Peterhead v Brechin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Hedgee your silence is deafening ! Remind me not too put you in charge of City s scouting network :thumsup2

7 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Ye Caldwell just needs game time ... I thought Smithy (Euan )was poor last week although he's improved vastly since last season.. I was nt being critical in my post just gotta a wee feeling we ll struggle next few games then things will level out again...There's nothing too choose between ourselves and Bluetoon . Then Airdrie away with a new manager will be hard game 

Nor you by the looks of things !!!  :thumsup2 We were streets ahead in terms of controlling the game especially in the middle of the park. 

Nae long in.  But fair delighted with that convincing win in challenging conditions. 

I take my hat off to Ross Caldwell for mastering the conditions and putting in a performance worthy of man of the match. He really put himself about and took his goals really well. I thought we would struggle without Jacko but Ross took over the mantle seamlessly and worked really well with Trouts who looked more up for things today as did Spence. Finn Graham and Dale were excellent also. 

The defence were solid again and dealt with every high ball that Peterheid tried to throw to Rory. Apart from a well placed free kick from Rory which caught everyone out, I honestly don't think we were ever looking like losing anything. A shame again for McCormack who has had no luck with injury.  Just hope it wasn't too serious. Rodger though did really well as his replacement. 

All in all a great day and credit to the nutters who braved the sleet and freezing wind to keep singing throughout that second half. If the players are having to endure it then why shouldn't the fans. 

On to Airdrieoniansunited next week . Mon the Hedge. 

Well that was worth standing in the hale and freezing wind for Caldwell was brailant well done to him I had slaged him off in the past but he certainly shut me up. good to see Fin back in the team should never have been out of it. Well done to the guys who sang and battered the signs the whole game.

7 hours ago, MonTheHedge said:

Just to pick you up citydiehard... 'diabolical defending' 

even with defence as poor as you say it is we have conceded fewest goals in the league. Do you actually have any idea what you're on about :lol:

Defending against Livi was diabolical,when your so called manager is an ex defender you would think your defence would be solid but against Livi it wasn't.Just because we have conceded fewest league goals doesn't mean we have the best defenders.

Well done to Brechin. It was obvious form the beginning that you were well organised and had come with a plan. We always struggle to break teams down you took full advantage of that. It was notable when you took the lead up you were only committing 2-3 players in attack and it was still causing us all sorts of problems without giving us the opportunity to counter, which is were we often score from.

From our point of view it was a fairly typical performance of late with a few players being passengers and just not contributing enough to the team. Graeme Smith should be dropped just for his kicking - I can't think of a single kick he made that found a Peterhead player. I thought 2 or 3 players had not bad games, which is funny since we conceded 3, but we just seemed to struggle to stitch it together as a team regardless of how good our individual players are.

18 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Defending against Livi was diabolical,when your so called manager is an ex defender you would think your defence would be solid but against Livi it wasn't.Just because we have conceded fewest league goals doesn't mean we have the best defenders.

He cannot stop players having an off day tell me when Ian Campbell ( FUD ) was manager did we score loads of goals ?. You really need help any more shit and you will be sleeping with the fishes :lol:

So, citydiehard, what would you put down as the reason we have conceded fewest goals. I would put it down to Dods (or Dodds as only you call him) being an ex defender transferring his experience on to our defenders. Of course fewest league goals conceded mean we have the best defence in the league!

In defence of Diehard defending was terrible against Livvy and it could be been an absolute hammering but it s the game he's been waiting for to moan about  ! I myself stated yesterday that I thought things had dipped but I was thankfully proven wrong .... Maybe with Caldwell and wee Finn back in starting line up contributed to return to form ....

On another note I heard a Peterhead player getting interviewed on Northsound radio this week saying they re in false position and should be top along side Livvy ... Bet he's cringing now ....

9 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

On another note I heard a Peterhead player getting interviewed on Northsound radio this week saying they re in false position and should be top along side Livvy ... Bet he's cringing now ....

This is the same nonsense that ruined the end of our season last year. If they players knuckled down and done the basics right then maybe we could be, but there have been few at the club who have impressed or shown consistency over the last 9 months. Although I don't think the players are solely to blame.

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

This is the same nonsense that ruined the end of our season last year. If they players knuckled down and done the basics right then maybe we could be, but there have been few at the club who have impressed or shown consistency over the last 9 months. Although I don't think the players are solely to blame.

Your right your a well run team with fantastic facilities.. On paper you ve 2 or 3 of the better players in the league so maybe are under achieving at this level .. But mouthing off after a couple wins is a dangerous game ... Asking for trouble ... Your team will get it together and mount a challenge for play offs... The thing I admire about Peterhead is they re faithful to managers and don t hire and fire at first sign of a bad run like too many other teams nowadays ...Like ourselves you ll nvr take Scottish football by storm but a few shock s and cup runs with decent challenges for. Title s and play offs enough to keep us wee team supporters happy ..

Superb result yesterday in very tough conditions. I thought after the Livi game that we might go through a wee bit of a sticky patch with some tough fixtures coming up, but credit to the lads for such a great result yesterday.

Special mention to Caldwell, he's had to be patient and starts have been few and far between but he certainly made the most of his chance.

Great day out and performance yesterday. Well done to the lads who stood out on the terracing in the driving wind and rain and didn't stop singing the whole 90 minutes. Superb backing which I'm sure the players appreciated.

Archived