Bonfire Match of the Day

Grim O'Grady

Gala Fairydean Rovers

vs

Spartans

ko 3pm

Netherdale Stadium.

Gala.

Looking forward to a smashing day out, down on the train to Gala, a few pre-match pints in town before heading down to the magnificent stadium.

Should be a few fireworks going off today, Jack "4 goals" Hay back at his old shooting range, should liven up a cold autumnal Saturday.

Might see a few hot potatoes in the field too, who knows?

See you down there.

Grimbo

The Twitter man was away. But fret ye not, he'll be back to finger blistering twit pace next match. 

I've already (just) posted my view on the match in one of the numerous Manager threads. 

A quick reminder though. 5 goals a missed penalty & a wonder Goal of the Season applauded by both sets of fans. Yes disappointed to have come away pointless but it's football. 

Grimbo  

12 hours ago, WaffenThinMint said:

It appears that Grim's Bonfire match was more the Bonfire of the Vanities, with Jack 4 goals Hay's day at the shooting range being 3 goals short as the Bunny baiters get their first win over Slytherin -  congratulations guys!

I am obviously delighted at the result but cant help feeling more than a wee bit sorry for Jack who must have been on a high after his performance last week, then to come to Gala and take part in a historic first ever defeat for Spartans against GFR and then getting the hook must surely have hurt!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Hopefully scoring one excellent goal against GFR helped dull the pain even though the goal turned out to be insignificant as far as the result went!

Well done Gala!

3 hours ago, BUZZZZ said:

I am obviously delighted at the result but cant help feeling more than a wee bit sorry for Jack who must have been on a high after his performance last week, then to come to Gala and take part in a historic first ever defeat for Spartans against GFR and then getting the hook must surely have hurt!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Hopefully scoring one excellent goal against GFR helped dull the pain even though the goal turned out to be insignificant as far as the result went!

Well done Gala!

He was injured that's why he got hooked. 

Hopefully he'll be back firing on all cylinders for our next match. 

Grimbo 

Must dust off and update that grid from start of last season - occasioned by Selkirk's first league victory over Spartans since <1987 - as yesterday was Gala's first over Spartans since 1997-98. Congratulations to FGR.

That is the last of the venerable "hoo doos" to fall. According to my records the oldest standing is now Edinburgh University v Dalbeattie Star dating back to 2007-08. They will next meet on March 25th.

EDIT: Stirling Uni have never lost to Edinburgh Uni or Gala, and Gretna have never lost to Preston, but they've joined the league system more recently than 2007-08.

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Must dust off and update that grid from start of last season - occasioned by Selkirk's first league victory over Spartans since <1987 - as yesterday was Gala's first over Spartans since 1997-98. Congratulations to FGR.

That is the last of the venerable "hoo doos" to fall. According to my records the oldest standing is now Edinburgh University v Dalbeattie Star dating back to 2007-08. They will next meet on March 25th.

EDIT: Stirling Uni have never lost to Edinburgh Uni or Gala, and Gretna have never lost to Preston, but they've joined the league system more recently than 2007-08.

That would have been The Fairydean in  1997 and not GFR if that makes any difference ?

Must dust off and update that grid from start of last season - occasioned by Selkirk's first league victory over Spartans since

Oh thanks,mate

Archived