Lichties v Bully Wee

I am sorry mate I don't know if Clyde had a cameraman filming yesterday but I could not go as a imminent close family death meant I could not attend yesterday. Things will be back to normal for next home match, I hope you understand the exceptional circumstances that meant I could not attend.

Completely understandable,very sorry to hear about your situation. There was somebody on the gantry so hopefully we'll get to see the goals at least. Keep up the good work for the rest of the season [emoji1303]

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've put up away games earlier this year so maybe... at ours aswell

Hope so anyway

A Small delusional club certainly would not put highlights of away games on their website: )

Shame sure you would like to have seen them

22 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Im going against the grain here.
Both teams looked bang aveage at 0-0. Even at 1-0 we had most off the ball and chances with strong defending from Home team leading up to HT and 2nd half with a Gormley goal given offside and missing another chance shortly after...

My critisicim would be at 2-0 onwards & it was easy street for home team...

Fingers crossed Perry back & Linn gets injured before cup gameemoji16.png

No, a pretty fair assessment. Nothing between teams first half, Arbroath had once chance and took it. We had better of opening exchanges in the 2nd half, but once second Arbroath goal went in, their tails got up and our heads went down. 

While we played very well on Saturday and obviously deserved the win, we maybe need to reel it in a bit in terms of thinking we're suddenly some sort of unstoppable maroon juggernaut and will crush everything in our way from here on in. The last two weeks have been our two best performances this season and I'm delighted, but we very nearly only drew down at Annan and on Saturday if Gormley scored his chance 20 minutes into the 2nd half it could have been a completely different outcome.

I felt we controlled the first and last half hours, but Clyde had good spells of it for the 15 minutes before and after half time. We defended well, and after we got the second the Clyde heads went down and we strolled it, the confidence within players like Whatley and Skelly after the win at Annan was there for all to see. When under pressure we defended well and seemed well organised and disciplined, really restricting the chances Clyde had.

If we can continue to put performances like that in over the coming weeks we could really be on to something, and it's great to see several of the players we know have got quality in them starting to show it.

3 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

While we played very well on Saturday and obviously deserved the win, we maybe need to reel it in a bit in terms of thinking we're suddenly some sort of unstoppable maroon juggernaut and will crush everything in our way from here on in. The last two weeks have been our two best performances this season and I'm delighted, but we very nearly only drew down at Annan and on Saturday if Gormley scored his chance 20 minutes into the 2nd half it could have been a completely different outcome.

I felt we controlled the first and last half hours, but Clyde had good spells of it for the 15 minutes before and after half time. We defended well, and after we got the second the Clyde heads went down and we strolled it, the confidence within players like Whatley and Skelly after the win at Annan was there for all to see. When under pressure we defended well and seemed well organised and disciplined, really restricting the chances Clyde had.

If we can continue to put performances like that in over the coming weeks we could really be on to something, and it's great to see several of the players we know have got quality in them starting to show it.

We did nearly draw at Annan but we scored and won and Gormley didn't take his chance so we went onto win very comfortably. Suppose it depends if your glass is half full or half empty.

I didn't criticise when we were drawing lots of games earlier on and I am not getting carried away after two wins either. What I would say is the last half an hour on Saturday is the most I've enjoyed watching us for a good 3 years, hopefully we can get some of the crowd back.

13 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

What I would say is the last half an hour on Saturday is the most I've enjoyed watching us for a good 3 years, hopefully we can get some of the crowd back.

Agree with that, most enjoyable performance since the Davie Crawford goal machine game up at Links Park :D

3 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Again, pretty fair assessment, but the Arbroath fans have every right to feel confident - you've only lost 1 game this season. I feel the top 4 as it stands just now will be the ones there at the end of the season. In what order - who only knows, but you've got a good spine of a team there, and confidence can only breed consistency. Look at East Fife last season.

Archived