Mass Effect Andromeda

ALJAGS76

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This must have been at the back of my mind, as I've just started through the original again. It's like slipping into a nice warm bath.

I've heard nothing about the new one, so I was a bit confused by the presence of humans, asari and suchlike in a game set in a different galaxy. Is the idea that you're part of an "ark" containing people from the Milky Way, sent off in stasis to Andromeda to preserve the galaxy's species once shit gets real with the Reapers? Not a bad idea, if so. It'll be interesting to see what kind of creatures exist over there, and if our heroes manage to find out anything about what happened back in their home galaxy.

Fully expecting to get reamed for DLC either way  :P

This must have been at the back of my mind, as I've just started through the original again. It's like slipping into a nice warm bath.

I've heard nothing about the new one, so I was a bit confused by the presence of humans, asari and suchlike in a game set in a different galaxy. Is the idea that you're part of an "ark" containing people from the Milky Way, sent off in stasis to Andromeda to preserve the galaxy's species once shit gets real with the Reapers? Not a bad idea, if so. It'll be interesting to see what kind of creatures exist over there, and if our heroes manage to find out anything about what happened back in their home galaxy.

Fully expecting to get reamed for DLC either way  [emoji14]

Think if anything it'll be a project they attempted after the end of the original series. More exploration than survival

8 minutes ago, AlexDolan said:

Think if anything it'll be a project they attempted after the end of the original series. More exploration than survival

That could be interesting by itself, as they'd be choosing one of the ME3 endings as canon. Doesn't really look like the new characters are part-synthetic, in the way they portrayed it in the previous game.

Really looking forward to this. I think it's using the same engine as Dragon Age Inquisition which I thought was brilliant. Fighting the dragons in DA:I was superb fun, seems they've carried that over in the form of weird transformer machine things:

jvLPMyM.jpg

Don't know what the f**k this is but it's creepy as f**k. Like a tripod from War of the Worlds:

ARSfTHM.png

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

That could be interesting by itself, as they'd be choosing one of the ME3 endings as canon. Doesn't really look like the new characters are part-synthetic, in the way they portrayed it in the previous game.

Or they could give you something in a similar style to Dragon Age Keep to have your own canon. Either way, looking forward to it.

An issue they will have is that the games were last generation for consoles, so I don't think they'll have the option of the continued story line. So I imagine a canon story if any appears will just be chosen before hand

An issue they will have is that the games were last generation for consoles, so I don't think they'll have the option of the continued story line. So I imagine a canon story if any appears will just be chosen before hand

Dragon Age was the same, the first two were on the previous generation then Inquisition was on the current. They set up a website where your characters and choices from the earlier games were saved, but you could also use it to set up completely different world states. But I'd have thought if they were going to do something like that they'd have announced it already

The game takes place 600 years after the original trilogy in a new galaxy so doubt they will make reference to any ending.

1 hour ago, Ramagamma said:

Mass Effect should have died with 3, honestly don't get how anyone would clamour for more of that series after what they did with 3.

From what I remember 3 was actually really pretty good, up until the final boss.

The dreaded Marauder Shields

43 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Considering all the remastered versions of last gen console games we have had.....surprised we've never seen a remastered trilogy. 

It was rumoured for quite a while, until one of EA's high heid yins was quoted as claiming that they had much more important things to be doing than engaging in that sort of cheap cash-grab behaviour(!)

I reckon they're still coining it in on the DLC. They'll have a magnanimous change of heart once nobody's using the last generation consoles any more. But they won't release it on the PC, and won't ever reduce the original DLC price just for the lulz  :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Watched a Gamespot video with someone who had hands on with it.  Says it is different from Mass Effect 2 and 3, not so much a cover and shoot game.  Did say the range of weapons and armours you could develop was impressive.  He thought combat was pretty good as well.

He did have concerns about some technical stuff with the game which he thought should be resolved considering it will be out within a month, he thinks it will be released with some glitches.  Also didn't like the new dialogue system.

Archived