Berwick Rangers v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't be there today, but I do get the feeling that we are starting to slowly improve. We did have more possession, more shots and by the sounds of it, should have won.

32 minutes ago, PELE said:

I couldn't be there today, but I do get the feeling that we are starting to slowly improve. We did have more possession, more shots and by the sounds of it, should have won.

Not seeing it.  We never looked like breaking down a 10 man team.  The first time we threatened the goal was the red card/penalty incident.  Can't remember a save from their keeper all game although he did have to pick one out of the net.

Another shite performance basically.  Only scored when they went down to 9.  Give Muirhead a start.  Can't be worse than what we have.

Deserved at least a point for the second half display.

There were saves from the durect free kicks apart from everything else mentioned and there might as well only have been one half of the pitch when Cowden got the wind.

Just need someone to put their foot through it sometimes.

Much better today than previous weeks and considering I wasnt going to another away game at 1030 this morning glad I did.

10 minutes ago, CowdenConvert said:

Not seeing it.  We never looked like breaking down a 10 man team.  The first time we threatened the goal was the red card/penalty incident.  Can't remember a save from their keeper all game although he did have to pick one out of the net.

Another shite performance basically.  Only scored when they went down to 9.  Give Muirhead a start.  Can't be worse than what we have.

Sounds like every other game.

How was CJ?

Dear me. Are there any more ways this Berwick team can pick up some shite on their shoes?

Fantastic effort today and I thought Cowden matched it to be fair, but to end up with 9 men and a very late equaliser really is excruciating . Some brainless personal decisions defining our season.

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Yes I can - we improved in second half .  A deliberate handball on the line stopped us equalising against 11 and then we missed the penalty.  We created some good chances then and the foul that took them down to nine men was with a minute to go - we equalised from that free kick.  It is stupid to think getting a point when losing in last minute isn't a positive in the circumstances 

The only positive I see David is getting a point however today's objective was to take 3 points and Fox and the team yet again have failed to deliver 

Half Time not a shot on goal is very very worrying.

It's dissapointing that yet again we continue to lose the first goal and it takes until the second half yet again to get some kind of performance.

I fear that we are now just somewhat settling for survival now as I for one am not happy with today's result as I want to see the club achieve a promotion place.

l

6 minutes ago, PELE said:

Why does Fox not play Murrell from the start? We have hee-haw else upfront. Also, he would be wise to play Muirhead more. He is a good player.

A few folk have suggested the lad get a start, can't be worse than CJ. If he isn't good enough send him back to United.

The only positive I see David is getting a point however today's objective was to take 3 points and Fox and the team yet again have failed to deliver 

Half Time not a shot on goal is very very worrying.

It's dissapointing that yet again we continue to lose the first goal and it takes until the second half yet again to get some kind of performance.

I fear that we are now just somewhat settling for survival now as I for one am not happy with today's result as I want to see the club achieve a promotion place.

l

But the objective of every team in the league is to get 3 points every game - the majority of clubs fail to do that most weeks. Yes first half was very poor but I felt we were turning the tide in the second half. Again I want to see the club win the title, looks pretty difficult. If we can't I want to get promotion, if we don't then finish as high in the league as possible, if we finish bottom I want us to win the play off. Same hierarchy as I always have had more or less for 50 years. I never settle for survival but nothing is guaranteed in football and when you have a whole new team I understand that sometimes a bit more patience may be required - we have though been spoilt a bit by so much relative success in recent years but now almost all those players are gone.

If we are using stats though let's use real ones - Cowden had more shots, more possession and kept their discipline better today - hence they got a deserved point away from home. We didn't play against 8 men at any time, we played v 9 men for one minute and scored and were well on top v 10 men for 20 minutes without resorting to hoofball and had a goal denied when an opponent punched the ball if the line.

Thus at 3pm I would have been disappointed with a draw but when we were 1 down in injury time I was delighted with a draw. Glass half full and all that.

24 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

But the objective of every team in the league is to get 3 points every game - the majority of clubs fail to do that most weeks. Yes first half was very poor but I felt we were turning the tide in the second half. Again I want to see the club win the title, looks pretty difficult. If we can't I want to get promotion, if we don't then finish as high in the league as possible, if we finish bottom I want us to win the play off. Same hierarchy as I always have had more or less for 50 years. I never settle for survival but nothing is guaranteed in football and when you have a whole new team I understand that sometimes a bit more patience may be required - we have though been spoilt a bit by so much relative success in recent years but now almost all those players are gone.

If we are using stats though let's use real ones - Cowden had more shots, more possession and kept their discipline better today - hence they got a deserved point away from home. We didn't play against 8 men at any time, we played v 9 men for one minute and scored and were well on top v 10 men for 20 minutes without resorting to hoofball and had a goal denied when an opponent punched the ball if the line.

Thus at 3pm I would have been disappointed with a draw but when we were 1 down in injury time I was delighted with a draw. Glass half full and all that.

Yes just very annoyed with the product that's on display these days on the park David and fear for the club's future otherwise I wouldn't be so passionate and sometimes providing ruthless critiscism with my views if I didn't care.

You are absolutely right in terms of building the team but it's taking too long and there isn't much of what I can see of us turning things around soon.

Perhaps the Daily Record have got it absolutely right in predicting pre season that Cowdenbeath will finish 7th with Fox embedding and building a squad for promotion the following season.

I genuinely would like Fox to come good but with this seasonseason so far I am losing confidence in him

I guess if we beat Montrose next Saturday then Edinburgh City I guess we are laughing as that would be 7 points in 3 games which really would be something to build on.

Very unlike us both to have a debate together and disagreements but like you and the majority of our small true fanbase we share the same passion and care for the club. 

Hopefully results will start going our way but the facts are we are unfortunately underachieving.

7 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

I guess if we beat Montrose next Saturday then Edinburgh City I guess we are laughing as that would be 7 points in 3 games which really would be something to build on.

Would anyone put money on us beating Montrose then Edinburgh?

I probably see more games than most (Cowdenbeath can gazzump me here) and we will struggle for points against both of them.  We might win but I have no confidence we will.

I'd bite your hand off for 7th right now.

We were poor in the wins against Edinburgh City and Montrose. Fox and the players are incapable of raising their game. It's more a case of hoping the opposition have an off day for us to get something from any game this season. 

Archived