West 4th round and Scottish 4th round

eyeswideopen15

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad to clear that up , posted on line and twitter had it down as a possible
Re-draw that day

Still a unprofessional mistake to make in my opinion.

Mis-reading a number is unprofessional? Really?!?

I'm sure they'd prefer to be perfect but no-one is; it was a trivial mistake, almost like saying 'a unprofessional' instead of 'an unprofessional', in my opinion.

27 minutes ago, Graham3179 said:

Mis-reading a number is unprofessional? Really?!?

I'm sure they'd prefer to be perfect but no-one is; it was a trivial mistake, almost like saying 'a unprofessional' instead of 'an unprofessional', in my opinion.

Always on the defensive graham , accept it wasn't done right and move on ! 

8 minutes ago, dr lector said:

Always on the defensive graham , accept it wasn't done right and move on ! 

Here here. Only ever comments on this too defend sfa and Ayrshire committees. Never a word said about his Galston team. A number misread or not, it was a careless mistake and should not have happened. I am pretty sure at any other level off football it would have been a re-draw

Here here. Only ever comments on this too defend sfa and Ayrshire committees. Never a word said about his Galston team. A number misread or not, it was a careless mistake and should not have happened. I am pretty sure at any other level off football it would have been a re-draw

I'll happily comment on Galston if I think there's anything worth commenting on, but I don't think anyone particularly cares.

And yes, I do come on to defend the SAFA and Ayrshire AFA when I think people are being ridiculous, or when people are commenting on something they know nothing about, or state something that's wrong. I'm entitled to my opinion as much as anyone else. A redraw because someone misread a number is ridiculous.

The original comment was that a few teams were drawn twice, that's just not true. The draw was correct.

Like I say, I'd love to be perfect so I could have a go at people for making a simple, insignificant mistake!

3 hours ago, Graham3179 said:

I'll happily comment on Galston if I think there's anything worth commenting on, but I don't think anyone particularly cares.

And yes, I do come on to defend the SAFA and Ayrshire AFA when I think people are being ridiculous, or when people are commenting on something they know nothing about, or state something that's wrong. I'm entitled to my opinion as much as anyone else. A redraw because someone misread a number is ridiculous.

The original comment was that a few teams were drawn twice, that's just not true. The draw was correct.

Like I say, I'd love to be perfect so I could have a go at people for making a simple, insignificant mistake!

Och graham of course it should be a redraw! When did he make the mistake with the 6 or the 9? Was it when the 6 came out the bag or was it when the 9 did? They two ties could have been totally different and at any level such a mistake would result in a redraw. No one is perfect and mistakes happen but when they do, instead of coming on forums defending them it would suit the powers at be to admit the mistake and rectify it in the correct manner and show some professionalism 

Och graham of course it should be a redraw! When did he make the mistake with the 6 or the 9? Was it when the 6 came out the bag or was it when the 9 did? They two ties could have been totally different and at any level such a mistake would result in a redraw. No one is perfect and mistakes happen but when they do, instead of coming on forums defending them it would suit the powers at be to admit the mistake and rectify it in the correct manner and show some professionalism 

As I've said before the draw was correct, it was just read out wrong. So for example number 116 was pulled out the hat but the team relating to number 119 was said by mistake, but it was 116 on the screen and in the draw. All the numbers were only drawn once.

A redraw for reading out a wrong number? Oh behave yourself.

The right number was drawn out just read wrong. Calm doon

Too many out there with solutions looking for problems

They check the balls after the draw. Are you really that thick mate?

13 hours ago, The Borrheid Bull said:

A redraw for reading out a wrong number? Oh behave yourself.

The right number was drawn out just read wrong. Calm doon

Too many out there with solutions looking for problems

Could be wrong but i think PSO's point is that any blip in a cup draw, however big or small, should result in it being drawn again. 1 because it shows a little professionalism and 2 it leaves nothing open to interpretation. Junior West Cup was redrawn after a "number" error not so long ago. May seem a little drastic to others but i reckon it makes perfect sense

Gosh what a big storm in a little tea cup .....................been to plenty of Scottish / West draws in the past and I can tell you they has been dozen of mistakes [ a couple  by myself ] some crackers we did do a redraw on a couple of occasions but normally it was all sorted when the mistake was discovered.

Back then it was not as professional as todays draws so in my view a big well done to todays organizers for using modern technology and allowing all to view it warts and all

Archived