Livingston v TNS

ATLIS

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

That was utterly woeful today. I'm glad we are out though, focus back on the league.

Few ratings for today /10 -
Maley - Nothing g he could really do for any of the goals. Well taken enough from their scorers but flapped a couple of crosses where it surely would have been easier to catch it than punch. Decent distribution under pressure and wrong foot. 5

Halkett - Decent first half but nothing really of note from him. 5

Crighton - Not many pass marks for him. Seemed to enjoy pumping it upfield then taking a couple of long range efforts that were closer to going in the almond than the goal. 4

Lithgow - better than Crighton. Won almost everything in the air and a couple of decent passes. 5

Longridge - Had a decent first half getting a couple of decent crosses into the box and a couple of good challenges. Surprised he got subbed. 6.

De Vita - put in a good shift. Nothing seemed to fall for him. Still good a good pass and a decent engine, apart from that unlucky his header didn't nestle into the net in the second half. Spent more time defending that attacking though. 5.

Miller - decent first half then tailed away in second half. 5.

Pittman - motm for me today. Tireless, box to box midfielder won most balls in the midfield, not afraid to leave the ground for a challenge and timed perfectly. 8.

Cadden - Greedy. Wee. Shite. Awful performance summed up by trying to take on 3 defenders at every opportunity to get to the byline and it didn't work once. Plenty of opportunity to pass or cross but instead ALWAYS tried the spectacular and fails miserably. Want him back airdrie? Coz you can fuckin have him. 1. ( was getting a zero but he hit 1 shot on target to get him 1 point).

Mullen - good running and decent couple of won headers from long punts. Apart from that nothing of note. 4.

Buchanan - was Tireless for most of first half and really up for the game. Tailed off and looked very frustrated when subbed. 6.

Subs - don't even warrant a mention. They did feck all when they came on.

TNS weren't impressive and I feel we could have got something from that game, but they defended well and caught us out on the counter and corners. Shocking defending from us. But as I said glad to turn our focus purely onto the league and good luck to TNS in the Semi. Fans did you proud today even if they can't sing in tune.

Would disagree about Maley. Couldn't jump; couldn't catch; couldn't kick; just kept putting the defence under pressure again and again. Really was like playing with ten men most of the time. I actually hoped Hopkins would have seen the light and substituted him at half time.

Also disagree about Cadden; yes he appeared greedy at times but put enough of a shift in to make a difference. created plenty of problems down his side of the field. What did really frustrate me was all too often our players would be surrounded by three of theirs and rarely did anyone else run in to help out; Longridge excluded.

Talking of Longridge I really didn't understand his substitution at all; going down to three at the back has rarely worked for us this season and with a really suspect keeper in goal it was frankly suicide. I would have preferred to see Millar go off who was really offering very little in the second half.

I wasn't as impressed with Pittman as you; all to often he lingered too long on the ball only to get robbed.

Of course the weather and the heavy pitch didn't help but the plain truth is that TNS adapted to the conditions and we didn't. 

Must have been riveting watching on the TV with the most important decision of whether to watch with Welsh commentary or gaelic.

Cadden - Greedy. Wee. Shite. Awful performance summed up by trying to take on 3 defenders at every opportunity to get to the byline and it didn't work once. Plenty of opportunity to pass or cross but instead ALWAYS tried the spectacular and fails miserably. Want him back airdrie? Coz you can fuckin have him. 1. ( was getting a zero but he hit 1 shot on target to get him 1 point).

Seems like the Cadden we had, some of our fans thought he was outstanding but he's lazy, greedy and more often than not his final ball is either the wrong one or poorly executed.

17 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

That's right we sent out our scouting team to find a decent back up goalie, they scoured the country far and wide and came up with the goalie who played with martindale at broxburn.  Imagine Martindale not recommending him when he was right under his nose!!!!.  Please stop insulting our intelligence, evreryone knows its his mate.

Maley is only part time and is not Martindales pal. He works with my dad.
I thought Kelly was a full season loan?!

21 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well Steven Saunders and Jon Routledge seem to have come in and been important players for them. Both bounced around several Championship clubs trying to find a team before finally getting picked up by Dumbarton. Whilst they played more often than not neither was an automatic pick there.

I expect they are similar to bottom Championship / decent League One. I didnt see the whole game today but Livi were comfortably the better side in the bit I did see albeit conditions maybe werent fair to judge. They may be dangerous to a Championship side especially if drawn at home but I would expect them to lose more often than not.

Semi finals are three months away though so much could change in relative form of all four sides before then. St Mirren in particular likely to make a few changes when the window opens I expect.

That is utter rubbish. Barring injury or suspension, both Routledge and Saunders were as close to being automatic picks last season as it is possible to get.

Maley is only part time and is not Martindales pal. He works with my dad.
I thought Kelly was a full season loan?!

You must be misguided or naive to believe there's no link between the two of them. If our "scouting" system genuinely found him to be the best (and most cost-efficient) number 2 there was, then there's a serious problem with the "scouts".

Archived