently averaging 75 on metacritic.  Ach, I'm sure I'll enjoy it, I'm an optimistic sort of lad. :)

Much like any new game or film or anything after a trilogy, probably best going into it with open expectations and not in the mindset that it's more original ME. Sadly.

They've sorta did a Peter Molyneux and set expectations that they've not been capable of delivering. You would expect setting the game in a new galaxy and championing the idea of going into the unknown would mean something a bit different or unconventional but it can be boiled down to "invisible dogs" and floating rocks. It retreads old ground as well with the original species which is fair enough but again feels a bit disappointing. It's not a bad game by any means and I enjoyed being back in a Mass Effect game but between this and how rushed the ending of 3 and the poor attempts at managing it were you get the impression they've had to cut costs or are being hammered by the publisher. It does feel very broad as well.

Archived