MUIRKIRKJFC

Muirkirk J.F.C

8 minutes ago, Glad I'm back said:

It makes sense when other teams have bigger budgets & can bring in good experienced players . Saying the players are young is not an excuse it's a fact . A poster saying muirkirk were shite , that's a shocker . If the committee didn't believe in what George is doing they had the perfect opportunity to not take him back 

What is he doing? What are the committes objectives?

Have you got players that are going to be sold for big money? Languishing at the bottom of the league doesn't seem to indicate that.  

You are saying that every team in that league has better players than Muirkirk have? That's nonsense. I agree the top half of that league you can't compete with but you should be more competitive with the rest.  

Earlier it was mentioned about the set up being good, that with a good manger should be able to attract some experience.  ADL level isn't all about players wanting money.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Walter Mitty certainly is alive and well on here. Normally talking to yourself is a sure sign someone needs help but maybe having multiple user names on a forum so you can debate with yourself makes people feel better. One persona makes a veiled criticism, one feigns concern and another twists the knife. At least it's brightened up my train journey this morning laughing at this thread. got to love a keyboard warrior or three. 

Was going to suggest that some of the posters on this thread get together and form a new management team and get their case made to the committee but then I realised they probably all live in the same hoose and share a computer.   

12 hours ago, Bob A said:

What was the reason for the resignation then? No official reason was ever given. It must of been pretty trivial for the quick change of mind.  The impression I got from the post by bigbuff was that he felt the team could be playing better, if given a bit more freedom and unfortunately the league table at the moment doesn't lie.

This is a pantomime everyone involved could do without.

Just had a look at this thread,wow.

George Greirson was never my cup of tea at our club,not an easy man to get on with.

But to see Bob Williamson giving out tips on how to run a team? When i watched his under 19 team,it was his 2 assistants that did all the coaching of the team,also when i saw them train at Pennyburn,he didn't do a hell of a lot.

9 hours ago, Kilwinning Rangers 1899 said:

Just had a look at this thread,wow.

George Greirson was never my cup of tea at our club,not an easy man to get on with.

But to see Bob Williamson giving out tips on how to run a team? When i watched his under 19 team,it was his 2 assistants that did all the coaching of the team,also when i saw them train at Pennyburn,he didn't do a hell of a lot.

1 hour ago, jazzy said:

Controversy and George Greirson seem to go hand in hand

Got to love the fitba banter. Everybody knows best. Bigbuff (is that a stripper thing or a kilwinning thing?) knows better than Grierson. Nobody knows the reason for the break in service but all have an opinion. Maybe the 19s manager was overseeing the coaching, kind of coaching the coaches etc. Must confess confusion about the expertise of those who apparently don't watch the team in question this season. Bit like a group of wee angry men watching a soap opera from the anonymity of a keyboard (he says fae behing the keyboard).  But as Buff1899 will know you don't need to like someone to work with them that's just a wee bonus when it happens because even enemies can bring success. Good luck to the new and old manager and all those involved in football at the various levels. I suppose in the same way a player learns his level coaches and managers do too but as even Mourinho will tell you that doesn't stop the abuse. Definitely need to get back to Burnside Park soon to see what all the fuss is about. 

Just opened this thread again and cant believe what I'm reading. Glad I'm Back firstly ive never had a go at George if youse would all read the post properly. George has had in my opinion success with teams that nobody else would have. When we got together at the beginning of last season to tie up the youth there was no doubt in my mind that George was the right man to take Muirkirk forward and I was one of the first to text him when he left and the first to text him when I heard he was back. Dont twist my words, George Grierson has done more in football than I have as my time has been spent in youth football. I understand he has a new backroom team all of whom I know well and perhaps that's the reason for returning.

My comments were for any potential new manager at that time it was muted that Fraser Stewart was the interim manager a player I know well. George has his way of running a team and playing and I learned a lot from him and i will always be grateful for the opportunity he gave the boys so dont be jumping on the bandwagon.

Kilwinning 1899 what you think is irrelevant to me tbh! 2 assistants? you must have only watched the first season mate as it was only me and Bevy Second season and we only trained at pennyburn the first season but you must be in the know eh! won the treble though!. And to be honest Bevy was better suited to the coaching side and I took control of the managing side, getting players in etc but at no point was it anything other than a 2 man team effort and myself and Bevy spent years together in youth with success. Both of us were a perfect partnership and as I have commented on many occasion his input was crucial to our success. As is his input at Muirkirk.

22 hours ago, bigbuff said:

Just opened this thread again and cant believe what I'm reading. Glad I'm Back firstly ive never had a go at George if youse would all read the post properly. George has had in my opinion success with teams that nobody else would have. When we got together at the beginning of last season to tie up the youth there was no doubt in my mind that George was the right man to take Muirkirk forward and I was one of the first to text him when he left and the first to text him when I heard he was back. Dont twist my words, George Grierson has done more in football than I have as my time has been spent in youth football. I understand he has a new backroom team all of whom I know well and perhaps that's the reason for returning.

My comments were for any potential new manager at that time it was muted that Fraser Stewart was the interim manager a player I know well. George has his way of running a team and playing and I learned a lot from him and i will always be grateful for the opportunity he gave the boys so dont be jumping on the bandwagon.

Kilwinning 1899 what you think is irrelevant to me tbh! 2 assistants? you must have only watched the first season mate as it was only me and Bevy Second season and we only trained at pennyburn the first season but you must be in the know eh! won the treble though!. And to be honest Bevy was better suited to the coaching side and I took control of the managing side, getting players in etc but at no point was it anything other than a 2 man team effort and myself and Bevy spent years together in youth with success. Both of us were a perfect partnership and as I have commented on many occasion his input was crucial to our success. As is his input at Muirkirk.

Only seen you train at pennyburn 1st year,as  the reason you never trained there 2nd year was because you didn't pay your bill on time.

Again i find it laughable,that you think your some kind of football mastermind.........what you know about football,you could chisel on an ants plums.

6 hours ago, Kilwinning Rangers 1899 said:

Only seen you train at pennyburn 1st year,as  the reason you never trained there 2nd year was because you didn't pay your bill on time.

Again i find it laughable,that you think your some kind of football mastermind.........what you know about football,you could chisel on an ants plums.

Buff on Buff or Kilwinning Bear on Bear action...what football forums are all about :-)

Fyi - Even in Lilliput you don't get chisels that small

22 hours ago, Kilwinning Rangers 1899 said:

A perfect example of why you shouldn't question someone's abilities as a football manager publicly if you're one yourself. Other peoples opinion of your ability rarely matches your own opinion.

There is an article today in the Cumnock Chronicle about the return of George Grierson as manager of Muirkirk. He says that some "minor issues" have been dealt with. He goes on to dismiss the  rumours about he never got a pre-match meal for the Girvan cup game as bizzare.He then also states he never applied for the Whitletts job but on this site when the rumours were going that he was in for the Whitletts job,it was stated that the club knew he went for an interview for the job and George Grierson was up front with the club about this. Unknown if he applied for the job but he was interviewed for the job so this might be one of the reasons that people come on here to question his integrity at times. So it looks like he's playing with words in "I never applied for the Whitletts job" but he was interviewed and probably it might suit him better to get into politics rather than be involved in football.

1 hour ago, Quantum Leap said:

As the game is off you could all write a book called the life and times of Muirkirk Juniors to keep us all entertained until the next match.

Or the time could be productively used by the current Muirkirk gaffer to consult with this threads self proclaimed coaching guru who reckons he knows Muirkirks players better, their style of play and what would bring the best out of them enhancing performance and improving results in a Junior football environment. No he doesn't have Junior football experience and apparently is more styled to player recruitment than coaching (he says) but never look a gift horse in the mouth and when you have chiselling skills of that quality you really should be taken seriously.

Archived